Start by marking “Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room, #2)

Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  1,028 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Four mistresses of erotic romance unleash their most irresistibly dangerous fantasies in this sensational anthology of lust and lingerie? So many delicious surprises under a corset?Such fine exquisite lace. Such warm soft leather. Such a nice tight fit. Such impressive boning. Here are four all-new stories from four hot authors that erotica fans will find irresistible?
Published December 2nd 2008 by Berkley Books (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Unlaced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlaced

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Dec08

This book is very hard to rate as I quite enjoyed a few stories and really didn't care much for the others. The overall rating would be more of a 3.5...
Well! I just finished “Unlaced”, a new erotica anthology published by Penguin. “Unlaced” contains four very different stories that run from sweet reunion romance to a demon-infested corset that craves sadistic acts and blood! The vast differences were rather jarring for me as they ripped me from m
Marion
Feb 25, 2008 Marion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ties That Bind- Jaci Burton
At age 16 Lisa got pregnant by Rick who was 19 at the time. They got married, but being so young things just did not work out. Rick has always been there for Lisa and his child. Now that his daughter is 18 and going to college Rick deceides it's time to seduce Lisa and make her his wife once again. Very sweet love story with spicy love scenes.

Undone- Jasmine Haynes
Margo is 45 years old and just has been dumped by her boyfriend for not being sexually daring. She comes a
Riverina Romantics
4.5 For Controlled Response by Joey Hill

I said it in my review of the first book but I will say it again - I am really blown away by this series.

Controlled Response – the story of Lucas and Cassandra was chilli hot, scorching in the best of ways. Not only did it leave me panting, but the strong emotional connection left me giddy.

I want a ‘Lucas’ all of my own.

The men in this series know how to put a woman first and foremost, not only sexually (YOWZA) but emotionally. They treat their women as
Aly is so frigging bored
Only Joey Hill's Novella

2nd read: April 2015
Buddy read with Maru
I think this defines the "swept of your feet" concept!

1st read: January 2013
"And you don't think I'm capable of taking care of myself?"
"On the contrary. Which is why I expect, if you weren't trying to prove something to me, you wouldn't be contemplating taking an unnecessary risk. I like taking care of you. Is that so bad?"
"I should have run you over with the Harley. And rolled over your bike for good measure."
"Now that's just pure
Dee
Review for Controlled Response by Joey W Hill ONLY!

Originally read July 2012.....re-read April 2013

After reading about Lucas' talents in the previous book, I was so looking forward to his story. Although it was really good and I enjoyed it, I don't think it quite lived up to what I was expecting or hoping for ;)
Jen
I know people think smut is smut....but I find it truly amazing that an author can write a story so full of NON-VANILLA sex that it has your head spinning, but at the same time is such an emotional read that it has me crying throughout! I am truly in love with all of these characters. I knew after the first book that I was in love with all FIVE of the Knights of the Boardroom, but I knew off the bat that Lucas would be one of my favorites, and his story only made me love him even more.

Again - no
Danielle
Sep 30, 2010 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot, Steamy, Sexy and Adventures is the best way to describe Unlaced. I was on the edge of my seat while involved deep in this steamy treat!

The stories were mostly about everyday people living their lives until some hot guy takes that over. I liked the fact these woman were strong, independent, and most of all memorizing. Once they knew what they wanted they took control from there. I loved that fact these stories weren't about younger woman. They are older, wiser, and can still turn up the damn
Moran
The rating is for the first 2 stories by Jaci Burton and Jasmine Haynes since I didn't finish Joey w. Hill story and I'm not planning to read the 4th story.

I really enjoyed the first 2 stories but I was only able to read 3 chapters from Joey W. Hill's story- It was really boring and I didn't like the writing style at all- there was hardly any dialog between the characters and I just didn't care about any of the characters- too bad since I read so many good reviews about her books but that's jus
Sharon
Dec 01, 2009 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
3.5 stars. The stories were decent. All had good sex scenes, but the first two stories were way better I thought. The last two weren't as interesting and the characters weren't as engaging. But worth a borrow from the library for a snowy night. Very easy reading.
Sheryl
Yup, Lucas is my favourite hands down... fair enough, i've only read about 2 out of the 5 Knights... but i just LLLUUUURRRRVVVEEEE Lucas... if i say anymore, it would be way to x-rated, so we'll just leave it at that i REALLY ENJOYED Let Loose *wink wink*
Gee
Aug 14, 2010 Gee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Top story in this one = Controlled Response, Part 2 in the Knights of the Boardroom series, by Joey Hill

5 stars
~ Becs ~
Another Knight of the Boardroom finds the holy grail - his forever woman submitting to him.

Le sigh!
Nikki
Nov 19, 2009 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stories of pure TRASH! I'm giving it four stars.
Regan
Jul 05, 2008 Regan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vintage Jaci Burton only better, Jasmine Haynes tickles your imagination.

I couldn't get into the other two stories very much.
Toni Schmidt
Story by Jaci B was good. the story by Jasmine Haynes was good. story by Joey hill became disjointed half way thru and I struggled to finish. then it just ended. didn't read story by Rossetti as not into British middle ages.
Oleta Blaylock
Oct 05, 2009 Oleta Blaylock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CONTROLLED RESPONSE

Finally the second story for Knights of the Boardroom this story has been a long time coming. It is appropriate that Lucas Adler would be the next to fall. He is Matt Kensington's best friend and CFO of K & A. All these men are drool worthy and it is hard to pick just one as the best of them all. Matt is the leader of this group and showed the others that finally a mate was a very good thing. Lucas is an accountant and a cyclist. He rides his bike to and from work every da
Kathy Davie
A very nice collection of four short romances with a common theme of a corset and love ranging from sweet to erotic to historical.

In 2008, Unlaced won the Cupid and Psyche Awards from The Romance Studio for Best Erotic Anthology and the OKRWA National Readers Choice Award for Novella (Undone).

Series:
"Controlled Response" (Knights of the Board Room, 2)

The Stories
Jaci Burton's "Ties That Bind" is a very sweet story of a couple who married too young, divorced as a coping mechanism, and, with their
LMM
Apr 10, 2012 LMM rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Novella 2 - ONLY read Joey Hill's Controlled Response.

Okey dokes, so in this series, with each installment Joey is clearly moving it up a notch, showing the reader the different levels of how hardcore the Dom/Sub relationship is.

This installment was for me a classic Joey Hill fail. Sure it was hot BUT the male character, Lucas was too perfect. A complete Gary-stu. His dialog was something out of an overly earnest Hallmark card. Totally purple and OTT. Cassandra was alright. She didn't do it for
Lindy
Ok, my honest responses to all 4 stories in this anthology:

Jaci Burton: She had me loving every minute of the reunion story until the heroine kept pushing the hero away again & again. And AGAIN. When you know you have your perfect man (and she knew she did because she had known him for 20 years), don't look for reasons to push him away. Kind of a bummer because I've really enjoyed some of this author's other books. 3.5/5

Jasmine Haynes: My favorite story of the book. The heroine almost blew i
Jean
Dec 30, 2008 Jean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
This anthology definitely has some good points and bad points. From the perspective erotic fiction, I thought the Jaci Burton story was a bit slow and boring and the Denise Rossetti story was a bit unusual. The Joey Hill story was exciting and interesting, although a bit over-the-top in the usual fashion of this author (as in, I can't imagine it happening in real life...but, it is fantasy/fiction, so that's ok). The Jasmine Haynes story was my favorite, although I do wish it was longer to flesh ...more
Darcy
Aug 21, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of 4 hot stories with the common theme of a corset. Burton's story was a sweet one of high school sweethearts with a twist. Haynes' story was a great one of a woman taking back her sexuality and empowerment. Hill's story about a woman who needs control so much, but yearns to loose it. While Rossetti's, for me was the weakest of the bunch, dealing with a possessed corset.

If you are looking for a fast read with some really hot couples make sure to check this book out.
Kelly
Mar 09, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of both Burton and Hill, and enjoyed both of their stories, except I would have liked a deeper dive into the story of Lucas and Cass of the Knights series by Hill. Ties that bind(Burton) is sweet and a story of rekindled love. Jasmine's story of an older women and younger photographer is sexy with a cougar twist, very enjoyable. The last story just wasn't for me. But over a good into to these authors if you haven't read them, if you did enjoy them look for some of their other stories.
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
I've only read the Knights of the Boardroom short in this book so far, but I liked it. 4/5 for that one. I'll update as I continue reading.

So far, I'm not loving KotB as much as I do the VQS, but I think these are some of her earlier novels, so that's expected. I'm looking forward to working my way through Joey's books. =) And also to checking out these other authors in Unlaced! I'm always on the prowl for great new authors!
Amy
Dec 28, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first 2 were WOW! I especially liked "Undone" by Jasmine Haynes. Scorching! The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is because of the last story. It was so bad I couldn't even read it. Why put a historical story that includes dragons (not at all my thing) in with 3 stories set in modern time?

Great read with TONS of spice if you exclude "Rubies and Black Velvet".
Gail
Jun 23, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the beginning of Lucas and Cassandra's story which happens to be an amazingly steamy chance meeting off the beaten path in the Berkshires. Lucas realizes in this chance encounter that this woman is hold so much of herself back and he wants to be the man to give her that release. Can't wait for Controlled Response.
The other stories honestly did not hold my interest.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Loved sweet sexy Lucas and his wicked tongue. Need I say more? Mercy these Knights of the Boardroom are very naughty. My favorite was Matt but Lucas is a very close second. I also liked Cassie and had a lot of respect for how strong she was in taking care of 6 brothers and sisters. Christ, she deserves a medal.
May 12, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, bdsm
I bought this primarily to read Controlled Response as part of the Board Room series. I thought this installment while it had parts that made me uncomfortable; it was still creative and HOT with a sweeter sentiment than the first. I read a couple of the other stories in there as well and they were okay--entertaining enough.
Monika Kaye
I haven't read all three stories yet, but wanted to write a few words about Joey Hill's Knights of the Board Room #2. I liked it, but not as much as the first one. Right now I am kind of iffy about continuing the series. I think Ms. Hill's more current books are much better than her earlier ones.

I will come and update after I have read the other two stories.
Lani
Sep 08, 2009 Lani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
My favorite story was "Controlled Response" by Joey W. Hill

Although I pictured Lou Ferrigno in "Undone" by Jasmin Hayes, he wouldn't have been my first choice but I guess it got the point across of how large the character is.
Erin
Jan 24, 2013 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Jaci Burton, however Joey W Hill wrote the best story in this anthology with-out-a-doubt!!! Controlled Response is something you will finish reading, and then begin re-reading again. It is just that good.
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • A Red Hot New Year
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Sneak Peek
  • Some Like It Rough
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...

Knights of the Board Room (9 books)
  • Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
  • Controlled Response (Knights of the Board Room, #2)
  • Honor Bound (Knights of the Board Room, #3)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • Willing Sacrifice (Knights of the Board Room, #6)
  • Soul Rest (Knights of the Board Room, #7)
  • Cantrips: Volume #1: Minor Magics Crafted to Amuse and Entertain
  • Cantrips: Volume #2: Minor Magics Crafted to Amuse and Entertain

“Geez, man, don't give yourself whiplash. You are hurting, if the mention of Victorian underwear will get you worked up. I know a girl...." - From "Controlled Response” 3 likes
“She shook her head. "You're insane."
"We're human, Cass. That's all. We're all kids playing grown-up. We do the best we can."
[Lucas to Cassandra]”