Start by marking “Cookie Craft Christmas: Dozens of Decorating Ideas for a Sweet Holiday” as Want to Read:
Cookie Craft Christmas: Dozens of Decorating Ideas for a Sweet Holiday

Cookie Craft Christmas: Dozens of Decorating Ideas for a Sweet Holiday

Take your holiday cookie decorating to impressive new heights! Valerie Peterson and Janice Fryer will have you sprinkling powdered snowflakes onto cheery snowmen and adding a sugary glimmer to multicolored strands of licorice lights. With more than 60 fabulous designs for Christmas cookies, plus festive delights for New Year’s and Hanukkah, Cookie Craft Christmas gives you ...more
Published October 7th 2009 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cookie Craft Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cookie Craft Christmas

Denise Spicer
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little book with lots of gorgeous, colorful photos and the recipes and direction to make these treats. The book does not, however, appear to be for beginners but rather for serious decorators. No Index and the Table of Contents only lists chapters not recipes.
False
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food-drink
I checked this book out prior to the Christmas season and did nothing with it. There are too many special items required to take on the simple task of cooking baking and decorating: cookie slats, pastry bags, decorating tips, paintbrushes, squeeze bottles, sanding sugars in varied colors, dragees in varied sizes and colors....and that's not ALL of it. You also need to produce a cookie that is perfect in shape and coloring, and then work with some adeptness at icing the final product. Way beyond ...more
Carissa
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I should have paid more attention to the title: Decorating Ideas.

You're basically given gingerbread or sugar cookies in different cut outs and how to decorate them. They are beautifully decorated. There's even a little "Easy" sticker on the easier ideas. If you're trying to decorate sugar cookies like a pro- it's worth checking out. For me, the recipes were subpar and I had no desire to do that much work for a cookie that'll last a couple of minutes.
Janastasia Whydra
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook, holiday
Valerie Peterson's and Janice Fryer's Cookie Craft Christmas: Dozens of Decorating Ideas for a Sweet Holiday has a few simple recipes and decorating tips, but gives lots of ideas for Holiday's, Christmas's, and New Year's cookie designs. You might want to read Cookie Craft first, but it is not necessary because a lot of the recipes and decorating tips are repeated. As a regular cookbook, I would say "this was ok," but since it's specialty is Christmas, I "liked it."
Just - The romance reader
I didn't get this book from the library in time to actually try out any of the cookies for Christmas but the recipes look good and the cookies are pretty cute. It's definitely good eye candy for bakers and cookie lovers.
Alice Taylor Gripkey
Christmas cookie decorating

Informative cookbook on Christmas cookie decorating offering clear instructions for perfect results while allowing personal creative touches. Provided comprehensive resource list for needed supplies to gain perfect results.
Elizabeth
Nov 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Creative designs, pleasing layout -- nice incorporation of various cookie mediums, including food-coloring makers for handwriting techniques.
Mckinley
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A few rolled cookie recipes, really about the decorating. Great ideas; fairly basic. Not so fancy so many can do at home.
Zoe
Nov 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking-food
Inspirational, if not for the faint of cookie decorating heart.
Karyn
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someday when sugar and food dye are found harmless (a girl can wish, huh?), I'm going to make fancy cookies all day long. :-)
Wendy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Amazing cookies- probably more time & effort than I'm willing to put into an edible item, but so fun to look at!
Lake Huron Lady
Dec 17, 2017
Gaye
Aug 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm a writer and a fan of smart writing, clever plot twists and all things procedural — preferably with a bite of humor. Currently finishing my own first novel (which involves several intertwining mysteries and at least two dead bodies), I'm a member of both the Jane Austen Society of America and the Mystery Writers of America.

My TV writing and screenwriting has been honored by the WGAE Made in NY