Start by marking “Lawman” as Want to Read:
Lawman

Lawman (Long, Tall Texans #31)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  3,162 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
When San Antonio FBI agent Garon Grier buys a ranch in Jacobsville, Texas, the strong, silent loner is hoping to mend some broken family fences. He is not looking for love when he finds an unexpected, unwanted attraction to the girl next door, a shy, lovely woman who believes some secrets are best kept hidden. But the truth will prove just as dangerous when Garon tackles t ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 20th 2007 by Tantor Media (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Lawman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lawman

Chantal ❤️
This book does not even deserve to be a DP book! It was gross and it was vile! I can't even review all the horrible things that happen to the heroine and all the crap the hero does to the heroine. Oh and the far far fetch plot and characterizations. Wow learning to speak a foreign language in two second flat and many other silly things. I will not go back here. It was not worth my time. How could this book be so bad? I wanted it to be awesome! Just so disappointing.
Julz
Christel
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diana-palmer
This one is about Cash's brother Garon. Garon is an FBI agent and is working on a possible serial-killer case invovling little girls. Grace is the town sweetheart but she is holding a secret that other people in the town of Jacobsville knows about but are unwilling to talk about. This is oneof the better books of Diana Palmer's little town of Jacobsville.
KatieV
2.5 stars and I'm not rounding up on principle. The extra 1/2 star was for the heroine who I did like and who really told the H what a POS he was. Unfortunately she did forgive him, but this is a "romance".

This is no more than I deserve. I was given some recs for some older Diana Palmer books that I may enjoy. I wanted to give her another try since she's so popular, often with friends I tend to agree with and I'd only read 2 books by her in the past, one of which I saw potential in. Unfortunatel
Celly
Jul 13, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-romance
I can't believe this book was even printed, let alone that I actually bought it and MADE myself finish it! I even spent some time online searching for some sign that this was written in the 80's and was just reprinted with some gratuitous mention of e-mail and cell phones. The banter was straight out of some cheesy b-movie. That's not the worst of it...

Garon had NO redeeming qualities whatsoever. He thinks she's an unattractive, frumpy spinster even after getting to know her. Despite his better
Jenny
A sweet marriage of convenience story with a lovely ending. Hero was alpha male, deliciously over the top dominating, aggressive, and protective of his unwanted wife. He was bitter and cruel but this is exactly what I expect from a DP hero. At least he had his reasons. He lost his first wife and child so tragically I could forgive him for being so damn brooding.

Grace was a true survivor. Emotional and sexual abuse is disgusting and heartbreaking. She grew up with her mean grandmother. No one ca
Jacqueline
I was trying a few of this author's books because so many people seem to like her. After 3 books I've decided I don't. The hero is an idiot and a nasty one at that in this book. The heroine is a wimp. That seems to be par for the course with Palmer. I can stand a wimpy heroine better than a hero who is verbally cruel to the heroine. In addition he thinks she is stalking him whenever he sees her in a town of 2000. That's a pretty small town and you're bound to run into people at social events and ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexismroark
This little book packed quite the emotional punch...a little too much at times for me. There was violence against children and that always gets to me.

The romance part was your typical DP, however, with the obligatory virginal heroine, lonely/still mourning or hurting over his ex hero, and Jacobsville's finest. Gotta luv it!!

The part you don't end up lovin': how absolutely STUPID these supposed FBI agents are!! You gotta read the book to understand, but I just can't see how any crimes get solved
Cheesecake
Garon and Grace. Thank goodness I got this from the library for free. What an excruciatingly angsty read with not nearly enough grovelling at the end! I try to find those few Diana Palmer books where the hero is redeemable by the end and imho, this wasn't one of them. Poor Grace. She just has the worst luck!
Grace had a very sad scary childhood and the people of the small town she lives in may not know all about it, but what they do know makes them very protective of her. They also keep her secre
Susan
Nov 18, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-read-again
♥ℳelody
DNF @ 20%

I stopped at the words fanny pack. I just can't. I decided to give Palmer another try with Lawless and this one. This author has a serious MAJOR fixation for unfeeling, selfish, belligerent, misogynistic, sexist, dickwad heroes who have the emotional depth of a stick. No dimension, no growth and absolutely ZERO self-awareness which is a deal breaker for me. It's almost offensive how she writes these guys--no actually it IS offensive. Am I supposed to be swooning? And having a victimized
Emily
FBI Agent Garon Grier is married to his work and has no plans to change that, when he helps his neighbor Grace Carver he is intrigued by the woman who has obviously had a very hard life but brings a ray of sunshine in everything she does, and doesn't have any qualms about putting him in his place.

When Garon is asked to help with a possible child serial killer investigation, Garon is shocked when he finds out one of the victims maybe closer to home than he expected.

Heart wrenching story, I crie
Amanda Sheila
Okay, this one's about Cash Grier's youger brother.

Garon is bitter about love. He used to loved, hard, and the woman he loved died by cancer. He just can bear another pain like that. Then he met Grace, young girl with blond hair and shy demeanor. He didn't knew that Grace's suffered by awful past. Real awful.

So far, I like this one. Garon's quite nice. Even though he's arrogant as ass, but I always love when Miss Palmer pull the punches where he regret everything he did to Grace. Akk! :)))

Not
Bwmurf
Just no never again!
Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva
This "hero" was the biggest jackass I've ever had the misfortune to read about. I've read books before (mostly older ones from the 80's and 90's lol) where the male lead is cold, distant, cruel-whatever. This idiot htakes the cake. He has absolutely NO redeeming qualities so even by the end, I was left wishing she had picked the OTHER guy who had, evidently, loved her forever. Normally, authors at least give the losers an epiphany moment early enough to make you root for them before the final wr ...more
Ashley♥Alexis
Jane
DNF at 67%
**May contain rants and spoilers**

I went in without reading any reviews, wanting to really enjoy this book without others opinions influencing me.
I loved the mystery and suspense side of this book. It was really promising. It was like watching a Criminal Minds episode.
And for the first 50% I actually saw potential in the characters and their relationship development. Though Grace set off some TSTL warning bells from the beginning.
Then the hero turns into a complete a**. And goes so
Deedee
Diana Palmer, smh, Diana Palmer, why do you do this to me? Allow me to fall in love with jerky,damaged, and amazing souls.

This story was a mixture of sweet and kindheartedness with douchy and jackassness but it just worked somehow. The strength of the heroine mixed with the gruffness of the hero.

Okay the story: Garon Grier is San Antonio FBI agent, who has move into ranch in Jacobville, Texas to mend fences with his older brother. When he meets local girl Grace Carver, who at 25 has been dealt
~Megan~
Terrible audiobook...I had to stop it and read it instead! Typical Diana Palmer, the Queen of Miscommunication and Hatefulness, but there's something comforting in that. You always know what you'll get with her. I wanted to smack Garon several times, but he came right in the end. He was a little different than other Palmer heroes...he wasn't really an old-fashioned kind of guy. Some of the plot was ridiculous, and their banter was odd most of the time. Palmer always manages to make them sound li ...more
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah... I love Garon and Grace. Garon wasn''t as bad as some of the men Diana write had written about. I wanted to cry when Grier (one of the most despicable hero's Diana has written) found out about Grace's past. And when she had the baby. I wanted to just say to Garon -- it's gonna be okay! This book was great.
Hannah M.
I did it, I read another Diana Palmer. See, when I saw this book for a dollar I figured why not try it out. The little blurb seemed interesting enough and since the male lead happens to be the brother of Cash, from Palmer’s Renegade whom I liked very much, I figured I might as well give it a go.

Garon Grier, FBI agent and new ranch owner, and Grace Carver, small town girl, meet under unfortunate circumstances. Grace’s grandmother needs to be admitted to the hospital and so Garon helps her out whe
Lynn Wilkerson
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Hard to put down!

The story is brilliant. It truly pulls you in and stirs you up! Garon is so horrible at first you want to strangle him, which makes the ending all the more sweet. Very satisfying read.
Rhonda Soukup
This book was way better than the other Diana Palmer book I read. It is a story about a detective who buys a ranch in Texas and then falls for his ultra shy next-door neighbor. Somehow the love interest is a link to the serial murderer he is hunting down and the mystery unfolds.
Mia
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin, romance
Buku ke-3 diana palmer yg saya baca.karakter tokohnya masih sama seperti buku sebelumnya,lelaki idaman para wanita yg memiliki masa lalu kelam sehingga takut utk berkomitmen,sementara tokoh wanitanya juga memiliki masa lalu yg tragis.
Buku ini menceritakan garon grier,adik dari cash grier dlm buku renegade.
Garon agen fbi yg takut untuk menjalin hubungan serius dgn wanita,sedang menyelidiki kasus pembunuhan berantai yg korbannya adalah anak2.
Grace,wanita pemalu,baik hati dan disukai semua orang mu
shms
This had it all going on, pretty much every hardship you can think of was thrown at the h. Ok, thats a bit of an exaggeration but it seemed like it. The suspense element was a big fail, utterly boring. The 2* rating was for the romance and that largely for the angst that went with the cruelty but alas we were deprived of any kind of a grovel. The H, well...words fail me. what a complete douche.
Tamarin
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Garon Grier and Grace Carver CONTAINS SPOILERS

If I start thinking too much about the story lines of most romance novels I can end up picking holes in them left right and centre. I generally don't as I enjoy the escapism and I'm happy to suspend belief and go with outlandish plot devices if it gets the hero and heroine together and I can thrill in the emotional ride with them.

In this story FBI agent Garon Grier moves into the neighboring property to Grace Carver. Again she is one of DP's "plain"
Ren
Pertamanya mau kasih 4 bintang, abis baca kisah kakaknya si Kucing Garong, eh Garon, akhirnya kasih 3 bintang aja, cos Renegade masih lebih bagus daripada Lawman ini :))

Menceritakan tentang Garon Grier, adik dari Cash Grier, kepala polisi Jacobsville (yang muncul di Lawless dan tokoh utama Renegade). Garon adalah agen FBI sekaligus peternak sapi di Jacobsville. Dia sedang menyelidiki kasus tentang pemerkosaan dan pembunuhan berantai, disamping harus mengurus peternakannya juga.
Suatu saat tetangg
Vina Raintree
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-again, adult
dari sejak aku mengenal novel romance, diana palmer itu sudah menjadi salah satu penulis favoritku. suka sekali dengan Jacobsville series nya, ;0

law man menceritakan tentang Garon Grier, agen FBI, garon ini adiknya Cash Grier yang udh jadi kepala polisi dan punya istri Tippy. sekarang giliran Garon...

Grace Carver ni luguu dan poloss banget. sifatnya nrimo dan selalu punya jatah sayang ke semua orang. termasuk ke neneknya yang selalu nyalahin grace. pertemuan pertaman sama garon, pas itu grace n
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
May have slight spoilers.

In author Diana Palmer’s novel Lawman we meet FBI agent Garon Grier who has just bought a ranch and moved to Jacobsville, Texas from San Antonio.

He is hoping to get more in touch with his brother whom he has not seen a lot of—Cash Grier—what he was not looking for is his new found attraction to his next-door-neighbor. A 25 year old, shy but lovely woman who has a nightmare of a past, Grace Carver lives with her grandma a cruel woman but the only family she has beside a
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • Butterfly
  • Blue Skies (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #4)
  • A Stranger's Game (Bitter Creek, #7)
  • Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2)
  • Getting Lucky (Lucky, #3)
  • Branded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #1)
  • The Midwife
  • Part-Time Wife (Hometown Heartbreakers, #4)
  • The Tycoon's Mistress
  • Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides, #2)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • The Only Woman to Defy Him (Alpha Heroes Meet Their Match #1)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, Tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)