Start by marking “Chasing Harry Winston” as Want to Read:
Chasing Harry Winston

Chasing Harry Winston

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  67,870 Ratings  ·  2,638 Reviews
Meet Emmy, Leigh, and Adriana. Best friends since college, each has seen her share of career foils and romantic foibles over the past decade. Now, as they approach thirty, they’re looking toward their future...and they’re not quite sure they like what they see.

When they are each alone on Valentine’s Day, the trio makes a pact. Within one year, each woman will change the th
Published January 26th 2010 by Pocket Books (first published May 27th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Harry Winston, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Harry Winston

Jan 07, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Idiots
Shelves: craptastic
So far this book is like a martini topped with mini marshmallows.

Update: I'm past the halfway point and the book is now a martini topped with marshmallows poured over a steaming pile of dog excrement.

Update the second: I retract my earlier statement, as it is demeaning to the martini. Martinis are fabulous and should never be associated with dreck like this. It is, however, like marshmallow-dotted dog poopie, as it is cloyingly sweet, fluffy, and a real stinkeroo.

Update the third: WARNING. I a
Opal
Jul 14, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Everyone Worth Knowing." I live in NYC and love reading about places I've been to, or places I've heard of. I understand what it's like to work in NYC. I could not wait for this book to come out, and even splurged and bought it before it was out in paperback. I am on page 115 and I'm completely regretting it. The most annoying parts are the following:

-Otis, Emmy's ex-boyfriend's African Grey parrot or bird that he left behind. I cringe every time I
Jaye
Jun 22, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absoulutely one of the worst books I've ever read. I am completely done reading the vapid crap that this woman purports to "write". She's a no talent-hack, who I'm convinced just knew the right people and got a contract for telling-all about Anna Wintour. When people bought that admittedly interesting, albeit horribly written book, it perpetuated a book deal and now she won't stop writing. And she should. She's HORRIBLE.
Jen Covey
Jan 04, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why I am still reading this dreck. I didn't purchase it on my kindle because it had such horrible reviews, but when I saw it at the library I thought I would give it a chance. I think I am just avoiding housework but the pile of laundry is starting to look more appealing.
Nic
Aug 12, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'd never read anything by Laura Weisberger before. I'd seen the movie "The Devil Wears Prada", and to be honest, that was pretty rubbish storyline-wise, but I thought hey, I'll give her a chance. So I saw this book, thought it might be a laugh. Gave it a go.

One of the first things I noticed was that every time I picked it up, I wanted to put it back down again about a minute later. It was that unreadable, clearly. But I did get through it. Although I really wish I hadn't wasted my money on it.

I
Jordana Horn Gordon
Like eating a whole sleeve of not particularly great cookies and then feeling like, "Why did I do that??"
Suzanne
Leigh, THE BOOK EDITOR, got engaged and went to visit her mom. Her mom says "I can't believe I had to wait TWELVE DAYS to see this sparkler." Then, two pages later, an incident that happened the day of the engagement is referenced as "it had been TEN DAYS since." About 200 pages later Leigh's name is spelled LEAH. This is the kind of crap that makes me want to burn books and then back over their ashes with my car. Or just complain incessantly to anyone that will listen.

Anywho, over the top chara
Angie
Aug 06, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Liisa
May 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girlfriends
By page nine, I had already laughed out loud and at page 38, I already LOVED "Chasing Harry Winston" by Lauren Weisberger.

It's the story of three best friends: Emmy, Adriana and Leigh and a year in which they plan to change their lives. Set in New York, focussing on dating and sex, you can't help but compare it to "Sex and the City" but it isn't a carbon copy nor are the similarities a bad thing.

I found "Chasing Harry Winston" highly entertaining and incredibly easy to read. The characters are a
Erin
Aug 01, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book made my angry. i really had to put it down several times and walk away. aside from the fact that it reads as if it was written by a ninth grader, the overall tone and subject just supports the stereotype that all women (or at least those in a certain age bracket) are consumed with material things and status, and that true love is not quite as important as the size and make of your ring or the number of men with whom you have slept. i have known women like this (thankfully, not that man ...more
  • The Debutante Divorcee
  • The Second Assistant: A Tale from the Bottom of the Hollywood Ladder
  • One Fifth Avenue
  • A Total Waste of Makeup (Charlize Edwards, #1)
  • Names My Sisters Call Me
  • Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Shoe Addict, #1)
  • Second Chance
  • Sleeping Arrangements
  • The Year of Living Famously
  • American Girls about Town
  • Model Student: A Tale of Co-eds and Cover Girls
  • The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3)
Lauren Weisberger was born March 28, 1977, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, a locale recently made even more chic, if possible, by The Office. She was joined four years later by sister Dana, a.k.a. The Family Favorite, and moved to Allentown, Pennsylvania, at age eleven. At Parkland High School, Lauren participated in all sorts of projects, activities, and organizations for the sole purpose of padding h ...more
More about Lauren Weisberger...
“He certainly seems like the perfect guy but none of that matters if he's not the perfect guy for you.” 41 likes
“Focus on yourself -- do what you want, when you want, without having to consider anyone else's agenda.” 39 likes