Start by marking “Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)

Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  679 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Homicide detective Alex's secret life as an erotica author makes her the target of a serial killer. She and her partner Cole, must find him or she'll pay for her Dangerous Cravings with her life.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations some readers may find objectionable: Strong BDSM theme and content, violence.
Published March 21st 2006 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Cravings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Cravings

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm

photo images 4_zpsy2ksmzvp.jpg

This book OMG it's so good, this was a second re-read through for me, which in my opinion is a sign of an excellent read.
To recap we have Detective Cole Berkley & Detective Alex Reed They are partners and also best buds. and they both work for Tampa's homicide division.
There is a serial killer on the loose and they are targeting individuals from the BDSM community.
This is where our story gets interesting, unbeknown to Cole, Alex is a
Spynonu
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, amazon
This has to be one of my favorite BDSM related reads to date. This book isn't hard core which is good- just right for the tone a book involving newbies. It has a believable plot in how the two become entangled in BDSM and how they work through their feelings about it. So many books throw people who don't know each other into instant love who become mega kink maniacs knowing exactly what the other person wants and needs. Not here - these two get to be normal human beings - refreshing.

I was pretty
Caramel12
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, bdsm, romance, crime
Evangeline Anderson knows how to mix her BDSM with crime very well. If you are new to the scene, don't worry, she's not a hardcore BDSM writer so don't run away scared. The story centers around a Tampa detective who we discover has recently suffered a personal loss and is struggling with the grief. We meet her partner and best-friend who is very protective of her and is also going through his own personal marital problems. There is also a crazy serial killer running around murdering women in the ...more
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK: COMING SOON

------------------------------------------

REVIEW OF EBOOK: JANUARY 1, 2006

One of my first erotic romance reads. I enjoyed this very much because it had suspense in it. I prefer it this way otherwise the sex just bores me. A friend didn't like it because she didn't think there was enough sex in it but I found it just right. I was probably reading it as a romantic rather than as an erotic suspense in mind so it depends on what you're looking for.
Angela
29 November 2015: $1.82 on Kindle
 Joyce
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 400-500-pages
Lived it for a thriller.
Mia
It's a really good suspense book. If you're just looking for erotica, it's a very small part of this book, it's more directed to the suspense part. Which was kind of refreshing.

I got REALLY frustrated with the characters in the beginning and they didn't seem competent at all. But in the middle that started to change in my opinion. And sometimes the author seem to get a bit of the bdsm stuff wrong. I'm not in the lifestyle, so I'm not sure about that. There might be people who doesn't need a "war
Danielle Thomas
Love this book. Likeable vampire, hot hot sex. Funny.
ൠSinful
I'm not totally sure I should shelf this on the 'good first BDSM' book shelf. The protagonist is an author of erotica, but she hasn't ever done anything herself. As she and her police partner Cole start investigating a seriel killer, they find all the victims were exploring the BDSM world. They end up having to play the part of newbies to the lifestyle, and Cole discovers Alex is turned on by the dominance and submission.

There isn't a ton of sex in this book. It is mostly a mystery, and after t
D.G.
Dangerous Cravings would have been way better if the serial killer aspect would have been deemphazised. Besides that, there was a lot of emotional turmoil with a heroine that's not able to accept her need to submit and the hero's shock at discovering that a woman he thought he knew had a whole different side to her. I think this is the first time where I've read about both of main characters having to learn and accept their kinky side and it was very well done. But the serial killer aspect just ...more
This book is kind of a toss up, there were part's that worked for me and then there were part's that just fell short. This book spends a lot of time going over the two lead characters feelings and reactions to BDSM, parts of this was ok but it got old after a while. The characters in this book were divided into two groups, one for 'those people are FREAKS', and another for 'this is a perfectly normal way to live'. Your faced with two extreme's and then low and behold the main characters settle f ...more
Karen
SPECTACULAR OF COURSE...
WHEN A COP WHO WRITES EROTIC BOOKS IS TARGETED BY A SERIAL KILLER SHE REFUSED TO GIVE UP THE INFO THAT SHE TOO IS A AUTHOR... IT COULD GET HER KILLED.....

Her partner has always had a innocent thing for her now divorced they must play the part of dom/sub to find this killer and find out a few things about each other that can cause them to loose the long friend ship they have had forever..

I loved this book it was hot and very scary.. a really well written book with a great
Issa
Interesting book, different from what I expected from Evangeline Anderson. The actual BDSM was light and the murder mystery interesting and well done. The book was released in ebook in 2006 and I might have had a more favorable review if I'd read it back them. Most of the book is taken up with Alex and Cole discussing her need to submit and how wrong Cole and others think that need is. In the current world were 50 Shades of Ridiculousness is a best seller, I can't relate how weird everyone seeme ...more
Debbie
This novel was written in first person, however it switches which person is narrating from chapter to chapter. Which I really liked. I got to see how both of the characters were thinking and feeling.

The book is very light on BDSM play, it mostly talks about Alex and Cole's emotions surrounding their latent emotions towards domination and submission.

The book wasn't what I thought it would be, and I almost stopped half way through. I am glad that I didn't. It was a great story and I really loved t
Camfaz
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, m-f, bdsm
A cop who secretly writes BDSM fiction and a killer on the loose killing off BDSM fiction writers. But there is more to the story than just this. And Tampa Detective Alex reeds dark secrets are about to come crawling out of her dark closet and out into the light as her and her long-time partner and best-friend go undercover as Dominant and submissive couple to try and catch a serial killer turning women into his own freaky forms of art.

Enjoyed reading the book.
Stephanie
Not sure about this one. I'm generally a fan of Anderson's work (mostly her Scifi and paranormal romances), but this one fell a bit short. I was sad at how weak Alex was compared to some of Anderson's other leading ladies. This might just be a misunderstanding on what BDSM really is or a hiccup in trying to portray it, but...

This one was just meh. Read it or don't. It was a short one, with some okay spanking sex scenes.
Vibeke
Great suspense that really kept me turning the pages. At first the constant shift in POV disturbed my reading but then it was overturned by the exiting plot and I didn't notice it anymore.
The BDSM part of the story is Light and sweet and is really more about accepting yourself than the sex.
A great read.
Petrina
Very nice

I have to admit I really didn't figure out who the culprit was until the very end which was good. I hate predictable books. Nice story line about accepting yourself as you are, and finding a partner who does the same. Good read.
Mafe
This was one of the first BDSM books I read and I still revisit it from time to time because the interaction between Cole and Alex is just so potent. A very good read and introduction into the BDSM world.
Red
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a really good book. The story was solid and moved at a very good pace. No added filler just the meat and potatoes of the story. I will be checking out her other work. I was very impressed.
Linda
Jan 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not so much a BDSM and erotica book, as a murder-mystery.
Someone is targeting and killing women by tying them to bed and now Alex and Cole tries to find the killer.
Deborah
Ok middle of the road BDSM/mystery. Liked the H/h especially the father/ daughter relationship. Nice to see a caring father. The relationship between the H/h was good. Nice overall story.
PJ
Feb 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f-bdsm
Good build-up of both the sexual tension and the characters' developing feelings for each other
Vidalia
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Melodie
Jun 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
More erotica that looked promising, but was anything but. BORING!!
Joe
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very realistic view of sex and all of the pitfalls. Good story without the sex too.
Lois Alston
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

More so about believing in every part of you and acceptance. Some people are on the very edge of insanity and it takes very little to push them over.
Gail
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Lisa
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I could not get into this book, when the story was still dragging on at chapter 10 I gave up.
  • Slave To Love
  • Moving On (Bondage Ranch, #3)
  • Sweet Vibrations (Tygers, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers, #3)
  • Blushing Violet
  • Re/Bound (Doms of the FBI #1)
  • Tamed
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #2)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • Firebird
  • A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6)
  • Beck And Call
  • Unfair Advantage (Diablo Blanco Club, #1)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more
More about Evangeline Anderson...

Dangerous Cravings (2 books)
  • The Switch (Dangerous Cravings, #2)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Governess of Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me