Start by marking “Mock the Week: This Year's Book!” as Want to Read:
Mock the Week: This Year's Book!

Mock the Week: This Year's Book!

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Now in its seventh year, "Mock the Week" is the biggest comedy show on BBC2, regularly drawing 5 million viewers every week and making stars of Frankie Boyle, Dara O'Briain and Russell Howard. Packed with enough jokes to fill a whole new series, "Mock the Week: This Year's Book! "is a colourful riot of near-the-knuckle humour; the perfect gift for the show's devoted fans t ...more
Published 2009 by Boxtree

To ask other readers questions about Mock the Week, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mock the Week

Below
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
While there are some gems in here, the book overall is not that funny and relies too much on crass humour for my liking. While I don't mind sexual humour if there's some wit about it, references to sex (and other crass humour) are overdone in this book and often just rely on the crass element rather than being clever. Also, part of the humour in 'Scenes we'd like to see' has been about the delivery of the lines which doesn't always translate well to written format.
Roxanne
Jan 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Really funny book, nice layout, however i do think that anyone could have written these scenes. They aren't written by any of the comedians on the tv show, so it does seem a bit pointless to make a whole book of 'scenes we'd like to see' they could expand the book to other parts of mock the week show. Other than that its a funny book.
Tara Calaby
Dec 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: britcom, humour
I picked this up for a pound in a Newcastle charity shop and I'm glad I didn't pay more, because most of these one-liners are really very ordinary. Fine as a book to browse through while eating dinner in a youth hostel, but not something I'd bother reading again, so I shall be completing the circle and re-donating it to a new charity shop :D
Amantha
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Received as a present a couple years ago...hilarious and now I suddenly have a craving to watch WLIIA.
Pedro Plassen
Dec 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Based on a BBC weekly show. Things they'd like to see written on several places and occasions. Some funny, some far fetched, too many pages.
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by Book Avalanche)
This book was ok, some of it was quite funny, other bits....not so much. I'm sure I saw some one-liners repeated a couple of times throughout the book. Ok for an amusing light read.
Rebecca Kathleen
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: My friends, My brother
Recommended to Rebecca by: My brother
I really enjoyed this book, hilarious at all moments. I especially enjoyed the exam questions.
James