Start by marking “When I'm Feeling Scared” as Want to Read:
When I'm Feeling Scared

When I'm Feeling Scared

(The Feelings Series)

Have you ever been so scared that your heart races? Do creepy, crawly spiders and being alone in the dark make you tremble? The little rabbit knows how it feels to be scared and just what to do to feel better. Read along, and you too might find that what scares you isn’t so scary after all.
Published December 28th 2005 by Gingham Dog Press (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about When I'm Feeling Scared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When I'm Feeling Scared

Start your review of When I'm Feeling Scared
Kiara
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I especially like the note at the end for parents. I wish my parents had done me the courtesy of reading it and understanding the importance of self-esteem in children. Who knows that kind of person I might have been if someone had taught me to be less scared.
Kerri
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just bought this book and 3 others like it. I really like how they explain to my son about what it means to be scared, sad, angry, and happy. Then it talks about how to deal with these feelings and that it's okay to feel this way sometimes. It does so without being to complicated.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all)
Another excellent conversation starter for young children to discuss their fears: what it feels like to be afraid, what makes us afraid, and oh joy--the fact that everyone is afraid sometimes, it's normal and it's OK to admit it. Some people are afraid of things that other people find funny, or just don't bother them--but those same "brave" folks have their own fears even if they hide them. Fear is a positive thing, as it stops us doing stupid things that could get us or others hurt, too. The ...more
Melissa Shea
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Picture- The bunny in this book tells us what he is scared of and what he does to help him when he is scared.
Beth
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Good description of scared feeling but doesn't tell how to handle it
Lina
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good book to control emotions
Cathy
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ditto, as my responses before in this series.
Peacegal
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This was certainly an emotion I knew well as a child...and know well today. These days, I'm afraid of things on a much wider scale (and less manageable) than as a kid, but we all need a bit of comforting now and then.
Suzanne
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This series is great. Indy is 4 and asks for them (when it's a good day!) and today he asked for the 'sharing one'. I couldn't find it but I found this one. I like the very simple themes and vocabulary for Indy as he's not a 'sitter' when reading.

It's okay to feel scared. It can help us get away from danger and make us yell out for H E L P!!!

A shame in this instance today though, that he ended up doing roley poleys on my bed instead of listening to the story. Grrr!
Mallory
Jun 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s, horror
I picked this book up because my son has been having bad dreams lately and I thought it would help him get through it. Luckily I read it before I shared it with him because the illustrations are very dark and frightening! If he didn't have bad dreams before reading this book, I was sure he would after! One page shows little scared bunny in bed and a shadow of a large frightening looking man/monster watching him sleep with glowing eyes.... terrifying! When it showed what it actually was with the ...more
Julia
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Children I've used it with during sessions have responded well. Many particularly like the texture and the suggestions. I refer back to it to prompt ex/ "remember what the bunny tried when he was feeling scared?"
Alshaimaa
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-books
تصوير جيد للأحاسيس والأفعال التي تنتابنا حين نشعر بالخوف.
تقريب لمعنى صعب وتوضيحه بطريقة جداً رائعة للأطفال.
Kayla
Renee MA
rated it it was ok
May 12, 2017
Olivia
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2013

• Who Sank the Boat?
  • Hattie and the Fox
  • Elmer
  • Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse
  • What Do You Do with an Idea?
  • Diary of a Wombat
  • Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy
  • The Day the Crayons Quit
  • Creepy Carrots!
  • The Squishy McFluff Collection
  • The Invisible Cat! (Squishy McFluff, #1)
  • Squishy McFluff: Seaside Rescue!
  • Squishy McFluff: Secret Santa (Squishy McFluff the Invisible Cat Book 4)
  • Squishy McFluff: Big Country Fair (Squishy McFluff the Invisible Cat Book 6)
  • Squishy McFluff: Meets Mad Nana Dot (Squishy McFluff, #3)
  • The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar
  • The Very Quiet Cricket
  • Llama Llama Holiday Drama
Trace Moroney is an energetic and dedicated professional with an extraordinary passion for publishing. After many years of being employed in corporate management with international publishers, she found herself in the highly desirable position of being able to follow her heart and establish her own business.

Trace is an internationally acclaimed author and illustrator specializing in children’s

The Feelings Series (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • When I'm Feeling Sad
  • When I'm Feeling Angry
  • When I'm Feeling Happy
  • When I'm Feeling Kind
  • When I'm Feeling Loved
  • When I'm Feeling Jealous (When Im Feeling)
  • When I'm Feeling Lonely
  • When I'm Feeling Disappointed (The Feelings Series)
  • When I'm Feeling Nervous (The Feelings Series)
  • When I'm Feeling Love