Start by marking “Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc., #2)

Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc. #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  4,358 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews

New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's red-hot new romantic suspense series features the irresistible men of Black Ops, Inc., a special team of heroes with a taste for living on the edge....

A Dangerous Attraction...

Abbie Hughes no longer trusts men, but despite her cool indifference, her long legs and showgirl face still draw plenty of attention. Between worki
Published October 21st 2008 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Take No Prisoners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take No Prisoners

Jonetta
Sam Lang's been tracking Fredrick Nader for a long time and believes he's minutes from capturing the head of a seriously corrupt international enterprise in Honduras when Nader delivers him a personal and tragic blow. Sam leaves Black Ops, Inc. and returns to his family home in Las Vegas. When he's given another opportunity to bring down Nader, Sam signs on and develops a relationship with unsuspecting Abbie Hughes, a casino dealer whose brother is the connection.

I have to admit that I put Sam
Auntee
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romantic suspense
I loved it and I just breezed right through it! I forgot how happy a good, romantic suspense by Cindy Gerard could make me feel. There was just enough steamy romance between the H/h to go along with the easy to follow, gripping, gem smuggling suspense plot taking place in the steamy Honduran backcountry. I enjoyed the relationship between the quiet, somewhat tortured hero, 35 year old former Black Ops, Inc. (a covert, private security team) hunk and now rancher Sam Lang, and the smart, brave, an ...more
Buggy
Opening Line: 'A gecko, low slung, forked feet flying, skittered across the sill of an open window, hauling ass as if it actually had somewhere to go."

I'm loving this series! TAKE NO PRISONERS is another WOW read from Cindy Gerard’s fantastic Black-Ops BOI’s. This cleverly written story starts off with a bang and just keeps on going. Filled with action and suspense a-plenty Gerard whisks the reader to exotic locations filled with car chases, shootouts and several wicked bad guys all trying to ou
Robin
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam Lang left his Black Ops Inc. team when his sister was murdered by Frederick Nader, a well known drug runner and criminal fighting for territory in Honduras. Not wanting to put another member of his family in danger, Sam returns to life at his ranch in Nevada. But it’s not long before he discovers there may be a way to take Nader out of the picture. The Black Ops team has uncovered a connection between Nader and Cory Hughes. Cory is a low level mule working for Nader's organization. The team ...more
Dee
Susan (susayq ~)
Why did I wait so long to read this? I loved the third book in this series (that I read out of order and first LOL) and I liked the first one. This lived up to my memory of how good this series is. Cindy Gerard does a great job of writing action and pacing it. And, yes Sam sufficiently made up for his major screw up and betrayal at the beginning...even when I had my doubts that he could do it :)
Anita
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
The Black Ops Inc. Series is a great, solid romantic-suspense series and Take No Prisoners has everything you want in a romantic-suspense book: hot hero; damsel in distress heroine; a situation that only the hero can resolve; and a hot off the pages, sexy romance.

Sam Lang has come home to the family ranch after his sister and brother-in-law are murdered to get Sam to back of his pursuit of a nasty drug lord. The BOI team know he is looking for revenge on his sister's murderer and bring him infor
Jennifer Lane
I liked #2 in the Black Ops, Inc. series even better than the first book Show No Mercy. The love/hate relationship between Sam and Abbie, as well as the emotional storylines involving their siblings, totally drew me in.

Terrorist Fredrick Nader is a bad, bad man. To get back at BOI Sam Lang for pursuing him, Nader murders Sam's sister and brother-in-law. Devastated, Sam quits the elite private team to join his father and niece back on the ranch. But none of them can move on with life knowing the
Hbeebti
New author for me. Man can I just say I love her! Wow, this book was wonderful. Fast paced and wonderfully intense. I started with this book even though its book #2. But I couldn't find #1. Hopefully soon.

This is about Sam who is a real likable character. For me he just felt real. His emotions with the loss that he felt and the confusion and love that he felt for Abbie.I love how he was instantly feeling guilty and then trying to push that aside. He was so wonderfully protective not only of Abb
Riverina Romantics
5+ STARS

When it takes me less than 24 hour to read a full length novel with my kids at home for the duration - it shows how much i LOVE a book.

I made the mistake of starting this an hour before I wanted to go to bed. "Just a few chapters of the fabulous Cindy Gerard & I'll sleep peacefully" I told myself. EEEHHHhhhh WRONG.

One hour turned into three and I found it physically painful to put this book down before finishing it.

Sam was yet another sex on a stick, Black Ops, die to sleep with,
Jamie
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well... about 10% in I realized I already read this one! I read it in paperback when it first came out! Jeez.... It was a good one though!
jenjn79
Oct 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 3.5 / 5

I'm giving this one 3.5 stars because thought I liked it, there were two things that knocked down my enjoyment level. They weren't major things, but enough to bug me a little.

Series Note:
Probably best to read this series in order, though this one is a little less dependent on previous books than some of the others.

Summary:
Sam Lang loved his life as an operative for Black Ops, Inc...then a man Sam was trying to bring down turned the tables and murdered Sam's sister and brother-in-l
ElaineY
I got through this quickly. I love these fast-paced stories and wish, somehow, it happened in erotic adventure-suspense books, too. I liked Sam and Abbie and yeah, the BOIs are great. I look forward to the next one about Reed though I'm not particularly thrilled about his 'barely-there mustache and barely-there beard. I hope he shaves it off for his book.

The plot was simple to follow - Sam wants Nader who has Cory, Abbie wants Cory who had the diamond necklace and the necklace is the tool they u
Joy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Be careful in the company of monsters that you don't become one.”

A great follow-up to Show No Mercy--well written characters,lots of action and hot romance--I enjoyed Sam and Abbie's story
Cheri
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, now I'm really getting into this series. This one took off from page one and never stopped until the last page. I just loved Sam from the beginning. Abbie, who was quiet and demure, turned badass! Crystal her bff was hilarious. I am enjoying all the Brothers in this series and their missions. Off to read #3
Jane Stewart
Mar 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read but lacked emotional punch. A couple of plot logic issues, but still fun.

STORY BRIEF:
Sam is part of a U.S. Black Ops group after bad guy Nader in Honduras. Nader arranges for a car bomb to kill Sam’s sister back in the States. Sam retires from the group in grief and now works with his dad on a horse ranch.

Abbie is a blackjack dealer in Las Vegas and a part-time college student. Her younger brother Cory has been buying Honduran knick-knacks and shipping them to Abbie to store for h
Glamdring
*Spoiler free review*

Another great story with no downtime.

From the beginning of the series I knew that I'd love Sam's book. Actually, Sam and Doc. I love strong and quiet guys and Sam didn't disappoint. And for those of you who love Black Ops guys AND cow-boys, Sam is definitely your guy. That's right, he is both *le sigh*.

I really love how the BOI interact with each others but Sam and Johnny Duane Reed have an even more special relationship. In addition to being stuck at the hip, Sam seems abl
Gina
Nov 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Falling for the woman you’re investigating can really weigh on you.

Sam Lang left Black Ops, Inc. when the unthinkable happened. Sam was getting too close to Fredrick Nader and his operation. He was determined to stop the cold, maniacal SOB. But Nader got to him first. Planting a bomb in Sam’s sister’s car, blowing up her and her husband, leaving their daughter behind, was Nader’s warning to Sam: Cease and desist, or more will follow.

Sam is now running his father’s ranch outside Las Vegas, taking
Kathrynn
I enjoyed reading this one--until it go to the ending...

First of all, looks like this book was too short. After each chapter were blank pages that were included in the page numbering. Secondly, there were some jarring scene transitions that could have been a result of over editing. Thirdly, there was very little romance or lovin' between the h/h. Lastly, the ending seemed thrown together and looked like filler CRAP to get a few more pages into the book. Ugh!

This was not as polished as I'm used t
Gina
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
I flew through this book, it felt as if i had just started reading and it was over? Of course that may be because i got absolutely nothing done before I was reading all day long!

In the beginning Sam really upset me, he was definitely on my sh*t list! But after some time he managed to redeem himself and I was once again swooning!! The murder of his sister drives him causes him to quit the BOI's and return to his family farm. However, circumstances present an opportunity to get the man who murde
Kellie Maddox-Ward
WOW... WOW... WOW...

It goes along the storyline of Girls likes Boy, Boy likes Girl.. Boy gets the Girl..

but with a whole lot of Guns, Bombs, Alpha Males, Secret Agency stuff and the dealings of the worlds underground crime system...

Every loves an Alpha Male, but an Army Alpha Male is just HOT!

I am LOVING this series! I just wish it was a little longer as it is a pretty quick read and the Steamy scenes were a bit juicer.. but as i said I loved it.

Sam and Abbie are great!
I can't wait to read
Duchess Nicole
I loved this one! Abbie and Sam were smokin' together, and there was some deep emotional involvement with regards to both of their families. I like that Jenna didn't seem to be all "I am woman, hear me roar." It's a little more believable when blood and guts actually phase someone. Maybe it's wrong, but I like a little vulnerability in a heroine, and I love it when the hero is all about protecting her. And once again, the rest of the guys were a major part of the storyline, and in this one, you ...more
Cristina
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-suspense
Action- Packed...

I enjoyed reading this book as much as the first. If you like a little romance mixed in with a hot adventure, I recommend this book.
It was written so realistic and vivid it felt like watching a movie. I could just picture it all and see the bullets flying.
Cindy Gerard's extensive knowledge and/or research of South America, weapons and covert operations make her books rich in background and a true joy to read.
Norma
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. I got a little agitated with Abbie and her push pull with Sam. But I got that the feelings were just intense. I guess enough time wasn't spent exploring how those feelings got to be intense.

Looking forward to reading the next in this series.
Angela
Ok, I'm loving this series! I can't put these books down! My only wish is that they were longer. I feel like there is so much happening and it's such a great story that it could be a little longer... And maybe just a smidge steamier :) but over all, it's going on my favorites list!
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
Fast paced and entertaining, but I feel like Sam and Abbie never really got to know each other and then suddenly, "I love you." I just wasn't feeling it, but I am enjoying the series overall.
Tiny Shen
Jalan ceritanya bagus.. Emang romsus tipe begini jd favorit aku..
Cuman mungkin karena penerjemahnya pria, jd agak beda yaa terjemahannya 😂😂😂

MaggieReadsRom
May 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam Lang has been after a notorious arms- and drug dealer ever since he can remember. He hunted him when he was part of the Task Force and continued when he joined the Black Ops. He lives and breathes his chase of Frederick Nader until it consumes his life. Until his sister is killed in order to get him to stop his hunt. He gives up and retreats at his family's ranch to avoid more danger for his family.
Abbie Hughes lives a quiet uneventful life until her brother Cory gets mixed up with some shad
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

The hero of TAKE NO PRISONERS is a man of little words. He’s a meticulous one, Sam Lang. And while he was the polar opposite of Johnny Reed, his brother in arms, I found myself loving Sam’s responsible, take-no-shit streak. He was reliable, cunning and badass in a subtle way.

Sam Lang left BOI after his sister and her husband were killed in a car bomb incident - an incident that would not have occurred if Lang hadn’t pursued Nader and his criminal activities. His sist
Quinn
I liked this one, but it didn't really have anything to set it apart from all the other decent romantic suspense books out there in general, and from Cindy Gerard's own books in particular. There is just a sense of 'sameness' about it.

I never got a strong sense of Sam and Abbie, the leads in this one. There just wasn't enough development of their characters, and I have no doubt I'll struggle to remember much about them in next couple of days. It seems that the author was more focused on the acti
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question C 10 6 Apr 07, 2017 01:38PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 11 6 Apr 06, 2017 08:25AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 16 7 Apr 06, 2017 08:22AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question B 13 6 Apr 06, 2017 08:19AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question A 9 6 Apr 05, 2017 10:45AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 5 6 Mar 24, 2017 09:57AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 8 5 Mar 24, 2017 07:08AM
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Then You Hide (Bullet Catcher, #5)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • No Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #4)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2)
  • Deadly Promises (B.A.D. Agency, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #2.5)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall
More about Cindy Gerard...

Black Ops Inc. (8 books)
  • Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc., #1)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc., #3)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops Inc., #5)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc., #7)
  • Love Is Murder