Start by marking “Believe in Yourself” as Want to Read:
Believe in Yourself

Believe in Yourself

Dr Joseph Murphy was the author of The Power of your Subconscious Mind. In Believe in Yourself Dr. Murphy shows you how the power of believing in yourself will help you achieve your dreams. He illustrates his points with wonderful stories about how inventors, writers, artists, and entrepreneurs have used this power to reach the highest of heights. By the end of the book yo ...more
Published May 2nd 2009 by Wilder Publications (first published November 30th 1954)

Start your review of Believe in Yourself
Lakpa Tashi Bhutia
Apr 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, foreign
This book is so thin. I have completed this book in one day. I didn't liked the book. The only positive I could take from this is, now I have one day read book in my shelve.

Author tried to poured so many thing with minimum and complicated words. Even after reading 10-20 pages I hadn't any idea whats going.

Though I have liked his other books some what more, I would not recommend this book to anyone.
Ayodele
everything he writes is perfect
♥ Ibrahim ♥
Joseph in the Bible means disciplined or controlled imagination and we are to be like Joseph in being able to dream. We should clothe our ideas and make them concrete. While the world says "It is impossible; it can't be done" the man of faith, the man with imagination says, "It is done". Through the imagination we penetrate the depth of reality. We want something? We have to picture it in our minds, the giant buildings, offices, factories, stores, etc. knowing how the subconscious mind works. W ...more
Karl
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps best known for his outstanding book, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, Joseph Murphy was also the author of more than 30 books, including this small one, Believe in Yourself.

It’s been awhile since I read, The Power of your Subconscious Mind, so I can’t say that I remember it all that well; however, from what I recall, the message in the two books is very complimentary: you are what you think and if you truly wish to be successful you need to use the conscious mind to program the subc
Ashraf Bashir
Jan 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-improvement
The whole book is one statement: "Imagine good things, and they will happen to you"! ... No more ! Just shit, should never be read!
Manish Manu
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's just like "Power of Your Subconscious Mind" but in compressed form.
Muthu Anand
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-own, 2019
Imagination - Sustained Imagination - Success
Komal Preet
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book on self help. Easy to read, grasp and relate.
Siva Prasad. H
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Believe in yourself by Dr. Joseph Murphy is one of the best self help books I've ever read. And he has become one of my favourite Authors/Teachers of all time. I've understood that most of the time in my life is wasted by thinking negative, speaking negative about someone or something. And I can feel the Alchemy in me. And I'll definitely give an obeisance to him. Truly excited, and I've completed reading this book in one day. He is teaching/explaining us that how good or positive thoughts plays ...more
Akshay Parakkote
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WE Believe in everything and everybody else and also depend only on those believes in case of a dilemma but from this book i was able to understand more than your belief in any religion or anyone in this universe you gotta believe in yourself because self belief is vital in case of living meaningfully and also help you a lot in attainment of success in both career and relationships.
I was the one who blamed god for the bad things happening to me but Dr. joseph murphy made it clear that god and
Nilesh Karkhanis
Must read book, if you have dream that you want to become reality. We can achieve enormous things just because of faith. Dr. Joseph Murphy has illustrated various simple techniques that we can implement in our daily routine which will impact our subconscious mind and will result to achieve our dreams.
Tracy
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Joseph Murphy has become one of my all-time favorite authors/teachers. My life has transformed in new ways by absorbing his teachings through his writings/books. His writing is easy to understand and provides practical guidance on how to apply the principles/suggestions he recommends in order to live a more full, fun, peaceful and healthy existence as a human being. Phenomenal.
Karen
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this book. I think it's very useful. It helps you to achieve strength and happiness. It has helped me.
Ruhhi Ralhan
One time reading is good. Gives you new thoughts to think and try. Nice to read it at the right time.
Todd
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Still water that runs deep.
Noah Johnson Raj K
This Book 'BELIEVE IN YOURSELF' was written by the famous Irish author Dr. Joseph Murphy, writer of the Best seller - The power of your subconscious mind. In this book, the author in the beginning might seem vague and wandering around with his connotations and anecdotes here and there, but the author deliberately by repeating the same fact from different angles indirectly reinforces the major crux of his preaching or say teaching - Power within oneself and the art of positive thinking who master ...more
Jim Brown
I rated this book with 3 stars primarily because it is not quite what I thought it was when I purchased it. The book is okay. It is about your imagination and how to use it to your advantage. The book is quite a bit more on religion than I thought it was going to be; not that religion is a bad thing, just not what I expected. It is a short read so it would be difficult to suggest that it is NOT worth reading because it is worth reading; just be prepared for how it has been written integrating a ...more
Maggie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s not just positive thinking...

Trust and believe and feel good doing whatever your heart desires. We are connected to The Divine (Source, God, Universe) and we’re created to rule and reign. The problem is that we focus on the things we don’t like/want while hoping and “believing” for the things we want. Our thoughts and feelings have to line up. This is what God responds to: Unwavering faith mixed with positive feelings and straight-up focus and actions on our desires. Learn this and gain every
Simer Wadhwa
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book really made me think that how powerful our thoughts are and we can attain anything in our life by discipline imagination and being positive in life some of the positive lines from the book are:
YOU WERE BORN TO WIN, TO CONQUER INDEED, TO OVERCOME
ALL I EVER DO IS ADD. I NEVER SUBTRACT..........
Saravanan
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this is the pamphlet version the book: “The power of your subconscious mind”, the author has a little bit of stories embedded in it but mostly revolves just around the core ideas, hence the readers who do not expect metaphors or stories for the said context would really admire the writings in it as it is a very quick read.
Also, got to read the story of the author at the end of it.
Ashwin
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another gem of a book by Dr. Murphy. Excellent.

Another great book by Dr. Murphy. Believe in yourself. Yes you have to believe in yourself by giving positive affirmations and it becomes subjective reality. Great book. Worth a read!!!
Neetu Rana
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Precious

Everything written here is so precious and a great big thought transformation that all of us need. Reiterating the need to be aware of that which we think because what we think is what we become. Thank you Dr. Murphy for your beautiful gift.
Joanna
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me, Dr. Murphy is my go to teacher who helps me understand about the sub-conscious and conscious mind, which as he consistently states in his work - the 2 most important tools within to change and master one's life of well being and abundance all areas life.
May Liang
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating book

It was written in such manner that even English is not my first language, it brought joy and tears to my eyes. Thank you Dr. Joseph Murphy for your contribution to us today.
Praneeth
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This Book is so helpful...
It says about the conscious and subconscious mind..
You have to imagine what you want..
Subconscious turns into conscious..
Our thoughts has "Power"
So,imagine positively one day you'll Get imagination into reality..
Beverly Raymond
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating!

I love the message given in this. I have read many books about the power of the mind and found this to be one of the best! It is an easy read and easy to understand his message.
Arshdéèp Sïngh
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book !!!!!
Divided into three chapters (+ about his life) , book tells about the imagination and its power.
This was my first book the the author i loved the way of presentation and way he kept you connected.
Anita Rani
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would say, " Don't judge a book by its cover and size". The book has so much to offer. Purely motivational and acted like a guiding light. After the read, felt so good and rejuvenated with renewed energy within. Loved it.
Kevin W. Carr Carr
Good read

Excellent narration. Deep discussion with a truly inspired meaning. Dr. Murphy makes the thought of success and the actuality of success attainable. His knowledge of ancient religion and inclusion with Christianity ensures everyone may achieve the same results.
Upen
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very average book, talks about just imagining what u want and the universe will give it to you. Its about using ur 8magination to change ur life and thoughts which i get but i also believe need to put in the work.

Very short book. Half a day u can finish it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Be What You Wish
  • Attitude is Everything change your attitude change your life!
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude... and You Change Your Life!
  • THINK STRAIGHT: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
  • Who Will Cry When You Die? Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
  • Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Massive Life Success: Live a Stress-Free Life and Achieve Your Goals by Dealing with Anxiety, Stress and Fear
  • Life's Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
  • You Can Win: A Step by Step Tool for Top Achievers
  • The Art of Dealing with People
  • Word Power Made Easy
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • The Strangest Secret
  • The Science of Being Great: The Practical Guide to a Life of Power
(Arabic: جوزيف ميرفي)
Joseph Murphy was a Divine Science minister and author.

Murphy was born in Ireland, the son of a private boy's school headmaster and raised a Roman Catholic. He studied for the priesthood and joined the Jesuits. In his twenties, an experience with healing prayer led him to leave the Jesuits and move to the United States, where he became a pharmacist in New York (having
“If you imagine, for example, that another person is mean, dishonest, and jealous, notice the emotion you evoke within yourself. Now reverse the situation. Begin to imagine the same person as honest, sincere, loving, and kind; notice the reaction it calls forth in you. Are you not, therefore, master of your attitudes?” 7 likes
“Whatever you give attention to will grow, magnify, and multiply in your experience.” 6 likes