Jump to ratings and reviews

Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings

Is there a way to always have a fat bank account, or a better job, or a delightfully smooth relationship, or a better body? And if so, is it really possible to realize these dreams now, rather than at some unknown future time?Lynn Grabhorn answers these questions with a resounding "Yes!" In Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting, she says that what actually molds every moment of every day of one's life are feelings. Using a candid, witty approach to a genre riddled with self-important puffery, she shows how feelings - not positive thinking, or sweat and strain, or good or bad luck, or even smarts - set the tone for people's lives. She frames her theory as a four-part plan that covers all the big topics - money, relationships, health, and spirituality - without being pompous or preachy.A "must read" for anyone stuck in negativity.Softcover, Published February, 2000.

288 pages, Paperback

19 books30 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 252 reviews
Profile Image for Tami.
Author 34 books67 followers
April 15, 2008
You get what you want out of life, exactly what you want. Why aren't you rich and famous with that special someone hanging on your every word? The answer is so simple that it's maddening. Thought manifests form. In other words, whatever you think about that's what you create in your life.

There's good news and bad news to this life changing discovery. First the bad news. Most of us spend the majority of our day drawing to us exactly what we don't want. I hope that my boss doesn't call me on getting my project done late. I hope my son remembered his homework. I can't pay my bills this month, there's never enough money. My lover is really pissing me off, I wish he'd apologize. In that negative frame of mind, constantly focused on what we want changed, we tend to draw the same events, the same people, and the same unhappiness to ourselves.

The good news is that we can change. We can figure out what we don't want and change our way of thinking to get what we do want. The result is an instant change from a pessimistic outlook to that of unlimited optimism. Life changing indeed. Check it out.
Profile Image for Hmza ahmd.
4 reviews1 follower
June 17, 2011

This was the topic of an excellent book I read recently: "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn. With a practical and easy-to-read (not to mention downright humorous) style, Ms. Grabhorn provides a simple process for "flowing energy" in the right direction.

In fact, the book actually got my emotions flowing even as I was reading it! I found myself laughing out loud and having little "aha!" moments every few pages. Even knowing as much as I like to think I know about the Law of Attraction, this book was a great wake-up call for me, in more ways than one.

موضوع هذا الكتاب ممتاز ، قد قرأته مؤخرا "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn" معروض بأسلوب عملي وسهل القراءة ، ناهيك عن روح الدعابة فيه ، يصنع عملية الطاقة المتدفقة لتقودك للإتجاه الصحيح

في الواقع، فإن الكتاب أستحوذ فعلا على مشاعري وأصحبت تتدفق حتى كنت أقرأ فيه! وجدت نفسي أضحك بصوت عال، وبعد قليل "آآآآه " فأرجع لأقلب لحظات الكتاب . حتى أنني لم أكن أعرف ماهو قانون الجذب ، فتعرفت عليه ، وكان هذا الكتاب إيقاظ كبيرة بالنسبة لي .
Profile Image for Reem.
41 reviews43 followers
August 19, 2016
كتاب شيق للغاية يتحدث عن كيفية صنع حياتنا من خلال التحكم بمشاعرنا! أذهلني كيف ان ما ذكر في الكتاب انطبق علي حيث بدأت الاحظ كيف تلعب مشاعري دور حقيقي في الاحداث في حياتي! وبالتالي فأنا المسؤولة عن كل مايحصل في حياتي من خير او شر!
Profile Image for Mariam.
5 reviews3 followers
March 1, 2011
I do believe that when you think positively, you generate good energy that allow you to attract and find practical ways to get the good things in life but to say that I can “feel” my way to health, wealth and happiness is just crap! In real life, bad things happen to good positive people and good things also happen to mean, negative jerks! This book didn’t add anything new, it was very repetitive, boring and unrealistic. What a waste of my money!
Profile Image for Shasha.
32 reviews10 followers
July 12, 2013
I started reading this book because I got it from the library. I read a story to my husband about a tiny baseball player (spoilers) that Lynn writes about, then I didn't have time to finish it. I wanted my husband to get on board with me because I could already tell that this wasn't like any other self-help book out there within the first chapter!
My husband didn't seem too interested... A little while later (and I'm not sure how long, or who he listened to- cuz it wasn't me!), we were sitting in his car and he turns on his mp3 player. It was a book, but not just any book- this book!
Of course I had to have it on mp3! I drive everywhere! Since I got it on mp3, I have listened to it all the way through once, and am on my second go. I have started applying the principles in tiny ways, let me tell you, you get what you focus on! The Uni-verse doesn't hear the DON'T to your wants! You have always gotten exactly what you have wanted in your life, but didn't realize it. We were taught BACKWARDS!
I urge EVERYONE to read this book. It is life changing.
Profile Image for Angel.
283 reviews19 followers
April 20, 2016
I'm not sure exactly where to start BUT, the whole premise of this book is that what you put out is what you get back. Put positive energy into the universe get positive back. Feeeeel lousy and put lousy energy out get lousy back. The entire book is supposed to teach you how to feeeel what you want so that you can have all the great things you've always wanted. I read it thinking 'Ok, at the very least I'll have some tools to help turn around negative thinking and I'll be more positive.' and what's wrong with that? I read on learning all about how to feeeeeeeeeel. (it's written that all throughout the book by the way) I'm reading along, generally understanding the whole premise. I was skeptical of some things (just my pesky negative energy and fear she would no doubt preach) but overall I was 'getting it' and on the whole I was intrigued.
Then I got to the 'health' mind/body connection. I was still onboard. Yes, it makes sense that there's a connection between your health and your thoughts. Ok. Yes, sure. But then the statements got a little scary for me. If you have cancer it's because your 'valve is closed' (flowing negative energy). If a very young child is sick it's because of the negative energy flow around them. (that's right mom and dad its YOUR fault) If you're in a car wreck it's because your negative energy attracted someone elses negative energy and created your car wreck. Yup, its your fault. Rape? Negative attracting negative. If your valve was 'open' (flowing positive energy) stuff like this wouldn't happen. I only saw one mention of 'for now keep seeing your doctor'. Then there was this jewel

Let that life force pour steadily and freely through you, unrestrained and unrestricted and you could drink cyanide every day for breakfast without even getting the hiccups.

What? That's where she lost me completely. I know, I know, I know- "But who would really do that" right? People have enough sense not to drink cyanide. But the book isn't about sense. You're told time and again to ignore the 'how's' and just feel it and visualize it and it'll happen. Flow positive energy and anything and everything is possible.
I like the positive thinking, I like the visualize what you want. But, I'm not going to fire my doctor or try any other reckless things just to prove to myself (or anyone else) that 'my valve is open' and I'm really flowing that positive energy.
But that's probably just my 'closed valve' talking.

This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Jess castellanos lobaton.
88 reviews28 followers
October 25, 2013
What an awesome book.
Unbelievable for many i bet.
This is one of my favourite genres, you feel a completely different person AFTER reading a book. I love the sensation of inner progress. I love the feeling of closing the book for the very last time and actually see that NOW you see LIFE in a VERY different way. THIS BOOK TAKES YOU THERE.
I so loved it, i wont give it away because I'm sure I'll need read it again in no too long but I'm gonna buy a couple more copies for a few someone's I have in mind so they reach for a better now, because one of the MANY things this book "teaches" you is that you cannot make someone else happier, they have to work that themselves, your happiness got to be reached by YOU so YOUUUU FEEL IT!
"Just remember that the way you THINK is the way you FEEL; the way you FEEL is the way you VIBE; and the way you VIBE ¡is the way in which you RECEIVE" (Lynn Grabhorn)
Profile Image for Bea Elwood.
917 reviews8 followers
December 9, 2017
I did read every word. I have found that emotionally I feel better when I use some of the techniques described by the Law of Attraction but this book takes it so far as to blame rape victims for having negative energy that attracts said rape into their lives and I can't stand that. There were techniques that are helpful for when you get caught up in all the negative don't have's or beat yourself up for mistakes but I wouldn't bother reading this book as the writing is repetitive and down right offensive in places.
Profile Image for Melodie Williams.
12 reviews9 followers
July 22, 2010
I would recommend this self help book to anyone and everyone! My father taught me this principle when I was a child and, when I've been awake enough to remembered its truth, I've use it. If we could only remember all the time that it is God's will for us to be happy. Thanks Lynn Grabhorn and thanks Dad.
Profile Image for Danielle Dillon.
51 reviews4 followers
May 31, 2022
a real highlight is where the author blames a victim’s “energy” for her rape - “one person is vibrating fear; the other vibrating inner fury. by their own matching frequencies, they become cocreators to an ugly event.”

now I love “woo woo” texts and schools of thoughts as much as the next twenty-something going through a quarter life crisis. but this? get out of here with THAT “energy.”
Profile Image for ASB.
22 reviews1 follower
July 13, 2011
Don't let the goofy title put you off. This book about the now infamous Law of Attraction is well worth reading. Grabhorn (gotta love that last name!) explains it all in down to earth language with irreverant humor and personal stories we can all relate to. Love it!
Profile Image for Munira almansour.
53 reviews5 followers
August 6, 2016
العنوان يوحي بشيء .. والمحتوي شيء اخر .. كتاب ممل ولا يضيف شيء مهم يذكر
Profile Image for sara.
19 reviews4 followers
January 30, 2021
I really liked it! These sort of books were always something I would buy and not really read much (I’m sure because of my age) but this one shed some light on the idea of self-help books. The idea of manifestation always seemed a bit too far to grab for me, but the approach taken in this book to emphasize it was unique and helpful.
One aspect I noticed was a bit flawed was constant repetition of phrases without much change. This could be a way Grabhorn intended to emphasize her ideals and yes, sometimes it was helpful, but other times more overbearing.
Overall, I would 100% recommended this book to anyone like minded with me or even people the exact opposite as me. It definitely taught me a lot of discipline within her words when I sat down to read it every morning.
Profile Image for Talyah.
192 reviews
June 12, 2017
I've read this book on and off for awhile, picking it up when I needed a little positivity in my life. I was all for this book until I got about 3/4 through and it started getting a little shaky. From there it just got worse.

For instance:
"It's not the tainted smoke from the cigarettes that kills you; it's the disallowance of Life through the Life line. It's not the heart attack that kills you; it's the disallowance of Life that caused the attack in the first place . Let that Life force pour steadily and freely through you, unrestrained and unrestricted, and you could drink cyanide everyday for breakfast without even getting the hiccups."

She also blames negativity, fear, and anger for cancer and other serious illnesses and says changing your attitude and practicing some of these exercises can also cure it. While I believe a positive attitude goes a long way, I can't believe it can cure cancer.

Then I decided to do a little research and found she died in 2004 from either cancer or her own hand (maybe even both). Her death is apparently somewhat of a mystery, it seems someone really wants to keep the details hush hush. Maybe they were thinking it might discredit her work. Who knows. But it certainly made me disregard the majority of the book.
Profile Image for Baron Bedesky.
Author 6 books
August 6, 2015
Sigh... the premise of the book is fine. I was buying into it because I agree with Grabhorn's philosophy in general. Once I finished the book, I discovered she had passed away several years ago. An Internet search divulged few details, but it seems the author either died of cancer, or perhaps even by her own hand because she was terminally ill. My heart goes out to this poor woman and her family, but these circumstances seem to undermine her central message. I can't help but feel the credibility of the book has been compromised as a result. The issue is further muddled by what appears to be a concerted effort by her people to play down, or even hide, what really happened for fear it may be bad for business. Again, I liked the central message of the book but the ironic circumstances took away from its authenticity... in my humble opinion.
Profile Image for Lisa Ryan.
Author 9 books19 followers
July 10, 2012
This is one of my favorite books and one that I have given to numerous friends over the years. Lynn Grabhorn writes as if you are a friend and this is a conversation. I like the way she encourages the reader to go deep and feeeel the emotions of what they want to attract into their lives. I've read it several times.

It is in the recommended reading section of my book, The Upside of Down Times: Discovering the Power of Gratitude which can be found here: http://amzn.to/NjNs06
Profile Image for Yasmine.
2 reviews
May 12, 2017
This book is truly excellent! I encourage you open minded readers to really challenge yourselves with this great read. It will definitely change your mind set on the everyday life around you, though only if you choose to. ;) I think you would really enjoy this book, it really put me on edge and made me think about the world around me with a fresh, new, crisp perspective. I know I let it change my me indeed. So don't be afraid, and try to think differently for once about your life and the great, big world around all of us because it might actually be something you like. Enjoy! Thank you Lynn for exposing me to the magnificent Law of Attraction!
Profile Image for Melanie Lofstedt.
17 reviews1 follower
September 12, 2007
This book really did change my life. It makes you look at things differently and you can see how it can change your life for the better. It's not as easy as it sounds to follow all the ideas listed, but gives me something to aim for. Some minor things bothered me about the book, but overall fantastic. I plan on reading it again and taking notes this time!
Profile Image for Camille Booth.
2 reviews
July 29, 2008
When I read The Secret, I found the concept of positive energy drawing other positive energy (and vice versa) compelling. However, it all seemed to simplistic...this book, expands on that idea and also includes ways to change from a negative "vibration" to a positive. In all, I think that is the most powerful element of this book...real techniques to enact that change.
Profile Image for Kjiminy Willie.
56 reviews
December 22, 2008
This was one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. It makes me happy just looking at it, so I always keep it close by. If I am down or "stuck," I just flip through it and read a couple pages and I feel better. It reminds me that my attitude is crucial in bringing me what I want in life.
Profile Image for Amie.
14 reviews4 followers
February 27, 2009
I really enjoyed the different outlook and stories in this book... since it's all about energy. It was a great reminder! It took a few chapters for me to get past the fact the author COMPLETELY and unabashdly ripped off all the content of her book from Esther Hicks and didn't give credit or payment where it was due. Oh well, the author and her karma will have to deal with that.
Profile Image for Susan Highland.
16 reviews7 followers
Currently reading
May 3, 2011
I have read this inspiring book once, and found that there is a lot of power in how you feel. Negative feelings draw negative happenings to your life, and Positive, joyful feelings bring success to your life. When I slip into negative, it's time to read this book again!

On my second read starting now!
Profile Image for Lisa Garner.
21 reviews3 followers
December 5, 2011
After re-reading The secret for the 26th time, I was recommended this book by a friend as a hands-on continuation.
What a godsend! This book gives you very practical tips in an everyday tone that as been so helpful to me. Straight away things in my life started to change for the better. Highly recommended to anyone practicing the law of attraction.
Profile Image for Vanea Tudor.
38 reviews9 followers
April 1, 2016
This is the best book i've read about law of attraction, you are your own God, everything depends on what you think. The author describe so well and so in detailed everything you need to know about feelings and how you can attract wellness in you life. A must read if you belive in the power of the Universe!
Profile Image for Cassandra.
29 reviews3 followers
April 12, 2009
Dave K: (seeing me reading this book) Hey, you know that author eventually went insane and killed herself?
Me: What? Great, I didn't want to know that!
Dave K: Haha nah I'm just messing with you. But no, she really is dead.
Profile Image for Maureen.
20 reviews5 followers
July 6, 2009
My favorite piece from this book involves telling yourself a new story, in the form of a fairy tale, about your life... or rather the life you want to create. A fun tool in the toolbox of Law of Attraction practices. The title does not do the quality of this book justice.
Profile Image for Olwen.
744 reviews12 followers
September 24, 2014
Just love this book! Read it for the second time this week, after being handed it by a friend several years ago. It's a great introduction to the law of attraction principles, written in an easy-to-read, fun and uplifting narrative.
17 reviews1 follower
November 23, 2008
It's just Abraham material. Except she doesn't credit her source, so I'd rather read the real thing.
Profile Image for Krista.
20 reviews
August 27, 2011
Book club unanimously agreed: suuuuuucked. Offensively so.
Profile Image for Sara Al-Dawood.
22 reviews16 followers
January 17, 2013
I recommend this book to those who believe in law of attraction. Excellent book to start a new year with :-)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 252 reviews