Start by marking “Oneness with All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth” as Want to Read:
Oneness with All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth

Oneness with All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  778 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Eckhart Tolle highlights the most inspiring and beautiful insights of A New Earth

When Oprah announced A New Earth as her 61st Book Club selection, it skyrocketed to #1 on the New York Times bestseller list, selling over five million copies in paperback and remaining at the top of the list for twenty-two consecutive weeks . In A New E
Published October 27th 2009 by Penguin Books (first published November 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Oneness with All Life, please sign up.

DNF with Jack Mack Yes, but "Through the Open Door (CD or download)" gets to the core practices in about an hour. If someone asked, how do I "do" presence, this is where…moreYes, but "Through the Open Door (CD or download)" gets to the core practices in about an hour. If someone asked, how do I "do" presence, this is where I would send them. That said, I started on "New Earth" gosh, almost ten years ago, and this is more to the point. However, it lacks the larger world view of how things are changing in the world around us.(less)

Cheryl Schibley
Jun 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking to find inspiration in life
Shelves: philosophy, self-help
A beautiful book to have at your bedside. It is inspirational and comforting. I love all of Eckhart Tolle's books.
Dustin
Aug 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eckhart Tolle is a master. "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral, which always is as it is. There is the situation or the fact, and here are my thoughts about it. Instead of making up stories, stay with the facts. For example, "I am ruined" is a story. It limits you and prevents you from taking effective action. "I have 50 cents left in my bank accou ...more
Liz. Creager Creager
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I bought this book because I really enjoyed Elkhart Tolle's book A New Earth. I read that a number of years ago when it was so popular. It was a hard read in some chapters. I had to keep rereading over and over to get what he was saying. That being said, I enjoyed his book so much I read it again and then took a 10 week class to study it more deeply with the chapters I struggled with. The group was lead by a psychologist in a small group of about ten women. We were going to do a little on each c ...more
Cornell
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
re-reading this book again. i need to make my own condensed version that is pocket-side and can carry around with me because i need to reminded to breathe....sometimes that is all we need to do...just breathe.
Barbara Mayer
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational

I consider myself an atheist but I can absolutely relate to everything Tolle says in this book. I have also read his book A New Earth. I needed a refresher. A genius writer, honest, straightforward and from the heart. I will read this again and again when I need reminding that there is a way for all of us to evolve into being better human beings. Thank you Elkhart Tolle.
Richard
Eckhart Tolle is one of those authors that I simply resonate with. I enjoyed this practical guide for his previous book 'A New Earth'. Appealingly aesthetic and artfully done.

Some have mentioned his books all contain the same message, but I seem to gain new insights in each.

Chriss
Dec 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
A continuation of healing and understanding from Eckhart Tolle for those who have read "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth". He gives some of his most powerful quotes on each page that can be read and re-read to emphasize the powerful messages he spoke of in his series of books.
Faye
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book for tasting bits, day by day. I did it seaside. Couldn't get a better calm spirit than with the combination of his lovely words and the slow sound of the waves in the Caribbean. Vancouver is the richer for his presence.
Logospilgrim
Jun 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Very beautiful and peaceful (the illustrations are marvelous). Gives food for "non-thought," as it were!
Juanita
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I borrow all the books I read from the library, and then buy a very few of those. I'll be buying this one so I can continue reading the meditations everyday.
Jessica
Jul 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really changes the way you look at yourself and others..
Jerry Hatrick
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is, as it says on the title, a selection of quotes from "A New Earth". I like to go back to Tolle every time I need me some "re-calibration" and I needed it badly this time. Such a Life saver this is. And, of course, it works like a charm every time. I also like "Stillness Speaks" when I need to pare it all down to the essential. You could read it in a couple of hours, and if you need it a little more elaborate than that, then "practicing the power of now" is also essential advice in a thin ...more
Kelownagurl
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I read most of this book. It's another book that my meditation instructor has read from. Thoughtful ideas.
Alaa
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It all depends on how you read it and whether you are familiar with his teachings or not.
If you read it quickly without putting any thought to it, it will all sounds too vauge and senseless and you will reach a point where you want to scream at him and say " look at this world ! this is the reality! "

however, if you read it while being fully "conscious" you might feel a bit enlightened and at peace although for me, I still have trouble comprehending some concepts. and I also felt like it didn't
Pallavi Deshpande
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book really doesnt have a start or an end so any page can be picked and read. I have not read 'A New Earth' yet but I loved this book right from its packaging, it has a golden cover and a very good feel. The author explains the difference between consciousness, awareness and the gap between the two asking the readers to look internally and sense it. Basically he dissects the layers of existence to help the reader find himself. I had to read some parts multiple times to understand it thorough ...more
Dean
Great summary type version of "A New Earth". Contains many excellent pointers that have been condensed into the work and placed in a pleasing-to-look-at volume. I actually prefer this book over 'A New Earth', since it contains many practical pointers, and less of the verbose theory, which is normally forgotten after one finishes the book. Overall, very nice, and can aid in one's meditation practices.
Mark Bennett
A distillation of his popular "A New Earth..."

Good stuff. He so reminds me of Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Killer line for me at the end of the book, "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment."

BAM!... here and now, here and now.
Taylor Smith
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joe
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are selections from his best-selling book entitled "A New Earth". I found it refreshing and helpful in my personal faith journety. there are short selections to ponder and one can pick up the book and turn to any selection for thought.
Holly
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it makes you think even more. or make you rethink about what you've done before you read this book.

there are two different things between fact and story. a situation is a fact and an emotion is a story. do you want to know why? read it.
Isla Harmon
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like Eckhart Tolle and A New Earth, then you will probably want this book. He takes the best thoughts from New Earth and puts them together in a useful way. I find an ah-ha on nearly every page. It's one I keep next to the couch for a quick pick-me-up.
Elana
Jul 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-again
I listened to the audio version two times. I am now reading the hard cover. Obviously, I am finding something of value in here - or I would not be immersing myself so.
Kim
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not read it the way it was intended. It was intended to be read in small blurts, but I read it all in one day. I am looking forward to reading A New Earth.
Renee
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any truly conscious human being
great book. Can't say enough. Have to admit I did listen to it in the car and would highly recommend this avenue of delivery.
Suntaah
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suntaah
Very interesting!! You have to be enlighten to understand what is written. What is written in not new to the knowing.
Stephanie Dube
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hawkgrrrl
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like Cliffs Notes for Eckhart Tolle! For those who want the benefits of enlightenment without the bother of having to read an entire book.
Cathi Isza
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eckart Tolle's Oneness is a treasure it's self. Easy to read, quick refresher to my beliefs and inspirational find. I'll be buying this one.
James R. C.
"Consciousness is already conscious. It is the unmanifested, the eternal. The universe, however, is only gradually becoming conscious. It was never born and does not die. When consciousness becomes the manifested universe, it appears to be subject to time and to undergo an evolutionary process."
Cristian Marrero
Nice short 10 chapters. Short ideas and synopsis from his previous work and other different belief systems.
  • Creative Thinkering: Putting Your Imagination to Work
  • The Key: A True Encounter
  • If... (Questions for the Game of Life)(If..., #1)
  • Wabi Sabi Love: The Ancient Art of Finding Perfect Love in Imperfect Relationships
  • Pagan Christmas: The Plants, Spirits, and Rituals at the Origins of Yuletide
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • Druids: A Very Short Introduction
  • Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance
  • Power Up Your Brain: The Neuroscience of Enlightenment
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • The Ghost in the First Row (The Boxcar Children, #112)
  • Dreaming: A Very Short Introduction
  • The 2012 Story: The Myths, Fallacies, and Truth Behind the Most Intriguing Date in History
  • The History of Atlantis
  • Majic Man (Nathan Heller, #11)
  • The Utterly, Completely, And Totally Useless Fact-o-pedia
  • Fat, Broke  Lonely No More: Your Personal Solution to Overeating, Overspending, and Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to 2012
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in Engla
More about Eckhart Tolle...
“The ultimate truth of who you are is not I am this or I am that, but I Am.” 11 likes
“You will enjoy any activity in which you are fully present...” 2 likes