Start by marking “Color Harmony Compendium” as Want to Read:
Color Harmony Compendium

Color Harmony Compendium

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

A selection of content from the entire Color Harmony library offers readers the most comprehensive reference book on the usage of color available today. Included are swatches and material for designers and all types of artists looking for inspiration and guidance to ensure the right color choices for every project.

Hardcover, 25th Anniversary Edition, 432 pages
Published September 1st 2009 by Rockport Publishers (first published 2009)

Jan 18, 2010 rated it liked it
An interesting book -- I saw it from more of a graphic design perspective than a home decoration "color chart" one. Still, it gave me some ideas and their are perforated pages in the back of paint chips if you really want to get creative.

My problem is: this is a library book so I cannot tear out the chips and I did not get enough value out of the thing to go and purchase my own copy.

Note: the shagging bunnies (in all different colors) on pp. 92-93 were the last thing I expected to see in this bo
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: artists, designers
Shelves: art, reference, design
Met my expectations of a reference book and it needs more examples of different illustrations and applications. But overall it's a great start to introduce beginners to basics and harmony.
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ux
This is a great book that every UX designer needs. Check out the full review here:
Ghada Taha
Mar 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
I think that it an important book for all graphic designer.
Aug 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
Flipped through in B&N. For each basic color, it gives the mood, a bunch of sample pallets, and samples of logos and other things designed in those pallets. Very cool.
Aug 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: design
i love this book.. cuz helping me to combine color if i want to designing for my task on collage.. include cd.. and we can combine ur own.. whats why i love this book
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Designers
Recommended to Heba by: Ahmed Naiem
Shelves: favorites
Interesting and informative
Rhonda D
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a glass blowers I use this book all the time.
Dec 09, 2012 added it
I used this book a lot in class to help people understand how colors work together.The built in color wheel is pretty rad.
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
loved this color, especially all the different color ideas!
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
I liked that the book talked about the power and choice of color used in advertisements and graphic design. I also liked the CYMK color codes at the end of the book.
Jan 10, 2014
Nikki D
Aug 28, 2012
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hobbies
A useful guide to all things color, including choosing professional colors in graphic design, soothing colors for interior decorating, and sophisticated colors for your vehicle. There are brief discussions on color psychology, color theory, and a profile for each of the "main" colors. Filled with illustrative pictures and color block pages at the back. This book has a wide range of useful applications.
« previous 1 3 next »