Start by marking “Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings” as Want to Read:
Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

Is there a way to always have a fat bank account, or a better job, or a delightfully smooth relationship, or a better body? And if so, is it really possible to realize these dreams now, rather than at some unknown future time?Lynn Grabhorn answers these questions with a resounding "Yes!" In Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting, she says that what actually molds every moment of ...more
Published March 20th 2009 by Hampton Roads Publishing (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting, please sign up.
Aditi Godbole If you believe in law of attraction and positive thinking but just doesn't seem to work then this is the book for you! I found it very helpful

Start your review of Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
You get what you want out of life, exactly what you want. Why aren't you rich and famous with that special someone hanging on your every word? The answer is so simple that it's maddening. Thought manifests form. In other words, whatever you think about that's what you create in your life.

There's good news and bad news to this life changing discovery. First the bad news. Most of us spend the majority of our day drawing to us exactly what we don't want. I hope that my boss doesn't call me on gett
Hmza ahmd
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing

This was the topic of an excellent book I read recently: "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn. With a practical and easy-to-read (not to mention downright humorous) style, Ms. Grabhorn provides a simple process for "flowing energy" in the right direction.

In fact, the book actually got my emotions flowing even as I was reading it! I found myself laughing out loud and having little "aha!" moments every few pages. Even knowing as much as I like to think I know about the Law of Attrac
Shasha
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book because I got it from the library. I read a story to my husband about a tiny baseball player (spoilers) that Lynn writes about, then I didn't have time to finish it. I wanted my husband to get on board with me because I could already tell that this wasn't like any other self-help book out there within the first chapter!
My husband didn't seem too interested... A little while later (and I'm not sure how long, or who he listened to- cuz it wasn't me!), we were sitting in
Mariam
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
I do believe that when you think positively, you generate good energy that allow you to attract and find practical ways to get the good things in life but to say that I can “feel” my way to health, wealth and happiness is just crap! In real life, bad things happen to good positive people and good things also happen to mean, negative jerks! This book didn’t add anything new, it was very repetitive, boring and unrealistic. What a waste of my money!
Jess castellanos lobaton
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book.
Unbelievable for many i bet.
This is one of my favourite genres, you feel a completely different person AFTER reading a book. I love the sensation of inner progress. I love the feeling of closing the book for the very last time and actually see that NOW you see LIFE in a VERY different way. THIS BOOK TAKES YOU THERE.
I so loved it, i wont give it away because I'm sure I'll need read it again in no too long but I'm gonna buy a couple more copies for a few someone's I have in mi
Melodie Williams
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this self help book to anyone and everyone! My father taught me this principle when I was a child and, when I've been awake enough to remembered its truth, I've use it. If we could only remember all the time that it is God's will for us to be happy. Thanks Lynn Grabhorn and thanks Dad.
ASB
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Don't let the goofy title put you off. This book about the now infamous Law of Attraction is well worth reading. Grabhorn (gotta love that last name!) explains it all in down to earth language with irreverant humor and personal stories we can all relate to. Love it!
Bea Elwood
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I did read every word. I have found that emotionally I feel better when I use some of the techniques described by the Law of Attraction but this book takes it so far as to blame rape victims for having negative energy that attracts said rape into their lives and I can't stand that. There were techniques that are helpful for when you get caught up in all the negative don't have's or beat yourself up for mistakes but I wouldn't bother reading this book as the writing is repetitive and down right o ...more
Angel
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Talyah
I've read this book on and off for awhile, picking it up when I needed a little positivity in my life. I was all for this book until I got about 3/4 through and it started getting a little shaky. From there it just got worse.

For instance:
"It's not the tainted smoke from the cigarettes that kills you; it's the disallowance of Life through the Life line. It's not the heart attack that kills you; it's the disallowance of Life that caused the attack in the first place . Let that Life force pour stea
Baron Bedesky
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Sigh... the premise of the book is fine. I was buying into it because I agree with Grabhorn's philosophy in general. Once I finished the book, I discovered she had passed away several years ago. An Internet search divulged few details, but it seems the author either died of cancer, or perhaps even by her own hand because she was terminally ill. My heart goes out to this poor woman and her family, but these circumstances seem to undermine her central message. I can't help but feel the credibility ...more
Lisa Ryan
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books and one that I have given to numerous friends over the years. Lynn Grabhorn writes as if you are a friend and this is a conversation. I like the way she encourages the reader to go deep and feeeel the emotions of what they want to attract into their lives. I've read it several times.

It is in the recommended reading section of my book, The Upside of Down Times: Discovering the Power of Gratitude which can be found here: http://amzn.to/NjNs06
Yasmine
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly excellent! I encourage you open minded readers to really challenge yourselves with this great read. It will definitely change your mind set on the everyday life around you, though only if you choose to. ;) I think you would really enjoy this book, it really put me on edge and made me think about the world around me with a fresh, new, crisp perspective. I know I let it change my me indeed. So don't be afraid, and try to think differently for once about your life and the great, ...more
Melanie Lofstedt
Sep 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
This book really did change my life. It makes you look at things differently and you can see how it can change your life for the better. It's not as easy as it sounds to follow all the ideas listed, but gives me something to aim for. Some minor things bothered me about the book, but overall fantastic. I plan on reading it again and taking notes this time!
Camille Booth
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
When I read The Secret, I found the concept of positive energy drawing other positive energy (and vice versa) compelling. However, it all seemed to simplistic...this book, expands on that idea and also includes ways to change from a negative "vibration" to a positive. In all, I think that is the most powerful element of this book...real techniques to enact that change.
Kjiminy Willie
Dec 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. It makes me happy just looking at it, so I always keep it close by. If I am down or "stuck," I just flip through it and read a couple pages and I feel better. It reminds me that my attitude is crucial in bringing me what I want in life.
Amie
Feb 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the different outlook and stories in this book... since it's all about energy. It was a great reminder! It took a few chapters for me to get past the fact the author COMPLETELY and unabashdly ripped off all the content of her book from Esther Hicks and didn't give credit or payment where it was due. Oh well, the author and her karma will have to deal with that.
Susan Highland
May 03, 2011 is currently reading it
I have read this inspiring book once, and found that there is a lot of power in how you feel. Negative feelings draw negative happenings to your life, and Positive, joyful feelings bring success to your life. When I slip into negative, it's time to read this book again!

On my second read starting now!
Lisa Garner
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
After re-reading The secret for the 26th time, I was recommended this book by a friend as a hands-on continuation.
What a godsend! This book gives you very practical tips in an everyday tone that as been so helpful to me. Straight away things in my life started to change for the better. Highly recommended to anyone practicing the law of attraction.
Vanea Tudor
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book i've read about law of attraction, you are your own God, everything depends on what you think. The author describe so well and so in detailed everything you need to know about feelings and how you can attract wellness in you life. A must read if you belive in the power of the Universe!
Cassandra
Jun 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Dave K: (seeing me reading this book) Hey, you know that author eventually went insane and killed herself?
Me: What? Great, I didn't want to know that!
Dave K: Haha nah I'm just messing with you. But no, she really is dead.
Maureen
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
My favorite piece from this book involves telling yourself a new story, in the form of a fairy tale, about your life... or rather the life you want to create. A fun tool in the toolbox of Law of Attraction practices. The title does not do the quality of this book justice.
Olwen
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Just love this book! Read it for the second time this week, after being handed it by a friend several years ago. It's a great introduction to the law of attraction principles, written in an easy-to-read, fun and uplifting narrative.
Leez
Nov 22, 2008 rated it it was ok
It's just Abraham material. Except she doesn't credit her source, so I'd rather read the real thing.
Krista
Aug 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Book club unanimously agreed: suuuuuucked. Offensively so.
Sara Al-Dawood
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I recommend this book to those who believe in law of attraction. Excellent book to start a new year with :-)
Jilles
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best and one of the funniest books about the Law of Attraction!
Darlene Hull
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Fun book to read. Some good tips on shifting your mindset and getting out of the negative thought patterns that get in the way of us being everything else were meant to be.
Yakov Pyatnitskov
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blinovskaya-list
The book in 3 sentences.

It’s about feelings and how by feeling good we can attract or realize our deepest wishes.
Notice what you don’t want, choose what you want, find a feeling for this wish, think about it when you are feeling jazzed or “buzzing” in the book.
NEVER focus on what you don’t want and instead the a habit of thinking and focusing on what you want in any area of you life.
Make feeling good your priority #1 in life.

***

Damn it, I got 4)

Is that all there is in the book? Of course no
Walt Jacob
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
When I started this book I got all excited and bought into everything the author professed, vowing to myself I was going to make it work for me. For several weeks I really worked hard at doing everything the author prescribed, And when I began to perceive a few minor successes (like a few $100 that came to me quite unexpectedly), I got really encouraged. Soon, however, I was forced to face the fact that what I was experiencing was merely wishful thinking, pure and simple. Still, I continued to h ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
mysterious death 2 15 May 20, 2015 10:29PM

• Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • The Master Key System
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • Hidden Messages in Water
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
  • You'll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
  • Living with Joy: Keys to Personal Power and Spiritual Transformation
  • Manifesting Love: How to Use the Law of Attraction to Attract a Specific Person, Get Your Ex Back, and Have the Relationship of Your Dreams
  • Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
  • SPIN Selling: Situation Problem Implication Need-payoff

News & Interviews

“You cannot solve a problem in the same frequency in which it was created.” 107 likes
“So here's the flash: Continuing to live life as a victim of circumstance, forever focusing on what's wrong with everything and everybody, will never, ever, bring the life desired. It will only bring one thing: more of whatever it is we're wanting so desperately to change.” 5 likes