Start by marking “Point Blank (Alex Rider Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Point Blank (Alex Rider Series #2)

Point Blank (Alex Rider #2)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  44,444 Ratings  ·  1,930 Reviews
MI6 assigns Alex Rider, 14, undercover at an elite prep school for teen rebels after two fathers are assassinated. Principal Dr Grief and vicious cigar-smoking Mrs Stellenbosch are the only teachers. All the students act studious, perfect - and identical. When Alex finds the plot, the villains find him, and the mountain peak has only a black ski run escape.
Published February 16th 2006 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Point Blank, please sign up.

Beatrice Chapter 9 is one of the best chapters in this novel. Good luck with reading !

Lola  Reviewer
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: espionage

Seriously loved the turn of events at the end. And the suspense!

However, this reminded me a lot of an episode from Totally Spies called ''Dolphin Drama'' in which Alex is enrolled by her parents in a fancy boarding school where scientists extract people's wits... although in this case it's more about the body than what is inside of it.
Lola  Reviewer
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this new mission, Alex Rider has to infiltrate a secretive boarding school for spoiled teenage kids of rich parents who need a little bit of etiquette.

So Alex Rider takes on a new identity… and personality! Indeed, he is required to blend in – act spoiled, wear dirty clothes, be unpolite, etc. I must say, if spying as a career does not work out in the end for this young man, he could surely become an actor.

I mean, he is really, really good at making people see what they want to see and not wh
Ahmad Sharabiani
Point Blanc = Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2), Anthony Horowitz
Point Blanc is the second book in the Alex Rider series, written by British author Anthony Horowitz. The book was released in the United Kingdom on September 3, 2001 and in North America on April 15, 2002, under the alternate title: Point Blank.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: دوم ماه مارس سال 2010 میلادی
عنوان: نقطه سیاه، در آلپ مرگ منتظر الکس رایدر است؛ نویسنده: آنتونی هوروویتس؛ مترجم: تینا فلاحتی نوین؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، ایرانبان، 1389، در 250 ص،
Ryan Buckby
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The worst time to feel alone is when you're in a crowd.

I really enjoyed the second book in this series much more than i did the first one, it just stepped itself up from the first one. I now have more of an understanding of this world and the main character Alex Rider.

Plot: this book picks up a couple of months after the first book ended and Alex is trying to live a normal life and attend school, however this doesn't last long when MI6 needs his help and he is soon going undercover in a priva
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, e-books
Liked this better than Stormbreaker, because the involvement of a 14-year old spy seemed more credible, but perhaps it just took a second book? Alex Rider is coerced to masquerade as a hell child of a magnate to enter a prestigious school, where miscreants are re-educated. When two parents die under unusual circumstances, MI6 decides something is wrong there. Alex is sent to a mountaintop in Switzerland, where he is basically on his own to discover what is rotten there and uncovers a devious plo ...more
সালমান হক
টিনেজ উইজারড, ডেমিগড, ভযামপায়ার এসব এর কাহিনী পড়তে পড়তে আসলেও একটু বোরিং বোরিং লাগছিল। একটু রিয়েলিসটিক কিছু পড়তে ইচছে করছিল। তখন ই মনে হল পয়েনট বলযাংক এর কথা। আমাদের টিনেজ জেমস বনড। :)
এবং নিরাশ হতে হয়নি। বরং সিরিজটার পরতি আগরহ আরো বহুগুণে বেড়ে গেল। বই এর শুরু থেকে শেষ -পুরোটা মনোযোগ ধরে রাখতে বাধয। আদরশ সপাই থরিলার। শুরুতে পলট টা হয়ত তেমন কিছু মনে হবে না, কিনতু একটু পরেই একদম মাথা ঘুরিয়ে দেয়ার মত পলট বের হয়ে আসবে। লেখক আসলেই অনেক ভাল লেখেন।
একশন, সপাই গযাজেট, ধাওয়া-ধাওয়ি মিলিয়ে পারফেকট একটা ব
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that got me hooked on the Alex Rider series. Anthony Horrowitz was so clever in making up this story. How he made it sound realistic but I also think it was a bit science fiction-ish but I liked that about it. When a crazy scientist makes clones of himself and replaces sons of multimillionaires with them it sounds impossible right? But not for Anthony Horrowitz.
3.5 Kick ass stars

I read this book a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot especially because the main character is a fourteen years old male devoid of the usual teenage angst. This book is the second in the Alex Rider series where Alex is a spy in training for MI6. During the course of his training Alex learns more about the world and uncovers a potentially deadly secret which leads our hero into a daring adventure. This was a fun and entertaining book with likeable characters and fantastic action
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such as fast-paced suspense-filled book! I loved every page of this book!! Alex is such a funny and witty character and, this is such an interesting series that I think I will never get bored of. Can't wait to read the next book!
rachel • typed truths
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 4-star
Some unavoidable spoilers for Stormbreaker contained in this review.

In Stormbreaker, we saw Alex find out the truth behind his uncle's death and be blackmailed into MI6's shadowy world of espionage and danger. After his last "adventure" Alex thought that everything would be over, but his victory against Lebanese madmen, Herold Sayle, is short lived. Now Blunt and the agency needs his help again.

This time? Alex needs to go undercover at the French reform school, Point Blanc, for rich rebels. H
These are addicting. I think I am gonna read the third one before I go to bed.
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. Part young Bond, part MacGyver and totally awesome! I love Alex's dry wit, and his reluctance to be a super spy. It sets the series a part and makes it so fun. This one was a tiny bit predictable, so not quite a 5 star read for me. But this is probably the 5th or so time I've read this book since I was a teenager, and I love it every time.
Lila Kims
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spy-fiction
It took me 27 days to read this not-even-300-page book. BUT I REALLY LIKED IT, I PROMISE. IT'S NOT THE BOOK'S FAULT AT ALL.

I really like the action - I swear, there's never a dull moment. If you want a break from slow-burning plots, pick up Alex Rider.

Alex has a dry sense of humor. Alex is smart. Alex is super brave - or maybe he's super stupid, who can tell?

Either way, Alex is awesome.
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like teen spies
Recommended to Bridget by: My guts
Shelves: spies
That ending was badass. I'm just saying.

Point Blanc stepped up one notch from Stormbreaker. Where in Stormbreaker Alex Rider started out being innocent and just a normal school boy, and ended up as a boy interested in spy work, in Point Blanc he changes so much more. I won't say how because it will spoil everything, but it is visible, and it I am looking very much forward to see how he will change over the course of the books.

Alex started out as the same boy we left - interested in being a spy
Jul 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mix James Bond Junior with a crazy brain-washed boardingschool in France. Add hilarious equipment and some crazy badass skills on snowboard, and then you'll have Point Blanc.

The first 150 pages was one big summary of the former book, Stormbreaker, which made me leaning to three stars. But in the end, Point Blanc was far better than Stormbreaker, because, unlike Stormbreaker, Point Blanc had a big kickass-escape-scene filled with action. I was all fired up, but this book made me hold my breath fo
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fiction fans, spy adventure fans
Recommended to Angie by: I'd read the first.
I loved this one even more than the first. Alexonce again is thrown into a dangerous situation by the increasingly nasty and hateful Alan Blunt. This time he is sent undercover to a school in the French mountains.

The story is exciting and I think that both adults as well as kids will love it. I like the character of Alex, so resourceful and thinking fast on his feet. I've already got book 3 on its way.
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Alex Rider book that I've read and been completely surprised by how much I like it.

Alex's initial stunt to get him back in everyone's radar shocked me! What was he thinking.

But from there, although I had reservations about how his assignment was possible to pull off, I think the story did a great job of pulling us through.

The end wasn't a huge surprise but it was action packed and full of adventure. I look forward to reading more of the series.
Weston Conaway
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this book an "A" plus! This book was full of suspense, and excitement. I was constantly on the edge of my seat. I loved how the M16 spy agency sends a 14 year boy on a deathly mission. Through the story there are a lot of twists and turns. Alex faces many close calls of giving up his identity, but he might not get so lucky in the end!
May 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A novel for children. There isn't an element which can capture the heart of a adult or young adult. But I am sure that the children will be captivated.
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On one hand I liked this book more than the first one, on the other hand I found it way more creepy. Although that's probably just me.

So this is the second book in the Alex rider series and again, the characters are pretty cool, the adventure is awesome, and well the gadgets speak for themselves.

This book is about a mission in the french Alps, because there seems to be something fishy about a finishing school built inside a mental asylum.

***** SPOILERS *****

Ok first of all, how creepy was tha
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The scene is set with the murder of a wealthy businessman, Roscoe. We watch as Roscoe is murdered. Gosh it was chilling! Next, we follow Alex as he damages police headquarters while tailing a dealer who has been selling drugs to kids at his school. MI6 intervenes with the police's charges and sends Alex undercover to Point Blanc, a reform school in the Alps, where apparently Roscoe's son goes. Alex uncovers sinister things going on within the school.
Point Blanc was an action-packed, adventurous
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah, talk about suspense! This book was packed with nonstop action and I loved every single minute of it. The scenes are perfectly set up, giving insight from various perspectives to really establish the events. It was ingenious! I could really imagine everything that was going on - it was as if I was watching a movie. The whole plot was brilliant and keeps you guessing throughout. How Anthony Horowitz comes up with these original conspiracies and ideas, I just don't know. What I do know is tha ...more
It's 007 for children and I very much enjoyed reading it. Of course, the problem that arose was something that would cause international crisis but the plot was rather simple which is appropriate for the target age group. I think I understand why the movie did not continue on following the series but I think it would have still been a fun watch.
Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
Just as good as I remembered!
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read with one of my students. Went down very well.
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book took place in several locations. First, he was in Brooklyn, New York, then he was assigned to go to a rich family’s house in Lancashire. Finally, he was flown to France where he was “attending” a reformatory school. The point of view that was portrayed was third person limited (refers to the main character as “him” or by name, and the narrator is only able to expose the main character's thoughts and observations). The major characters’ names are Alex Rider(main), Alan Blunt, Dr.Grief(s) ...more
Charley Bayer
I read the book Alex rider, Point Blanc, the second book in the series. And I really liked this book, it kept me on my toes and to wanting to read more. Overall It was a good, action packed, book.
The main setting of the the book was the school, Point Blanc, located somewhere in the French Alps. The story is told by Alex in first person. Some of the main characters are Alex, of course, Dr. Greiff, Mrs. Stellenbosch, Alan Blunt, and James Sprintz. Most of the conflict is between Alex and M16 vs.
Mike Jorgensen
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, teen-fiction, spy
I'm not ashamed to say how much I am enjoying these books as a grown man! They are light and fun. Like the Bond genre, they rarely have life-changing insights although they occasionally dabble with important global/political issues. This one had a far better plot/villain than the first although it does indulge itself with the same type of silliness that runs rampant in Bond novels/films (ex. his friend named "fiona friend", since he never had to "phone a friend" I'm assuming she'll reappear in l ...more
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book genuinely has an amazing story line. What I love about this book is that it keeps the reader intrigued and it never gets boring. Every page almost there is something rather interesting that makes the reader want to continue on. And definitely when Alex was staying at Point Blank it was so strange to hear the strange things the school did and how in the past it was an Asylum made by a crazy person.
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Honestly, reading this series is much like watching a James Bond movie--lots of special effects and impossible situations and danger. Perhaps the pull is the teenaged that protagonist doing the impossible... I will say this series is addictive though certainly not a favorite for me.
  • Blood Fever (Young Bond, #2)
  • Maximum Security (Cherub, #3)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Jimmy Coates: Target
  • The White House (I, Q, #2)
  • Hunting the Hunter (On the Run, #6)
Anthony Horowitz, OBE is ranked alongside Enid Blyton and Mark A. Cooper as "The most original and best spy-kids authors of the century." (New York Times). Anthony has been writing since the age of eight, and professionally since the age of twenty. In addition to the highly successful Alex Rider books, he is also the writer and creator of award winning detective series Foyle’s War, and more recent ...more
More about Anthony Horowitz...

Alex Rider (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4)
  • Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8)
  • Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider, #9)
  • Russian Roulette: The Story of an Assassin (Alex Rider, #10)
  • Never Say Die (Alex Rider, #11)

Young Adult Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • Orphan Train Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • Period 8
    $6.74 $0.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • What We Saw
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Grand Tour: or The Purloined Coronation Regalia (Cecilia and Kate, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion