Start by marking “El monje que vendió su Ferrari” as Want to Read:
El monje que vendió su Ferrari

El monje que vendió su Ferrari

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  81,798 ratings  ·  4,533 reviews
De vuelta a Occidente tras un extraordinario viaje por el Himalaya, Julian Mantle visita a un antiguo colega y amigo, un hombre que trata de emprender su propia búsqueda de los secretos de la facilidad. En un relato prodigioso y mítico, lleno de una esclarecedora sabiduría prúctics, Julian Mantle nos revela un método único para liberar todo nuestro potencial y vivir con má ...more
Published February 19th 2002 by Random House Foreign Language Publishing (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about El monje que vendió su Ferrari, please sign up.
Harish Sankar Read it one chapter at a time; Not the whole thing at once.
Think about what is shared in the chapter.
Read the next chapter the next day!

·  81,798 ratings  ·  4,533 reviews

David Tendo
May 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the message, just didn't like the format it was presented in. Felt like the author just had a list of frequently asked questions and set out to answer each and every one of them one by one systematically, so there wasn't much narrative or actual enjoyment in the reading of it. The "story" is essentially just 2 guys talking over dinner, actually only 1 guy talking (the titular Monk), the other guy is just there to ask the questions in between the long monologues and to confirm the Monk's an ...more
Hatem
May 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-development
قراءة : حاتم

عنوان لافت للنظر يختصر قصة محامي ناجح يسقط ارضا اثر ازمة قلبية في جلسة مرافعة. في آخر الأيام تبدلت أحوال جوليان مانتل إلى ذلك الشخص الذي يطنب لساعات في قاعة المحكمة دون أن يستطيع أن يغير من مسار قضية موكله شيئا !. لقد كان محاميا لامعا يملك كل ما يتمناه أي شخص , يلبس بذلات ايطالية لا يقل السعر الواحدة منها عن ثلاثة آلاف من الدولارات و يرتاد أرقى المقاهي الليلية بصحبة الفاتنات.

في ثوان معدودة حسمت الأزمة القلبية الأمر. وكأنها نتيجة للانفلات الاجتماعي والعاطفي والروحاني الذي كان يعيشه ما
Dimple
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The monk who sold his Ferrari" can be called as life-changing novel!
These kind of novels add essence to your life and gives you direction specially in the hard times. It gives you the answer to the questions like What is the purpose of life? How we can attain happiness and satisfaction? etc..
Nothing in it is Unknown to us yet it makes us notice that "Known"!
It tells us to savor each moment with exuberance along with an aim in life.. It is our prerogative to lead a happy successful and rewarding
jenna
Jan 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, spoofs
I categorized this book under spoofs because it made me laugh so much. I wanted to stop reading it because I found it ridiculous, but I wouldn't feel worthy of panning it here if I hadn't completed it and the joy of sharing my take on this book kept me turning pages and dog-earring quotable pages.

First, let me be clear, I like me some cheese; I like it with crackers and I like it with wine and I like it in my entertainment and personal growth. That this book is cheesier than a Velveeta factory w
Astrid Natasastra
Oct 18, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Now I rarely read a book and stopped halfway.
Unless if it's really really boring.
Such as this one.
And it wasn't supposed to be boring. Because it's a fable.
But I didn't get anything out of it.So halfway reading, I skim through the rest.
I have the habit of joting down verses/nice words from my readings and..this book failed to give me anything.

Other than that.. I feel like it's a 'trying too hard version'of 'The Secret', 'Eat Pray Love' (the 'Pray section) and 'Tuesday with Morrie'

So sadly to say
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
I don't know about this. I started it about 10 times and dropped it like it's hot NOT. Maybe I need to get in the proper mood for this.

And the overflowing cup metaphor? How many times has this frakking Chinese legend been retold? 50 times? 1000 times? It's nice to think about the first couple hundred times I heard it but by the present moment it's my killswitch. I have read about it literally everywhere! Including spam and ads on miraculous stuff to get my nonexistent dick larger!

I can't even r
Peep Laja
Jun 03, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people searching for meaning and direction
The first time I read this book I just loved it. I read it at the time when I was asking myself questions regarding 'What to do with my life?'.

I found the book very energizing, giving me a lot of inspiration and motivation to go on and many answers to my questions.

When I read the book the second time, it didn't seem to have the same effect.

PS! Who is looking for great literary value, will be disappointed. Sharma is no writer, but if you can focus on the message, it won't bother.
Mona M. Kayed
Mar 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

لطالما سمعتً عن هذا الكتاب ، لكن أملي خاب فيه بشدة لدى قراءته . أفكار الكتاب ضحلة للغاية و ممجوجة حقاً . هنا أودّ أن أطرح سؤالاً عذبني طيلة فترة القراءة : ما مشكلة الناس مع العبادة ؟! أعني حقاً لم يعانون من كل هذا الخواء الروحي المرعب ؟

أعلم أنني هنا لستُ بصدد بيان ميزات الدين الإسلامي ، فأنا جاهلة فيه قبل كل شيء ، لكنني لم أستطع أن أمنع نفسي حقاً من المقارنة .. فكرة الكتاب تدور حول نظام الأيام السبعة من أجل السيطرة على العقل و الروح للوصول إلى حالة الامتلاء النفسي ، النظام يدور بشكل أساسي حول ا
Taghreed Jamal el deen
هذا الكتاب يصلح للإستخدام كمنوّم ؛ ما إن أقرأ فيه قليلا حتى يداهمني النعاس .. أنا التي تقرأ 300 صفحة كمعدل يومي بكل شوق وحماس استغرقت في كتاب من 200 صفحة ثلاثة أيام تخيّلوا ! أشكر نفسي بحق على المجهود الذي بذلته لإنهاءه

من المفروض أنها رواية عن تحقيق الأحلام ، لكنها ليست إلا سرد طويل لتعاليم ما يُسمى بالحياة المستنيرة لدى حكماء السيفانا الهنود ، عن طريق حوار ممل بين ملقّن ومتلقّي ، وهكذا إلى نهاية الرواية .. لا أحداث ، لا حبكة ، لا تشويق ... لا شيء أبداً
الشكل الذي اتخذه هذا الشيء - الكتاب مجازاً
Anuradha
Feb 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: FSB. They can use it for torture.
If I could take back all the hours I spent on reading this crap, I would. To say I hated it would be an understatement. Oh, it changed my life indeed, after all, it almost turned me into a homicidal maniac. And I still don't get the fucking point of the book.

Also, who the fuck sells their Ferrari? If there is anyone who's planning to do so after having read this book, feel free to contact me. I'm in the market for a new car anyway.
Sanjay Gautam
Jan 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A mediocre book. Although the author has tried to make the book full of wisdom, it hardly achieve its desired result - of helping an individual; it utterly fails to make any impact.
Rami Shouk
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
THE most useful book I have read so far!
I guess, that when you read this book, if you open your mind to its ideas and concepts, you’re gonna find it revolutionizing and life changing. Otherwise, you’re just gonna think it’s boring and never go through with it. Well, in my case, and because I was looking for this kind of book for so long, I found it very useful, and I just KNOW that lots of things in my life won’t be the same because of it.
In a very simple, yet very meaningful, short story Robi
Adina
Dec 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, short, india
I am not a fan of personal development books written by so called motivational writers. I prefer writers that have previously done something with their life. However, I received this as a gift from my best friend and I was feeling a little bit under the weather so I felt that some motivation was welcomed. I tried to keep my heart open and was prepared to absorb as many life-changing advices as possible.

I knew the book was total garbage from the first 20 pages but I tried to give it a chance and
Aakanksha
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read a full review - Blog

Never forget the importance of living with unbridled exhilaration. Never neglect to see the exquisite beauty in all living things. Today, and this very moment is a gift. Stay focused on your purpose. The Universe will take care of everything else. It is a recommendable read.
Sumati
Sweet mother of Jesus!! What was I trying to read???

This novel is a self-indulgent twaddle of a z-grade author!! What a load of rubbish.
Maria Bikaki
Αποφάσισα το συγκεκριμένο βιβλίο να μην το βαθμολογήσω και νομίζω ότι αυτό θα κάνω από δω και στο εξής με όλα τα βιβλία αυτοβελτίωσης και εξηγώ το γιατί. Σε πολύ πρόσφατη κριτική μου σε βιβλίο του Γιάλομ έγραφα ότι τελικά δεν υπάρχει βιβλίο που μπορείς να το προτείνεις στον άλλο, ότι δηλαδή διάβασε αυτό το βιβλίο γιατί εμένα μου άλλαξε τη ζωή και το ίδιο θα κάνει και με τη δική σου γιατί πολύ απλά κάθε άνθρωπος τελικά έχει διαφορετικά βιώματα και διαφορετικές ανάγκες, ίσως αν θέλετε και ανάγκη ν ...more
سُعود

وكلما سقيته بالعالم النافع ،، اثمر بالافكار الثمينة

كتاب يستحق الاقتناء ومفيد لمن يبحث عن تطوير وانارة عقله
Tareef
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
أبدع روبن شارما في راويته هذه لأبعد الحدود، فهي حقًا مع راوية ‘الخيميائي’ أفضل الروايات التي قرأتها في حياتي ..
تدور أحداث هذه الرواية حول محامي من الطبقة الثرية، الطبقة المخملية، المترفة، الذي يملك كل شيء : أرقام فليكة، قصر يسكن فيه، سيارة فيراري، سمعة مهنية براقة .. لكنه يصاب بأزمة قلبية تجعله يدرك أهمية أن يجري في حياته تغيير جذري وداخلي عميق .. فيسافر لجبال التبت بحثًا عن حكمة الشرق ورحانيته وهناك يتلقي الحكماء وينهل منهم حكمة التغيير الشخصي ..
وبأسلوب أدبي جميل، يعرض جوليان مانتل (المحامي الذ
Vera
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ενα βιβλίο που αξίζει να το διαβάσει κάθε αναγνώστης και να το έχει στη βιβλιοθήκη του. Δεν πρόκειται βέβαια για λογοτεχνία, αλλά για ένα βιβλίο /οδηγό για το σύγχρονο άνθρωπο που συχνά χάνει το πραγματικό νόημα της ζωής και αναλώνεται σε ανούσια θέματα που απομυζούν το χρόνο και την ύπαρξή του. Αλληγορικό και ανθρώπινο μπορεί να μας βοηθήσει να βελτιώσουμε τις σχέσεις μας με τον εαυτό μας και τους γύρω μας
Catherine Howard
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Outing myself as a reader of self-improvement books with this review, but so what... I think it's all a bit of a waste of time if you don't try to spend some of your time improving your life from within.

THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI didn't start off well for me because I absolutely detest fables; my idea of cruel and unusual punishment is being forced to re-read THE CELESTINE PROPHECY, for example. My problem with fables is that they are, more often than not, stupid. They come across as a child
Lubna ALajarmah
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
أحب قراءة مواضيع في التنمية البشرية على شكل رواية أكثر من أسلوب التلقين الذي يأتي على شكل نقاط أو نصائح وإرشادات ... أعجبتني هذه الرواية كثيرا وأنصح كل من يمر بمرحلة ضيق في الوقت أو عسر في هضم الأهداف أو صعوبة في المضي قدما في طريق الحياة البسيط الصحيح، أن يقرأ هذه الرواية وأن يشرب كوب شاي اخضر أيضاً ..

كتاب أكثر من رائع .. وقراءته ممتعة بحق
Catherine Oughtibridge
The monk who sold his Ferrari, is a misleading title. The man who sold his Ferrari and became a monk, would have been more accurate. The idea of a monk driving a Ferrari is somewhat thought provoking and made me smile. The book itself was a merger between fiction and instruction on techniques to perfect your life experience. From a fiction point of view, it too often told rather than showed. It’s an easy to read book (I read it in an afternoon) and the structure works well making it easy to reme ...more
آلاء  سامي
كتاب مذهل !!

وكأنه هدية من الله لي في هذه المرحلة الحرجة من حياتي
Muthazhagu Palanisamy
A lot irritated by the narration, but not the content.

May be it is my prejudice - I find the "fable" approach to self-help books tedious to read. The last one I read, that took a similar approach, was Gung Ho! by Ken Blanchard, and came off thinking that the whole book was silly. The Monk Who... came highly recommended, and hence I plunged in.

The book starts off on a promising note - hot-shot lawyer has a heart-attack in court, right after winning a big case. What happens next?

Here's what happe
Nojood Alsudairi
ربما كان أهم فصل هو الفصل التاسع الذي أعطى فيه الراهب الطقوس العشر. حلول عملية

١- طقس الاختلاء

٢- طقس الجسد (٥ ساعات رياضة اسبوعيا)

٣- طقس الغذاء الصحي (خضار)

٤- القراءة (٣٠ دقيقة يوميا)

٥- طقس التأمل الشخصي (الداخلي)

٦- الصلاة (شكرا)

٧- العيش التابض بالحياة (الاستماع للموسيقى)

٨- طقس الكلمة الملفوظة (عبارات ذات قيمة)

٩- طقس الشخصية المنسجمة (اجراءات لبناء الشخصية)

١٠- طقس البساطة (الملبس غير الفاخر والتقليل من كمية الطعام)

لا حاجة لقراءة الكتاب إن كنتم تؤمنون بأهمية الطقوس السابقة الذكر :)
Shog Al Maskery
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's the type of book that reminds you of life lessons you probably knew but never applied. It touches upon simple things that we can do that will make big differences in our lives.
Ravi Gangwani
Only book in my life which I tried to read 6 times and never got out past 80 Pages every time. And given-up finally :(

Julian, the lead, clearly looked as constructed to frame the story, seems very boring and hence big turn-off.
Sash Chiesa
Nov 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just another terribly mediocre book trying to sell some cheap philosophy!
Abhilash Kulkarni
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Some books are meant to be tasted, some are meant to chewed, some digested. While there are some rare books that not only meant to be digested but also made to be a part of the body and mind. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari is one such book.
The books moves at a good pace and the never becomes boring as peachy books tend to be. In fact, the way the teachings have been presented in a story format is the most important reason why this book has become so popular among the masses. It also lasts only 2
Roula
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Διαβαζοντας κανεις τον "μοναχο" , καθως και λιγο απο το βιογραφικο του Sharma, ειναι σαφες οτι ειναι και αυτος ενας απο τους "φωτισμενους" ανθρωπους αυτου του κοσμου.τι σημαινει αυτο? οτι απλα εχει εφαρμοσει καποιες απλες και βασικες αρχες που υπαρχουν στο συμπαν και φροντιζει να τις μοιραστει και με αλλους ανθρωπους που εχουν τη θεληση να ακουσουν και να εξελιχθουν.οσα περιγραφει στο βιβλιο ηταν πολυ ενδιαφεροντα και σιγουρα γνωστα, ισως αυτη ειναι και η μαγεια του και το μυστικο της εξελιξης: ...more
About the Book!!! 63 479 Jan 23, 2018 10:22PM
  • The Old Man and His God: Discovering the Spirit of India
  • High-Performance Entrepreneur
  • Business Sutra: A Very Indian Approach to Management
  • Choose the Life You Want: The Way to Lasting Happiness Moment by Moment
  • Secrets of Mind Power: How to Organize and Develop the Hidden Powers of Your Mind
  • Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • The One Minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams
  • I Am Another You: A Journey to Powerful Breakthroughs
  • The Ultimate Happiness Prescription: 7 Keys to Joy and Enlightenment
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Five Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle
  • The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
Robin Sharma is one of the world’s premier thinkers on leadership, personal growth and life management. The bestselling author of
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari,
Who Will Cry When You Die? and
The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO and four other books on self-transformation.

Robin Sharma is in constant demand internationally as keynote speaker at the conferences of many of the most powerful companies

“Your "I CAN" is more important than your IQ.” 491 likes