Start by marking “Secrets of a Shoe Addict” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Secrets of a Shoe Addict

Beth Harbison

Secrets of a Shoe Addict (Shoe Addict #2)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  13,064 Ratings  ·  413 Reviews
Every woman has a secret. The question is: How far will she go to make sure it stays secret?
Abbey Walsh never wanted anyone to find out about her shady past. After all, she’s the wife of a minister now, living an exemplary life. That is, until someone shows up from her past with blackmail in mind . . .
Tiffany Vanderslice Dreyer never dreamed that she’d find herself up to h
Audio CD
Published June 10th 2008 by Macmillan Audio

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of a Shoe Addict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of a Shoe Addict

Anika
May 27, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in order to review it for Library Journal. If I hadn't had a deadline, I would have never finished it. It is a sequel and I'm just thankful I didn't have to read the first one. Fluff, sex, and more fluff. Worse, there was an attempt to be deep that fails miserably.
Christa
Aug 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I found this to be an enjoyable book. I liked it better than the previous one, Shoe Addicts Anonymous. This book featured one of the four main characters from the previous story, Sandra Vanderslice, and introduced three other lead female characters. As in the first book, all of the main characters had severe issues to face, but this book came across as a bit more light-hearted and humorous, which kept it from having the depressing feel of Shoe Addicts Anonymous.

Loreen Murphy, one of the parents
Ramona
Jun 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! Fast paced and fun! It is about a group of Moms who go to Vegas for their school's band tournament and get into financial trouble. They use some unorthadox method to earn money all the while working on their relationships with the men in their lives. I highly recommend it! :)
Jenny
Jul 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun read! It really made me want to be a sex phone operator for extra cash. Unfortunately my husband put the kabosh on that :)
Tiffany
After devouring Beth Harbison's first novel, Shoe Addicts Anonymous, I was excited to find Secrets of a Shoe Addict at the bookstore and quickly purchased it. This novel is good; but it's definitely not as good a read as the initial Shoe Addict book.

Secrets starts off with three PTA friends and their children on a trip to Vegas. Loreen is separated from her husband and lonely, until a handsome stranger notices her at a hotel bar. Abbey, the preacher's wife, runs into an old acquaintance that bel
Renee
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I read Harbison's prior Shoe Addict book back in 2008 and enjoyed it. I hadn't seen anything from her since then, until noticing that a friend on Goodreads tagged Harbison's newest novel as "to-read." When I went on my library's website to request it I learned that Harbison had been quite busy between 2008 and now. I decided to start with this book since I'd read its predecessor.

I was rather confused when I started reading because none of the characters were the same as in Shoe Addicts Anonymous
Eliabeth Hawthorne
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughed? Check.

Cried? Check.

When you find yourself sitting in a parked car, unable to leave because the CD isn't at a stopping point, you know it's a 5 star read. Secrets of a Shoe Addict was one of the funniest books I've ever read, but as I'm sure you figured out from the summary, it is not a book for all audiences.

The characters were real. They were human, complete with flaws and insecurities and their stories were hilarious. One of the characters went on a series of bad dates that rivaled my
Laurie Armstrong
Jun 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chiclit, comedy
Jen Tucker
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friend Erin told me that I had to pick up a book that she could not stop laughing about, and referred to as “true chick lit.” When I read the first sentence of this novel, I was hooked. How could I not be? “Loreen Murpy hadn’t meant to hire a male prostitute in Las Vegas.” I answered that sentence aloud with my own retort of, “NO! She did NOT!!” I even covered my mouth as I laughed, knowing this was going to be the start of something great! Beth Harbison’s Secrets of a Shoe Addict reeled me i ...more
Maggie61
Just finished this "sequel" to Shoe addicts anonymous that I read so long ago I didn't even remember much of it. Anyhow, it didn't matter as this book can stand on its own.
I love Beth Harrison's books. They are totally enjoyable, little bit of fluff but not too much with plenty of laugh out loud moments especially the blind date with Sandra and the puppet. It's the story of three women who get financially in trouble from a Las Vegas school trip and need money really fast. The sister of one has
Cecily
May 03, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick, somewhat entertaining read, but I wouldn't recommend it because of explicit and quite crude language. I saw this on the "recent release" table at the library, read the blurb, and thought it'd be a good read--probably having to something to do with shoes, which I happen to love. I should have just stopped reading 1/3 way through when the ladies start working as phone sex operators. The story line wasn't worth having to read through the explicit/crass material. I was hoping for m ...more
Marissa
It was a good story about women overcoming some obstacles. However, if anyone else is interested in reading this, I should warn you that it was more graphic than the first one. Overall, not my favorite and not as much talk about shoes as in the last one.
Sonia
Jul 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The author does a great job building characters and story line, but I just didn't like the graphic descriptions of their jobs. However, I laughed so hard during the date with the ventriloquist and I'm always a sucker for a happy ending.
Dana
Aug 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. When ever I picked up the book I didn't want to put it down. It is a quick read and you can really dive into the characters and understand how they are feeling.
Chicken Lit'er
Jul 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit readers interested in friendships, relationships and family.
Shelves: chick-lit
At first I thought this book would be about the shoe club from Harbison's previous book, "Shoe Addicts Anonymous", yet the plot thickened with additional characters and page-turning twists that held my interest until the final page. A sheer delight!
Mary
Jun 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a fun read. Even more funny because I've been joking with friends lately about becoming a phone sex operator to supplement my income (or lack of) from getting no money from Len! Good book, definitely recommend it!
Leslie
Aug 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute enough. Light, simple, fun. A little dirty at times, as they take jobs as phone sex operators (as told on the inside jacket - not a spoiler, don't worry!). But cute enough
Cyndi
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a kinda cute book. Character development went well.
Heather
Jul 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous! I literally just finished this book and loved it. I think it was even better than the first, with great characters and a great story line! Definitely a summer must!
Erin Carr
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Hilarious chick lit at its best!
Kyanna Joseph
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This book was hilarious and everything that I needed in my life. Not usually my type of book but I am just in love with Beth Harbison these days. I want to read her whole shelf right now!
Cheryl  Bennett
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is hilarious. A fun read.
Paula Storm
This had nothing to do with the original shoe addicts book other than 1 continuing character. And these girls don't even talk about shoes!!!
Moop
Ok book about a group of woman that went to Los Vegas and lost, spent way too much money and came back home and started a phone sex business to earn back all the money they lost.
Nicole
Easy going and funny storyline.
MariaAert
At first I was disappointed to read that one of the women is related to someone from the first book but it was worked into the story quite well and made sense. Enjoyed this book also. Easy read and light reading.
Sherri Hunter
Though technically a sequel, this story introduces us to three friends who each get into financial trouble while in Vegas. To resolve their financial crises, they become phone sex operators. I thought the book was enjoyable and contained many laugh out loud moments.
AJ
Jul 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me 5 freaking months to finish this book. I'm telling you, when school starts, I teach and then, I spend TOO MUCH time in front of the computer. I just don't take time to read. This is my 2010 resolution - take more time to read. So, in August, I started reading Secrets of a Shoe Addict by Beth Harbison.
Here's a resume of this book:

It's about four women brought together by—in this case—not shoes but debt. During a fateful trip to Las Vegas as chaperones of a school band trip, Loreen Mur
Marie Carlino
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this book I was disappointed to find that it wasn't a direct sequel to Shoe Addicts Anonymous. I really enjoyed the first book, especially the characters. After a couple of chapters I forgot all about this as I got to learn more about the new characters. They are just as loveable as the ones in Shoe Addicts Anonymous. It left me a little confused about why this book was tied to the first one. I suspect it is because the this novel is only the second one written by the author and s ...more
Jan 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to rate this book a 10 because I couldn't put it down and it was the first book in ages that really made me laugh out loud several times!

Harbison's Secrets of a Shoe Addict is a spin-off from the Shoe Addicts Anonymous, still featuring Sandra, the sex-phone operator. This particular novel starts off in Las Vegas with a new cast including Sandra's sister Tiffany, where each of the women get themselves into financial trouble. So unfolds the plot, in which Sandra recruits all the women to bec
  • The Penny Pinchers Club
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • The Importance of Being Married (Jessica Wild, #1)
  • The Smart One and the Pretty One
  • The Pre-Nup
  • The Bachelorette Party
  • Good Luck
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • The Finishing Touches
  • Misery Loves Cabernet (Charlize Edwards, #2)
  • The Solomon Sisters Wise Up (Red Dress Ink)
  • Wolves in Chic Clothing
  • The Second Assistant: A Tale from the Bottom of the Hollywood Ladder
  • Dear Neighbor, Drop Dead
  • Goodbye, Jimmy Choo
  • Holly's Inbox (Holly's Inbox #1)
Beth Harbison grew up in Potomac, Maryland, in the shadow of Washington, D.C. Apart from the occasional irritation at being held up in traffic by a presidential motorcade, she has remained fairly uninvolved in the politics that define her home town. Her latest novel, ONE LESS PROBLEM WITHOUT YOU, comes out July 26, 2016.

More about Beth Harbison...

Shoe Addict (3 books)
  • Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Shoe Addict, #1)
  • A Shoe Addict's Christmas