Start by marking “Facebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit” as Want to Read:
Facebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit

Facebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit

2.96  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Once upon a time there was an online social network called Facebook, and it brought together people from all over the globe, helping them to reignite romances, launch careers, and even find organ donors. Facebook Fairytales brings to light inspirational "happy endings" stemming from the increasingly popular social-networking site. Author Emily Liebert crafts captivating na ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Facebook Fairytales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Facebook Fairytales

Michele
Mar 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Phenomenon that IS Facebook
Emily Liebert had a brilliant concept for a book, and Facebook Fairytales doesn't disappoint. As a fan of this phenomenal social networking website and because I have personal experience with both finding long-lost friends and also being found, I was eager to read her collection of "Modern Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit."

From the first page, I couldn't put it down. It's well-researched, well-written, relatable and highly entertaining. The reader is guara
Jean V. Naggar Literary
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“Some of the stories will give you the warm fuzzies...or amaze you ....Some stories will even bring a tear to your eye.” --Seventeen.com

“FACEBOOK FAIRYTALES is filled with captivating narratives of 25 real-life stories…The overriding theme...is that the generosity and resilience of the human spirit is truly powerful in cyberspace.” --Oprah.com

“Westchester author Emily Liebert features 25 of the most compelling connections in FACEBOOK FAIRYTALES.” --The New York Daily News

"What does the world loo
Philip
Aug 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Well, this book is pretty much exactly what I expected from reading the title. It's a bunch of short, feel-good (mostly) tales involving Facebook to some varying degree.

For what it is it's great; not a terrible way to waste a few hours. Beyond that, though, it's nothing particularly special. The plots are cute and rather predictable, since you know they're (mostly) all going to end happily. Some of them are more interesting then others, as can be expected by any collection of stories.

Really, I d
Steph Su
Feb 23, 2010 rated it liked it
FACEBOOK FAIRYTALES is a collection of 25 inspiring stories about the miracles that have occurred over Facebook. It’s not difficult to find uplifting tales in a social networking medium that permeates most of our lives, and these stories about organ donation, finding lost people, reuniting separated families, and more are short but sweet tales of the extraordinary in the ordinary. I’m a sucker for inspirational stories, and several within this book definitely had been tearing up and sighing.

This
Robyn
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am not on Facebook anymore. I used to be, and I used to use it a lot. I got sick of Facebook. The beginning of 2013 I had enough and called it quits. While I have heard stories from people around me on how they have re-connected with people that haven't seen in years, I haven't heard any extraordinary stories like the ones that are in Facebook Fairytales. This is a cute concept for a book - and uplifting stories are always wonderful. This book hosts 25 stories from people all over the world th ...more
Sarah Wright
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In a world full of negativity, this book was a breath of fresh air, so to speak. The stories that were told in this book were heartwarming.

You hardly ever hear of the positive things that comes from Facebook, but this book is full of amazing and heartwarming stories that came about because of the help of Facebook!
Unit of Raine
Dec 30, 2010 rated it did not like it
It was a quick read. I didn't care for the authors style ... it actually distracted from the lack of material. There were maybe 3 interesting stories, nothing hugely inspirational.

However, when read following "Linked" it highlights the potential of exploiting our networks ... and the professionals that are hugely successful at it.
Denni Harbaugh
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
The stories were inspiring. However, I found the spelling errors distracting. Especially since most of them would have been caught if a spell-check had been run. Perhaps there were more errors because I read the Kindle version? But the stories were very good.
Bonnie
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Picked this to read because of the promise of real good real life stories. Very quick read, most of the stories were not all that interesting but part of that was probably the writing style. Most interesting was the variety of reasons people were putting Facebook to use.
Issa
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a collection of stories about how facebook has changed the lives of individual people. Some were emotional and heart warming while some were very business driven. The business stories didn't really fit the theme set by the title, but some of the stories were interesting.
Eldon
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
I'm a little disappointed with this book. Of course "Modern-Day Miracles" must be taken as hyperbole but still overall not as inspiring as I had hoped. I guess I'm a sucker for happy endings though, so since fractional ratings are not available, I'll round the stars up to a three.
Kat
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Facebook is so amazing-I was reunited with my birth-uncle after 20 years, haven't met him in person yet. It's so awesome that others have this experience as well. I felt like I connected with the stories shared. I'm glad I read this one.
Markie
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!!! I loved it!!! I'm a FB addict!!!
Audra
Sep 05, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved some of the stories more than others. Really enjoyed the one with the sisters.
Cindy Zhou
Jan 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Few awful typos should have been caught. Otherwise lovely feel-good short stories.
Maryellen
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a good collection of stories about people who connected on facebook.
Mamta
Apr 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
It's not that moving. There are about three or four stories that are truly modern-day fairytales!
Kim
Jun 02, 2016 marked it as to-read
I heard the author interviewed on Martha Stewart Sirius this morning. This sounds like a nice uplifting book..like the Chicken Soup for the Soul type of thing.
Danielle
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
easy read, wouldn't recommend
April
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z2012
This has some fluffy happy stories, and some not as happy. It was a break from my normal reading.
Kelly
Dec 27, 2013 added it
Similar to a Chicken Soup for the soul book.
Abby
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Poor editing!
Dana
Sep 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book, but the stories were not quite miracles and there was a bit of a subliminal Facebook propaganda message woven in.
Claire Rafala
Jun 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Pap.
Mary
Jun 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
Reader's Digest style stories extremely sweet and smarmy.
Dphngng
Jul 17, 2011 added it
Shelves: kindle
A handful of feel good stories featuring FB and how it has changed the way people interact. A Chicken Soup for the Facebook Soul equivalent.
Margot
Dec 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction, abandoned
I'm a grammar snob, so I was put off by the mechanics of this book. And for me, the stories were not particularly inspiring or miraculous.

Now I feel like a grinch.
Kathryn
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle, 2011-books
pretty good book. could have used some editing, but not bad.
Barbara Fischkin
Nov 21, 2012
Nicole Long
Feb 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating
  • Republic (America's Future, #1)
  • 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake
  • Mary's Son
  • Ultimate Leadership: Winning Execution Strategies for Your Situation
  • The Magic of Windlier Woods
  • Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond
  • The Bluejay Shaman
  • Delivery
  • World Wide Rave: Creating Triggers That Get Millions of People to Spread Your Ideas and Share Your Stories
  • The Pale Boy
  • 40 Days without Food: Divine Goodness to a Starving Soul
  • Spinning
  • The Future According To Me (Kindle Single)
  • The Captain's Table Omnibus
  • The Long, Steep Path: Everyday Inspiration from the Author of Pay It Forward
  • Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries
  • Homefires
Emily Liebert is the bestselling author of five books.

Her first book Facebook Fairytales is available across the globe.

In 2012, Emily wrote her debut novel, You Knew Me When (Penguin), which published on September 3, 2013. Her second novel, When We Fall, published on September 2, 2014. Those Secrets We Keep, her third novel, released on June 2, 2015, and her fourth novel, Some Women, came out on A
More about Emily Liebert...