Start by marking “Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry” as Want to Read:
Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry

Bead on a Wire: Making Handcrafted Wire and Beaded Jewelry

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Make a fashion statement with your own beautiful handcrafted jewelry!

Packed with techniques, projects, and insider tips, Bead on a Wire is all you need to make stunning beaded wire jewelry. Author Sharilyn Miller shares her enthusiasm, experience and expertise to make this book a must-have for jewelry-makers of all skill levels. So, whether you're beginning your first bra
Published July 26th 2005 by North Light Books

To ask other readers questions about Bead on a Wire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bead on a Wire

Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jewelry-making
This is a great book. Even if you are not new to wire and bead jewelry, this book will teach you great, new ideas. Definitely a keeper for referencing great ideas in wire-working. I love this book and recommend it! Easy to read, easy to follow, and this author makes things that last! I've had some books with designs that break, but not these. These designs are ones you'll make and keep for a good while. I've had this book for years but I'm new to Goodreads, so I just had to come on here and writ ...more
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jewelry-making
A good book on a better wire jewelry making, unlike the plain common one. With flattening by a hammer and antiquing in the liver of sulfur.

Artist's jewelry making style is opposite to my taste, too heavy and busy looking, but the techniques are priceless for general education, in case you ever will need to get this effect. I already was wondering how they did that flat wire wrap around focal bead, and here it is.

Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I don't really add books like this to my account but I had to return it to the library and want to make sure I never forget it. Pretty much all of the jewelry in here was so gorgeous and it looked so simple to make and has inspired me to start making my own jewelry for sure.
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jewelry-making
This is the BEST book I've found about creating wire jewelry. BEST book EVER. It gives really, really clear steps on how to create wire jewelry and findings and clasps. Lots of awesome projects too. I hate that I have to take this book back to the library. I really do. I love it too much.
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Very clear and useful instructions, although did not find projects very attractive.
Dec 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jewelry-how-to
I have an interest in jewelry making with wire and saw this book got good reviews on It IS an excellent book for beginners (plus some cool projects for all diff levels)--it stresses precision and craftsmanship which I like :) I am, however, reading a few other jewelry-making books and finding that it's best to put all the knowledge together as 1) this book is almost 6 years old and jewelry-making has boomed since then and 2) there are sooo many opinions, tips and techniques out there ...more
Altivo Overo
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in jewelry design and construction
Shelves: beadwork
Clear and precise, well-illustrated guide. The author breaks down wire-bending and beading into procedures such as "making a wire link" or "making an eye pin" and then illustrates the way in which these procedures can be connected to create an entire project such as a bracelet or earrings. Easy to follow, reasons usually given for why things are done a certain way. The sample projects are attractive and mostly uncomplicated. I'd recommend this highly to anyone interested in the construction of w ...more
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This is an excellent book, not only for the clear, concise instructions and excellent photos, but also for inspiration! I've become a fan of Sharilyn Miller's style, it's very much like my own style, and I enjoy her books immensely. It's also a good reference book for techniques. I highly recommend this book!
Oct 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If you are interested in learning about wire and beaded jewelry this book is great. It has wonderful photos. The instructions are clear. The designs and techniques shown are the current trends in handcrafted jewelry. I refer to this book time after time. Whether I need to make a handmade clasp or I need inspiration to start something new, this book helps me to be creative.
Lee Koopman
Apr 15, 2010 rated it liked it
A great book for beginners. I'm an old hand with wire but I did find one thing that I wanted to make. Most of the projects are really basic but there are nice patterns and the instructions are very clear
Sep 28, 2010 rated it liked it
The author's designs are beautiful, and the list of tools exhaustive and helpful. However, she does everything but smelt her own metal wire. I was really looking for more of a beginners guide. The author's metal work with several of the projects is extensive; I just want to thread beads.
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting
Excellent instructions and explanations. A great book for beginners, also a good reference for the experienced. Not all of the projects are terribly attractive but they all involve versatile elements that are great leaping off points for experimentation.
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
This is a great book for beginners, but you can find most everything there in other, more comprehensive and interesting books.
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
best bead/wire how to book out there IMHO!
Dec 13, 2012 added it
Shelves: beading

Good basic wire techniques.
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jewelry
Extremely useful techniques presented in a way easy to follow. I've already made some of the things explained here.
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: jewelry designers and those eager to learn more about all areas of jewelry design
This jewelry design book is a classic, and for anyone who wants to understand wire work better, it is a must have, in my opinion!
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Highly illustrated step-by-step instructions and techniques to make professional-looking saleable handmade jewelry. Discusses and carefully pictures the use of specialty tools.
Tammy Powley
Mar 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: wire/metal workers
Carmin Denney
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Teach Yourself Visually Jewelry Making and Beading
  • Jewelry Making & Beading For Dummies
  • Altered Books, Collaborative Journals, and Other Adventures in Bookmaking
  • Mastering Beadwork by Cypher, Carol Huber ( Author ) ON Jun-01-2007, Spiral bound
  • Craftivity: 40 Projects for the DIY Lifestyle
  • Making Polymer Clay Beads
  • Anticraft: Knitting Beading & Stitching for the Slightly Sinister
  • 1,000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear, and Art
  • Steampunk Style Jewelry: Victorian, Fantasy, and Mechanical Necklaces, Bracelets, and Earrings
  • Mod Podge Rocks!: Decoupage Your World
  • Inner Excavation: Exploring Your Self Through Photography, Poetry and Mixed Media
  • The Crafter's Guide to Taking Great Photos: The Best Techniques for Showcasing Your Handmade Creations
  • The Collage Workbook: How to Get Started and Stay Inspired
  • Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
  • Journal It!: Perspectives in Creative Journaling
  • P.S.- I Made This . . .: I See It. I Like It. I Make It.
  • World of Geekcraft: Step-by-Step Instructions for 25 Super-Cool Craft Projects
  • The Big-Ass Book of Home Décor: More than 100 Inventive Projects for Cool Homes Like Yours

Nonfiction Deals

• A Room of One's Own
  • Life in a Medieval City
  • Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Weekends at Bellevue: Nine Years on the Night Shift at the Psych E.R.
  • Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be