Start by marking “Campus Chills” as Want to Read:
Campus Chills

Campus Chills

Chilling tales born from the dark shadows of campuses across Canada. Featuring all original fiction by talented Canadian authors.

"Prepare to have your blood run cold, your heart race, and your brow bead with sweat: this anthology of horror stories ranges from the starkly terrifying to the tantalizingly creepy. There's magic mixed in with the chalk dust, evil lurking in the
Published October 22nd 2009 by Stark Publishing (first published October 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Campus Chills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campus Chills

Leslie
Nov 24, 2009 rated it liked it
I'm not normally a fan of short stories, but wanted to try it again. This was good. I liked Truth Poison, Reg Cage and my favorite story in the book, Radio Nowhere. Douglas Smith is the author of Radio Nowhere and I really liked his writing style. I loved the story too. It was about a guy that lost his wife and every year on the anniversary of his loss, he kind of loses his mind. He figures out a way to bring her back, but when he gets to the point of doing that, finds out a lot about himself an ...more
Thalia
Nov 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: canadian
A quirky collection of freaky tales that happen on college/university campus' across the country. A few stand outs are "Prospero's Ghost", "Sown" and "Radio Nowhere". When I first started the book I thought these would be cool for high school students in particular but then I read "Can You See the Real Me?"...ya, maybe not for underagers....lol! My eyes bugged out of my head - I swear it!
Countrygirl_TN
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-on-giveaway
Wow! I must say that I couldn't wait to read this book. Set on College campuses in Canada, these 13 tales had me on the edge of my couch the entire time. Each story left me with a different feeling. After reading the first story Harbinger, I was hooked. The stories each gave me a twist at the end that I couldn't see coming. I was left wanting more.

In Harbinger, a girl sees ghosts foretelling danger but can she figure out what is gonna happen before it's too late?

Prospero's Ghost is a about a gh
Theresa
Nov 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Older teens, college age, adult
Campus Chills contains 13 tales that take place on campuses throughout Canada. They go from those that will give you tingles to the back of your neck, all the way to chilling you to the bone. Each story is a real page turner, that will hold you in their grips right up until the end.

This book was a fun and quick read that took me back to my college days. I really enjoyed the different styles of the authors, covering the classic horror to just plain creepy. Most of the stories ran of the average
Sheri
Nov 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Campus Chills is a book with 13 short stories, all in a college campus setting. All are original spooky tales, that are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression. It was hard to pick a favorite..they were all quite good. A perfect Christmas gift for your college student or anyone who loves a chilling tale.
Michael
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Campus chills is an excellent collection of chilling college-themed tales of the supernatural by some of today's top authors. Highly recommended.
Lorna
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Campus Chills is a compilation of short horror stories. The best tales by far, in my opinion, are Harbinger and Prospero's Ghost . While all the stories are entertaining, none of them really gave me the chills. I was hoping for something a little more frightening, but at the very least I can say i enjoyed the book.
Idris
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
That was really not great. The editing was poor and the stories were incredibly hit or miss, emphasing on miss. Not the read I needed to kick off the Halloween season. Two stars.
Ashley
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Campus Chills. There's a good variety of stories throughout, from the utterly gruesome to the ones that make you wonder "what if." From your typical ghost story to the monstrosities that may be possible through science. My favourite stories in the collection were "The Forever Brotherhood" by Julie E. Czerneda, "Sara" by Nancy Kilpatrick, "Sown" by Susan Moloney and "Old Spice Love Knot" by Steve Vernon.

"Prospero's Ghost" by Kimberly Foottit and Mark Leslie was also really intere
Christopher Munroe
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
...a book of short horror fiction by Canadian authors set at public universities? Well, that's weirdly specific, but okay!!!

This compilation is quite good, in the way that short-fiction compilations tend to be. Several of the stories were incredible, a couple were awful and the rest were in between. Still, overall I was pleased with this, it's an interesting conceit for a theme compilation filled with interesting takes on the premise, and if you like horror you'll likely enjoy it too.
Amanda
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was so excited to read this book! When I received it in the mail I immediately sat down and started reading. The book is about creepy tales from college campuses in Canada. The stories I read were completely unique and caught my attention fast. The stories range from ghosts to werewolves to mutant creations. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!
Amelie-reads
I have mixed feelings about this book. Some of its stories are good enough to cause some horror in you, other are just way too simple and dull (I admit I left one of the stories unread because it was too tedious and I had no interest at all in that one). But overall, I think it was pretty entertaining.
Gayle Noble
Sep 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Gayle by: Archaeology, History, Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, Forensics, Depeche Mode, Supernatural (the TV series), Reading, Academic Study, Playing Tomb Raider games
Shelves: horror
A real mix here of I would say unsettling rather than horror stories. Some were better than others but I really enjoyed "Harbinger", "The Forever Brotherhood", "Sown" and "In Pursuit of Dreams". A good book to read on a rainy day.
Linda
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Some of the stories were mildly frightening but most were slow and boring.
Joan
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
I enjoyed this book with different stories of horror by various authors on college life. If you like your horror with different creatures to scare you this is the book to read.
Rebecca
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Some shorts were very good some were not so good.I have discovered a few new authors I would like to read more of, That is the joy of anthology's.
Eliza Jones
Jun 01, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
After finishing the first story, I decided it was too scary for me and didn't read more.
Kay
May 09, 2017
Christina
Sep 11, 2015
Beth
rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2013
Matt
rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2013
Julie Czerneda
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bitten Word
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death
  • The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror 2010
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Otherworld Primer
  • By Blood We Live
  • Twilight Zone: 19 Original Stories on the 50th Anniversary
  • The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
Mark is a writer, editor and bookseller who was born and grew up in Sudbury, spent many years in Ottawa and currently lives in Hamilton, Ontario.

As a bookseller, Mark has worked for Indigo Books and Music, Inc. (previously known as Chapters; and prior to that known as Coles) in various locations and roles, at Titles Bookstore McMaster University, and the Director of Self-Publishing and Author Rela