Start by marking “Dragonswan (Dark-Hunter, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragonswan (Dark-Hunter, #1.5)

Dragonswan (Were-Hunters 0.5)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  16,195 Ratings  ·  433 Reviews
"New York Times bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon delivers a special collector's-edition tale of unexpected passion woven from the mysteries of a celebrated ancient tapestry. Beautiful scholar Channon MacRea has spent years studying the legendary Dragon Tapestry, devoting days and nights to deciphering the impenetrable Old English symbolism. Then one evening the unnatura ...more
Published September 27th 2005 by Jove Books (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dragonswan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragonswan

Carmen
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Weredragon Lovers
I hate to rate this so low. I mean, it's just a fantasy.

You're a history professor specializing in pre-Norman Britain. A gorgeous guy who's six five comes into your office and starts chatting you up. Even though you're plain-looking (?) and your shirt is misbuttoned, your socks don't match, and you're dressed like a frump, this guy finds you irresistible. He takes you out to dinner.

Instead of being intimidated by your job, you find he can quote Beowulf in Old English from memory. He walks you ba
Exina

Dragonswan is a part of the Dark-Hunterverse series, it contains references to the basic mythology of the Were Hunter series. It explains not only the origins and the roots of the conflict between the Arcadians and the Katagaria, but provides a very coherent myth behind it.
The characteristics, specialities of Arcadians and Katagaria are very interesting and logical.

Sebastian is a typical alpha hero with the appearance of a Greek god, a pinch of remorse, and some extras, such as shape-shifting a
Gavin
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This novella was not one of Kenyon's better stories. The romantic aspects of the story felt a little rushed and the story itself was more of an introduction to the were-hunters. I think I would have liked this a whole lot more if I'd read it near the start of the series. Now that I know a ton more about the were-hunters it feels a lot like Kenyon was really still developing the idea when she wrote this one.

There was no audio for this novella and I think that hurt it a bit. The Dark-Hunter books
Sita
description

This book is okay; compared to a lot of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s other books it is okay, not great but okay. Can’t say I’d recommend it, because I really didn’t like either of the characters but it is entertaining, although truthfully check out some of her other novella’s, this one really isn’t that good.

Floripiquita
Entretenido sin más.
Julianna
May 27, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon & Paranormal Romance
"3.5 stars" I found Dragonswan to be an interesting departure from Sherrilyn Kenyon's usual writing style. I admit that I have only read a handful of her stories, but of the ones I have read to date, her style seems to be a combination of humorous and touching. Dragonswan had a little of both of these characteristics, but seemed much more serious in it's presentation of the mythological angle. It is related to the Dark-Hunters series, and I think that perhaps it is meant to present some extra hi ...more
Kay
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: herps gonna derp
Recommended to Kay by: you got me at "free"
Pure romantic escapism with smexysex.

I had downloaded this for free a while ago, and randomly read it while traveling because of it was short. Which is what I recommend you do--download it for free, I mean. Because this was a typical instalust tale featuring a good-girl-but-inner-freak heroine and a highly fecund, hotter-than-your-mother's-electric-stove alpha male who is also...PART REPTILE.

I said fecund!!

My point being, this book is like 14872048 other paranormal smut on sale in bookstores. I
Renégade ♥
3 1/2 to 4 stars

"Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when roasted and taste good with ketchup."

And so begins this interesting novella that takes us on an adventure with Channon (that's Shannon spelled with a 'C') and Sebastian, who is more than he first appears to be... despite, of course, appearing to be incredibly gorgeous, intelligent, charming, with a sense of humor, as well as highly jumpable:

(view spoiler)
Fangirl Musings
Nov 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves sarcastic dry humor, awesome fight scenes, and sexy characters
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: No one; but the series was recommended by a B.A.M saleswoman
Shelves: trope-hero-tortured, trope-hero-across-the-tracks, trope-heroine-across-the-tracks, trope-hero-genius-or-cerebral, trope-fairy-tale-beauty-beast, trope-heroine-plain-or-ugly, trope-heroine-genius-or-cerebral, genre-romance-paranormal, trope-heroine-working-class, trope-hilarity-within, trope-heroine-wallflower, trope-not-your-usual-conflict, trope-lessons-in-love, trope-hero-alpha, trope-hero-in-pursuit, trope-hero-introverted, trope-heroine-misfit, trope-heroine-in-pursuit, trope-heroine-introverted, trope-heroine-tortured, trope-heroine-bluestocking, trope-pnr-fated-to-be-mated, trope-hero-jealous-protective, trope-pnr-good-v-evil, trope-pnr-adventure, trope-pnr-nonhumans, trope-heroine-alpha, trope-hero-ethnic, trope-adventure, trope-in-deception, trope-hero-misfit, trope-heroine-prim-and-proper, trope-mystery-within, trope-alt-america-europe-setting, trope-brit-american-pairing, trope-fairy-tale-ugly-duckling, trope-shhh-its-a-secret, trope-heroine-tomboy, trope-challange-bet-or-deal, trope-forbidden-love, trope-perfect-banter, trope-hero-recluse, trope-hero-deformity-scars-disabled, trope-hero-in-disguise, trope-hero-in-deception, trope-hero-job-self-made, trope-hero-knight-in-shining-armor, trope-revenge-plot, trope-hero-scorned, trope-pnr-hero-beast-shifter, trope-pnr-human-other-pairing, trope-pnr-lite, trope-pnr-heroine-human-transformed, trope-pnr-heroine-human, trope-pnr-hero-cursed, trope-pnr-hero-warlock, trope-pnr-hero-begifted, trope-pnr-hero-guardian-warrior, trope-pnr-hero-psychic, trope-pnr-shifters, trope-heroine-job-governess-teacher, trope-hero-job-warrior, trope-hero-job-bodyguard, trope-siblings-or-family-within, trope-heroine-hoyden-or-spirited, genre-romance-parahistorical, trope-pnr-hero-nonhuman, trope-hero-smitten-with-heroine, trope-mistaken-or-hidden-identity, trope-star-crossed-love, trope-hero-in-need-of-a-wife, trope-hero-rogue-or-rake-fake, trope-older-man-younger-woman, trope-hero-feels-inferior, trope-courtship-dance, trope-opposites-attract, trope-hero-ethnic-geek-roman, classified-five-stars

Read: November 1, 2013 - November 3, 2013
Read: May 3, 2010
Read: March 2007
Read: October 13 2005

DRAGONS!...Em...*Clears throat.* -DRAGONS!-

Yep! Dragons. That's, well, that's pretty much my entire review for this lovely little short story. "But, Jacquie!" as you're inevitably not screaming at me, "Is the story good? Is it bad? WHAT, DAMN IT?!" Calm down, my curious friends, for the answer is yes; yes, it's good. The characters are likable; Shannon with a C is nice, Sebastian is nice. The plot is
Ale Rivero
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Como con todas las historias cortas de la autora, esta deja con ganas de más, especialmente porque aquí Sherri nos presenta a los were dragones, y la leyenda que da origen a los were.
Sebastian es un personaje interesante del que hubiera querido ver mucho más su contexto y la relación con su hermano, y con Channon obviamente, porque a pesar de centrarse en la pareja, la historia no llega a dar para ver un desarrollo de la relación de ambos.
Y por supuesto, me encanta el tema de los viajes en el ti
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
This short story introduces the dragon shifter to the Dark Hunter series. I believe it was a short story because it only took a few pages to explain this world and I don't think a full length novel was needed. Sometimes, I see, why authors give us just a bit. To explain what they need and move on. Esp in these series. I liked the character storyline and explanation of the creation of their species. It goes into a lot of detail whereas in other novels its just a couple sentences.
Stephanie
I am trash for this trash.
Katherine 黄爱芬
Mau membaca ttg naga seksi? Buku ini adalah jawabannya. Gara-gara sebuah permadani kuno zaman Saxon - Abad Pertengahan Inggris, Channon - Sang Sejarahwan menemukan soulmate nya.

Sebastian adalah keturunan langsung dari Lycaon, ras Arkadia yg bs menjelma sbg naga. Dia membutuhkan permadani kuno itu utk tebusan kakaknya, Damos. Dan sekaligus iseng-iseng berhadiah langsung, Sebastian yg tampan dan charming merayu dan mereguk nikmatnya bercinta dgn Channon.

Namun Dewi Takdir benar-benar tidak tanggung
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Sebastian is a loner, exiled by his family to wander forever alone. Being alone is a painfully lonely thing for a dragon that loves company. He has one chance at redemption but by doing so he may lose his one chance at happiness.

Channon is a lover of history and lore so is it any surprise she's attracted to the sexy medieval man standing in front of her.

Dragonswan is the first book I've read by Sherrilyn Kenyon and I must say I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it for the most part. I thought
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The female mc's name is Channon, which I was pronouncing "Chan-on," like Channing (Tatum), but no, her name is Shannon, except spelled with a C. Hate it. A girl in college named Channon told me "I like your face" in a very aggressive manner at a party once, supposedly it was complimentary, but I found it disturbing and wondered if she was planning to cut my face off and wear it later. She did not, but it made me dislike the name. Of course, I never liked the name Shannon either.

The horrible nam
Mona
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado bastante más que "El comienzo". Aquí los personajes tienen su desarrollo y nos va explicando cosas que intuyo tendrán su importancia a lo largo de la saga. Ha habido cosas que realmente me han gustado mucho de esta pareja, pero como es lógico otras tantas no mucho.
Y es una lástima que la traducción sea tan literal, pero es lo que hay.
Tarsis
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-stars, sagas
Fue cool, pero demasiado cortito. Me quedé como... ¿ya acabó?
Carol
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like the fact that there were only 86 pages in Dragonswan because as with all SK's books, I want to keep reading about her characters. This was a story that could have have gone on and on. I loved Channon and Sebastion and their relationship. In reality, only Sherrilyn Kenyon could have created a beautiful love story in 86 pages.
This was an okay story, but I found it all very predictable. Sebastian was very domineering, and basically wanted to sweep Channon off her feet and keep her bare-foot and pregnant in a different freaking century, and she went along with it because he was so hot. And then we got a whole soul-mates/bonding type thing going on as well.
6 out of 10
Tiah
Aug 02, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why this story is part of the Dark Hunter series. It is really short which makes it hard to connect to the story and the characters. I'm not a fan of books that have characters who are perfect strangers having sex within the first chapter and then finding out they are life mated. I'm going to continue with the Dark Hunter series but this one could have totally been skipped.
Linda Todd
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-fab, got
Read this book a while a gland love it as well as the other books I have read from this wonderful author Sherilyn Kenyon so yes I would be delighted to recommend this book to my friends so as always happy reading.
N.L. Riviezzo
Very enjoyable. I was happy to get some Were-Dragon action after having read a large portion of the Dark-Hunter series. I'd like some more Were-Dragon action in the future. Say yes to Drakos! The only problem I had with the story - it was too short. I wanted some more Dragon lovin'.
Martel
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-read
What ???
She had to give up watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer in order to live with him?
Sorry, this story was just too cruel for me...
but then a nice HEA (view spoiler) occurred...;)
Chloe Friend
Cute, quick read!
Verónica
2.5 en realidad.
Si le pongo tan baja nota, no es porque la novela sea mala, si no que a mí no me gustan las novelas cortas, siempre se me quedan demasiado cortas.
Esta historia no está mal, pero los personajes no están muy bien definidos y su historia es demasiado forzada (para mí gusto) y todo ocurre de manera muy precipitada.
La verdad es que esta es una historia de la típica princesita: Se sentía sola, viene su principe azul del cual se enamora el primer día y pierde los sentidos por él para vi
Thenia
A story about dragons in the complex and expansive world of Dark-Hunters.

Channon is fascinated by a tapestry picturing a dragon and she's determined to uncover its mysteries. One day while she's studying the tapestry once again, a very handsome man appears and gives her some unexpected answers.

The two share an intense attraction, which she can't help but succumb to and so finds herself mated to a dragon shifter who ends up taking her back in time to his home.

Interesting story and a glimpse into
Jujubee
Read in the anthology Tapestry.
Reina
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¿CÓMO QUE ESO FUE TODO? ¿CÓMO QUE NO ME FALTAN OTRAS CIEN PÁGINAS?
Álex
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quanto ao mito que cerca a origem dos Arcadias e Katagaris, gostaria que tivesse sido exposto a que tipo de forças anti-naturais Lycaon, avô de Sebastian, recorreu para criar esta raça híbrida, atitude esta incapaz de ter sido prevista ou frustrada pelas Moiras, o que soou estranho, já que elas são responsáveis pelos destinos e são criaturas altamente poderosas.

Quanto ao romance, a ideia da predestinação não é algo essencialmente ruim; mas embora isto seja real, o que há é o potencial para que o
Kenyons Minions: Dragonswan BOTM 17 47 Jun 20, 2014 07:18PM
Order of Series 3 36 Dec 07, 2008 01:41PM
Kenyon Minions 1 10 Feb 11, 2008 08:08AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Fantasy (Includes: Leopard People, #1; Midnight, #0.5)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Heart of Darkness (Includes: Lords of the Underworld #4.5)
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #1)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Were-Hunters (9 books)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #17; Were-Hunter, #4; Hellchaser, #1)
  • No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter, #5)
  • The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #20; Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6; Hellchaser, #3)
  • Time Untime (Dark-Hunter #21; Hellchaser, #4; Were-Hunter, #7)
  • Son of No One (Dark-Hunter, #24; Hellchaser, #5; Were-Hunter, #8, Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Dragonbane  (Dark-Hunter #25; Lords of Avalon, #4; Were-Hunter, #9, Hellchaser, #6)
“Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup. (Sebastian)” 270 likes
“I’m here because I know the sadness inside you. I know what it feels like to wake in the morning, lost and lonely and aching for someone to be there with me. (Sebastian)” 59 likes