Start by marking “Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)

Blue Moon

(The Immortals #2)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  81,240 Ratings  ·  3,708 Reviews
Alyson's Noël's bestsselling Immortals series has been hailed as "addictive" "beautiful" "haunting" and "mesmerizing." In the second installment, Blue Moon, Ever can bring her family back from the dead—but only if she's willing to sacrifice the guy she loves more than life itself.

Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated
Published August 4th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published July 7th 2009)

Myra
May 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-lit-read
It's official...I love Ever and Damen just as much I love Bella and Edward.

Seriously, folks...give the Immortals series a chance. You will not be disappointed.

***UPDATE***

I have since tried to read another installment, and have found there is really no comparison to Bella and Edward. I love B & E far too much and no other characters from other series can hold a candle.
Jude
Dec 13, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's Official, I hate Ever. The story is just… lame, I found Ever more annoying than ever. She's an inconsistent character, doing one irrational thing after the other, and yeah, sometimes characters do that, but Ever's actions were contradictory. Like, when she finally thinks its okay to go all the way with Damen after a million lifetimes. Seriously?? The girl doesn’t have enough of a brain to make the right decisions and not to trust the most obvious bad guy in the world, but she’s smart enough ...more
Μaria Vrisanaki
Αυτή η σειρά έχει μια μοναδική ικανότητα να με απογειώνει στην αρχή των βιβλίων και στη συνέχεια να με κατεβάζει… κατεβάζει… κατεβάζει… ολο και περισσότερο!!

Μέχρι τη μέση ήμουν να σκάσω! Γυρνούσα σαν τρελή τις σελίδες για να μάθω τι έγινε έτσι ξαφνικά!

Μετά;;;;

description

Στασιμότητα... η εξέλιξη σαν να μείωσε ρυθμό, μέχρι που έγινε ό,τι πιο χαζό μπορούσε να γίνει.
Έβερ, %#^*#@$@#%^$#^&$ έλεος πια!

description

ευτυχώς που υπάρχεις κι εσύ για να μας δείχνεις πώς να ΜΗΝ αγαπάμε το άλλο μας μισό.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Ever one-ups herself in this one, proving to be the dumbest fictional character of all time.

How anyone can read this and walk away happy is beyond me. Seriously, the girl is dumb, the plot limp, the characters even more haphazard than they were the first time around. It's the literary equivalent of smacking your head into a brick wall over and over again. Although, I think that would ultimately be more enjoyable and less damaging.

I can't even count how many times I was trying to mentally will
Evgnossia O'Hara
I'm not sure I'm gonna write a review for this one. I still have to write one for the previous book ooops...
Blythe

I didn't think anything could possibly be worse than Evermore.

And my goodness, was I wrong in thinking that.

DNF, BECAUSE I'D PREFER TO HAVE SOME OF MY SANITY INTACT.
J.Elle
Mar 24, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a YA paranormal romance, which picked up where the first book left off.

I liked Ever in this but she was entirely too trusting at times. I felt sorry for her when things started going wrong with Damen though and she was powerless to do anything about it.

The storyline in this was about Damen suddenly turning on Ever and wanting nothing to do with her, and Ever not knowing why. There was a new guy at school who seemed to want her even when she turned him down, and things just generally see
Kiki
Jul 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, ghosts
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Ever is so stupid.

Like, not just academic stupid, horror movie stupid. She's the fool who'll walk up the stairs toward the axe murderer while the front door lies wide open and the keys are waiting in the car's ignition. Sound familiar?

It's funny how addictive these books are. I wanted to stop reading, but I couldn't bear to put the damn book down. I bought this one as a holiday read, and blazed through it in less than a day.
Kristi
Feb 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blue Moon was incredible. If you thought Evermore was full of suspense and unknowns, just wait until you read Blue Moon. Noel surpassed all expectations I had for the sequel, if this is a preview to how the rest of the series will be, we all in for a huge treat.

The plot was insane, and I mean that in a good way. Noel took this novel in a direction I was never expecting, resulting in an emotional roller coaster ride that I never wanted to end. It was so cleverly pieced, so intricately meshed, I n
Chandra
Jul 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I should not have read this book. It was not good for my brain.
And I knew this when I checked this book out from the library. Because the first one was possibly one of the worst things I'd ever read. So, honestly, did I expect the second one to be worth reading?
But I was curious. I really wanted to know what could possibly be in the sequel to Evermore. So, well, here we are.
I won't rant about the problems it shares with its predecessor; I expected those, in all of their copious glory. (Though I
Athena ღ
▪2,5▪ ...more
Laurel
I tried.
I really did.

Never again.

NEVER. FUCKING. AGAIN.
Erica
Well, this is disappointing, so far. Damen is still a huge ass (600+ years old and he can't have a little patience with a 16-year-old? He can't be a little more sensitive and a little less horny? He can't stop being a brooding, mysterious, non-past-revealing teenager after six hundred years? Really?) and now Ever has become clingy while being obsessed over not having sex though she thinks she wants to but she's not ready but she should be because she has always died a virgin so she needs to hurr ...more
Hannah (PSIloveThatBook)
MORE? MORE! @ P.S. I love that book!

THE WORLD: So pretty much the same as in the first book. We have our world and then in addition we have these supernatural immortals. Oh and yes we also have Summerland which is basically a place between life and death and where everything you want you can have.

CHARACTERS: So main character is named Ever which just for the record I really like. In the first book I really loved Ever but now she became a little bit annoying. Basically, in the second book Ever be
Idalia
Sep 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
The beginning was amazing! From the beginning it grabbed my attention. Although, towards the middle of the book its appeal left, and the plot became knotty. However, the plot was like a roller coaster ride. One moment you think you know what will happen next, then something thrilling happens. This made me melt and keep reading.

Alyson Noel wrote this book very entertaining, interesting, and engaging. When you read this book you can tell that she knows what she's doing. She has the plot all figure
Sue
Oct 25, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who don't mind unrealistic events and don't care if characters lack development
Bark
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This is the sequel to Evermore which I loved so much I gave it one star. This sequel picks up where the last left off and tells the continuing saga of the newly immortal Ever and her immortal soul mate Damen as they struggle with teenage inanities and an evil nemesis.

I listened to this on audio and over two hours go by without anything of interest happening. There is plenty of bitchery and immaturity to go around, however, as we listen in on Ever and her small circle of self-involved friends as
Courtney Wells
I usually try to give a series a chance so even though I didn't have the greatest opinion of Evermore I read Blue Moon in the hopes that, maybe, the series just had a slow, simple start and would come into its own as the books went on.

Nope.

Blue Moon was disappointing at its best moments and absurd at its worst. Every mysterious aspect of the story did nothing to capture my imagination or interest - including the new mysterious guy who was responsible for Damen's new mysterious condition. Ever di
Lina
Aug 05, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ รђ๏รђคภคђ
Tina
Jul 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy, own-it
The writing is simple and very well paced. I had a hard time putting this book down.

I did have a little gripe with this book, What happened to Ever? I was a big fan of hers until now. Not to give anything away but the ending came out of nowhere. Ever starts out not trusting Roman, even though everyone has fallen for him. She has strong feelings of distrust for him and follows her gut by keeping her distance. She is outwardly rude to him through out the entire story. Then comes the end ... she do
Happie
Dec 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the 1st book Evermore...though it may seem like a knock-off of the Twilight sagas, still the author manage to introduce new ideas and concepts like, auras, "elixir of life (from theories of alchemy), sacras, etc. That's the reason why I decided to read the 2nd one Blue Moon.
However, I was disappointed... the character of Ever was portrayed a little stupid. What happened?!? I guess I'm just not used for the female protagonist to be written this way, all wrong and bad things that had happe
Rose
How this series continues to amaze me. I don't know how, and I don't know why. It has never happened before. Never have I believed that every book of a six book series would be two trios of stunningly beautiful books. Well, I believe so now. Alyson Noel is amazing. Her writing though... wow. Alyson Noel has topped my top author chart. I just love her writing, somehow it gets to me a lot. I totally understand Ever, and I feel her frustration just through Alyson Noel's writing. What's my recommend ...more
Georgia
Aug 04, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I rate this somewhere between a 2 and a 3.

Shannon (Giraffe Days)
This review comes with a few spoilers for Evermore, and I have to talk a wee bit about the ending of Blue Moon because it really disgruntled me.

Ever Bloom is trying to learn the tricks of being an Immortal: manifesting things, parting the veil to the portal to Summerland, and so on; but the sheer handsomeness and appeal of her boyfriend and fellow immortal, Damen Auguste, is proving highly distracting.

Yet even though they have loved each other throughout several of her incarnations across four h
Christina
2 stars

Upon finishing the first book of this series, I was unsure how this was a 6 book series. Upon finishing this book, I'm honestly still unsure. On the bright side, they make a good distraction and make me appreciate the other books I'm reading that much more, even if I spent the majority of the book wanting to just smack the MC.

I need a slight break before returning for book 3.
Sarah BT
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is so much going on in this book that I don't want to say in the summary because I don't want to ruin it for you. All I can say is read this book!

I really enjoy sequels, but they also make me nervous, especially when I loved the first book as much as I did Evermore. But Alyson Noel surpassed all my expectations, and not only is Blue Moon an amazing sequel - it sets the bar for the rest of this series very, very high! Even if you didn't love Evermore, I really suggest you pick this one up.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

Ever is now an immortal, and she's eager to learn everything - from manifesting objects to visiting the paradise Summerland.

Things are looking up for Ever and Damen, who can finally be together. But just as Ever finds her power's growing, Damen's starts to fade. He's becoming weak and he's even starting to forget Ever.

Ever travels to Summerland to save Damen, but while there she discovers she might be able to save her family. E
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel - Starting November 8th 2017 26 83 Nov 26, 2017 02:12PM
If you were Ever would you have gone back to ur past? What do u think would have happened if she stayed? 7 36 Nov 08, 2015 08:51AM
Ever's not very smart choices 12 72 Sep 10, 2014 02:33AM
english 11 1 23 Aug 20, 2014 08:36AM
Is the second book better then the first? 28 107 Mar 05, 2014 05:20AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Blue Moon by Alyson Noel 1 1 Jun 08, 2013 01:36PM
3rd book title 13 65 Jun 01, 2013 03:30AM
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • The Initiation / The Captive Part I (The Secret Circle, #1-2)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Strife (Sweep, #9)
  • Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2)
  • Kissed by an Angel/The Power of Love/Soulmates (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
*Note to readers: I'm slowly trying to add to the long list of books I have read, books I am reading, books I want to read, and books I loved reading. I only add books I loved, hence all my ratings are 5 stars!

Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of 26 novels, including: Faking 19, Art Geeks and Prom Queens, Laguna Cove, Fly Me to the Moon, Kiss & Blog, Savi

The Immortals (6 books)
  • Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
  • Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)
  • Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4)
  • Night Star (The Immortals, #5)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
“Hating requires caring. In which case, I couldn't possibly hate you.” 959 likes
“The fact is, the heart and mind aren't always friendly.

And in my case, they're barely speaking.”
349 likes