Start by marking “Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate” as Want to Read:
Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate

Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  844 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
If you've ever found yourself picking off your nail polish, sitting in your sweats with an empty carton of Ben & Jerry's, wondering, "Where are all the good men, and why isn't a gorgeous one standing shirtless in my kitchen mixing me up a pomegranate mojito?" I hate to tell you this, but it's your own fault. Not to worry -- I'm here to help you make that fantasy a real ...more
Published January 13th 2009 by Atria Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Become Your Own Matchmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Become Your Own Matchmaker

Sondra Santos
Nov 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Without giving away too much of the book, I do want to share some great quotes that I pulled from Stanger. She’s a very successful, beautiful and smart individual. Listen up, ladies!

“As soon as you say, ‘I’m not going to date for a while,’ the bus unloads. Don’t go out with them, but make sure you take reservations. Remember, the best restaurants are booked weeks in advance, why not you? You’re worth waiting for.”

“Think of yourself as a great wine – you’re only getting better and more valuable
Charity
I've only seen Patti Stanger's show "The Millionaire Matchmaker" a few times. Having little patience for "reality TV", I was surprised to find how addicting her show can be, and how fascinating it was to see the dating match-ups hits and misses. I can't say I watched much of the show, but when she went on Oprah and they plugged her book, I went ahead and bought it.

The book contains a lot of dating advice, which is largely generalized to fit "any woman, any stage of your life" demographic as opp
Ella
Apr 29, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patti Stanger is a legend in the land of Hollywood and home entertainment alike. She is a third generation matchmaker, centrally located in L.A., who helps the upper crust find their "love of a lifetime." She is probably most famous for her filter (or lack there of) when it comes to critiquing not only potential matches, but her clients as well. Patti's honesty is brutal, but always spot on. With an insanely high success rate, she might sound like the answer to your prayers, however her insanely ...more
Viktoriya
Sep 27, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Frankly, I don't even know why I decided to read this book. At one point I was somewhat enjoying Patti's show on Bravo and I was curious what she has to say in her book. Well...
First of all, I think it's about time someone close to Patti tells her (gently, if that's possible) that we are in the year 2010 now, not 1950. Her mentality is right where her grandmother's was when she was dating. If you believe what Patti says, then all of your problems go away the moment you say "I do". Well, Patti so
Rachael
Yes, it's Patti Stanger and yes, she is crazy on TV. However, in written form she is much more palatable. Is the advice earth shattering, no. But some of it is practical and useful. I think the way she presents herself on TV overshadows some of the good advice she has to offer.

I'm not very good at dating and I acknowledge that I need help, little tips and tricks that obviously I haven't thought about. I'm the kind of person that's used to working hard in my career to achieve, but when it comes t
M
Apr 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I watch the show, and I like Patti. However, I took offense to her statement that men don't like curly or short hair, as I have both. Otherwise, the book was good.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Rating: 1 STAR

(Review Not on Blog)

(I am working on a writing project on dating, love, romance, self confidence, creativity and self love. Currently, I am reading and researching the topics. The books I am reading for this I will also be reviewing, but may not discuss the project in the review.)

Confession, I love watching Stanger's show, The Millionaire Matchmaker. The ridiculousness of her matchmaking and the hilarious dates make for great entertainment. When I saw she wrote a book, I knew I wou
Ginny
I chose to get this one out of the library, not really believing advice from an abrasive reality TV Show hostess could be worthwhile. Turns out Patti Stanger is a Jersey girl (I should have guessed) so we had more in common than I initially thought.

I found most of the advice to be practical, interesting, and timely. The book does veer into some new age "law of attraction" ideas, but that is not the basis of the book, and it certainly can't help to think positive thoughts.

The steps are very uti
Christine
Patti Stanger is one New York broad (now lives in LA but...) who says it like it is. I love her show because of her. She has no filter! The thing is she is observant, has the keen mind of a businesswoman who doesn't mess around, knows both men and women, both of the sexes' weaknesses, and what they want for the most part.

Her book has honest advice that says it like it for us ladies who let's face it get emotionally attached and do stupid things when we know we shouldn't. She explains why (the da
Mary
Nov 01, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-and-dating
  • The Manual: A True Bad Boy Explains How Men Think, Date, and Mate- And What Women Can Do to Come Out on Top
  • Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
  • Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve
  • Modern Dating: A Field Guide
  • Debt-Free Forever: Take Control of Your Money and Your Life
  • Why Him? Why Her?: Understanding Your Personality Type and Finding the Perfect Match
  • The Girl's Guide to Absolutely Everything
  • Secrets of Attraction: The Universal Laws of Love, Sex, and Romance
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • Hungry Girl Official Survival Guides
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Life
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • Mars and Venus on a Date: A Guide for Navigating the 5 Stages of Dating to Create a Loving and Lasting Relationship
  • A Man Worth Waiting For: How to Avoid a Bozo
  • How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
  • Decoding Love: Why It Takes Twelve Frogs to Find a Prince, and Other Revelations from the Science of Attraction
  • Soul Love: Awakening Your Heart Centers (Soul Life, #1)
  • The Everyday Supermodel