Start by marking “Blue Bayou (The Callahan Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Bayou (The Callahan Brothers, #1)

Blue Bayou (The Callahan Brothers #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  725 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
JoAnn Ross, one of the fastest-rising stars in contemporary romance, begins a stunning trilogy that showcases her extraordinary storytelling ability and introduces the unforgettable, moss-draped splendor of Blue Bayou.

Published April 2nd 2002 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2002)

Susan (susayq ~)
Well, I'm just not sure what to say. This didn't blow me away, but it didn't suck balls either. I loved the fact that it was set in south Louisiana, since that is where I was born and raised....the author even mentioned my hometown a couple of times in there. I'll admit, if you're not use to the Cajun accent and speech patterns, this may be a hard read, and I was a little irritated that readers may read this and think all Cajun people talk this way and sound sort of dumb and uneducated, when we ...more
Alex
Having just discovered JoAnn Ross and looking forward to a delicious romantic southern trilogy I went into this one with high hopes. And yet again I was disappointed on the execution.
I don't know what it is, because the pieces are all there in her stories (at least in the two I've read so far.) A bayou setting, a Cajun man who is a former town hellraiser turned DEA agent turned drunk whose restoring the antebellum home his mother used to work in and the town princess lived in. The same town pri
Jacqueline
A fairly decent read that had potential to be so much better. The set up for the story was ripe with angst. But all that emotional potential was sort of ignored.

This was the story of young lovers, Jack and Danielle, who were separated by the heroine's father who forced the hero to leave her when they were teenaged lovers. Then he forced her to an unwed mothers home to have their baby and give it up for adoption. Now they have both moved back to Blue Bayou. He has purchased her ancestral home an
Stephanie
Jack was a little too raunchy for me. Definitly over the top and inappropriate at times. I don't think I would have liked him like Dani does. But it was an easy read and enjoyable most of the time.
Linda
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful, very romantic book with a character our of the 50's movies. Jack Callahan moved back to Blue Bayou when the swore he would never return and Danielle Dupree returned after her husband's death and these two were on a difficult path from that moment on. Jack, after a stunning career in undercover work, had written a best selling novel that was made into a movie so money was not a problem for him. To keep the mafia out of Blue Bayou, he bought the southern home of Danielle Dupr ...more
Mom
May 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-during-2010
Danielle Dupree, daughter of a prominent judge, was the closest thing to a princess the sleepy Louisiana town of Blue Bayou ever had. Her passionate teenage love affair with Jack Callahan was cut short for reasons that were never clear to Dani -- but were all too obvious to Jack, the sexy bad-boy son of Judge Dupree's housekeeper.

Thirteen years later Dani, a widow with a son, comes home to start a new life and is surprised that Jack, too, has moved back to the Bayou. A former DEA agent who is n
Wendy
I really enjoyed this book, though I couldn't give it Five Stars because I felt that although the story was good, there could have been so much more. The heroine, Dani, had much mor potential. Her fathers story had room for intrigue and suspense that was never fullfilled. And at the end of the book I felt that she kind of hurried there, trying to get it wrapped up. Overall worth the read, but could have been more.

Karen
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epub
This is the first romance story in a while that I actually enjoyed. The first half is definitely stronger than the second. Yes, the characters could have developed more, but they were likable. The various subplots could have been more developed but I didn't read it for the suspence. the author flavored the dialog with Cajun patois without spelling it phoenetically. The sexy bits were hot. I liked the story and the writing. Definitely moving on to the second book.
MBR
This is JoAnn Ross’s first book that I have ever tried out and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at how good this story is. I think I picked up the “scent” of this novel in some discussion forum in Amazon and this book certainly does seem to have got its fair share of good reviews which the story certainly deserves.

Beautiful love story with enchanting characters and steamy sensuality that’s sure to be a winner for any romance novel lover.

Full review: http://bit.ly/9GV2Sk
Amos
Aug 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found in SHB's pile when we installed the Readers Stand 8/5/2010
Think I read this a couple years ago added to my to-read pile 8/5/10
started 9/18/2010 don't remember reading it but have read many like it.
Think I will order books 2 & 3 of this group.
Several words phrases used from Cajun dialect of Louisiana's bayou country. Most familiar from other books I have read/listened to. finis early am 9/20/2010.
started again 5/15/2011, finis 5/17/20
  • Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • When I'm with You
  • Dream Groom: Brides of Bradley House
  • The Fall of Maggie Brown
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
  • The Secret of Cypriere Bayou (Shivers, #5)
  • Wedding Favors (Mortal, #3; Berkley Heat, #4)
  • Undercover Lovers
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • Body Work
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9)
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Smoke in the Wind
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written over a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmo and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including Romantic Times's
More about JoAnn Ross...

The Callahan Brothers (3 books)
  • River Road (Callahan Brothers, #2)
  • Magnolia Moon (Callahan Brothers, #3)