Start by marking “Madeline: After the Fall of Usher” as Want to Read:
Madeline: After the Fall of Usher

Madeline: After the Fall of Usher

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Madeline: After the Fall of Usher is Marie Kiraly's brilliant fictional journey through the most infamous house in literature. Years after writing The Fall of the House of Usher, Edgar Allan Poe meets the granddaughter of the real Madeline Usher -- and uncovers a secret as twisted as the cursed House itself.
Published December 1st 1996 by Berkley (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Madeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madeline

Jamie Stanley
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok, so I am still currently reading this book.....but I LOVE IT SO FAR!!!
First of all, one thing that you should know about me, is that I am a HUGE Edgar A. Poe fan. My students would tell you that I am obsessed with him. So, naturally I like to read anything associated with him. My review is obviously going to be biased :)
My favorite story that Poe has written happens to be The Fall of the House of Usher. For those of you who do not know the story....Madeline and Roderick Usher are the last of
Breanne Katherine
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
This continuation of Edgar Allen Poe's 'Fall of the House of Usher' was surprisingly well written. I wasn't sure what to expect, expecially considering the fact that Mr. Poe has so brillianty penned the original novel, and thus - has set the bar rather high.

It was disturbingly incestual throughout some portions, yet only because a deeply powerful and magical force was at play (as in the original story) - yet this spin delves more-so into actual (possible) history, and even includes Mr. Poe hims
Steph (loves water)
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
This is pretty twisted, like Poe, and a must read for E.A. Poe fans!
Frank
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was great - moody, gothic, and insightful. One of the main characters was Poe, himself, and the novel provided a lot of insights into Poe’s tragic life. The atmosphere of the book invoked Poe’s tales – I need to reread “The Fall of the House of Usher” which this book expands upon. When I first started reading the book, it was a little hard to get into but as it continues, you are really drawn into the strange story of the Ushers and their extended family. The Celtic aspects o ...more
Marcia
Feb 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ever wonder what happened to Madeline Usher? This tale by Kiraly weaves the life of Edgar Allan Poe into the life of his characters from The Fall of the House of Usher.
Cindy
Mar 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Wow - quite a disturbing/disturbed book! (Not that that was a surprise.) Quite a story and quite some characters, but "heroine" rather too inconstant to appeal.
Boyd
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, if you admire Poe and liked "The Fall of the House of Usher"; you should find this an interesting read.
Jenna Mia
Carla
Jul 09, 2011
Angie Cann
Oct 21, 2016
An alias for the author Elaine Bergstrom.
More about Marie Kiraly...