Start by marking “Freedom, Inc.: Free Your Employees and Let Them Lead Your Business to Higher Productivity, Profits, and Growth” as Want to Read:

Freedom, Inc.: The Free your Employees and Let Them Lead Your Business to Higher Productivity, Profits, and Growth by Brian M. Carney. Crown Pub,2009
Published October 13th 2009 by Crown Business (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, Inc., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom, Inc.

Geert Hofman
I read this book after having read the book of Frederic Laloux "Reinventing Organizations". It seems those 2 have a lot of examples in common. Both books are quite inspiring and are hope giving when considering possible futures of labor and meaningful jobs.

I must say reading this book made the work of Laloux somewhat less impressive as I think much of the work done here has just been copied by him. This book has the surplus advantage that it is less speculative. While Laloux tries to fit everyt
Guillaume
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entrepreneuriat
Excellent livre sur l'organisation des entreprises "libérées". Il n'existe pas de schéma précis ou de martingale pour la meilleure organisation. Mais celle décrite dans ce livre, celles des entreprises "pourquoi" face aux entreprises "comment" fait partie des plus humaines et présentant le meilleur bon sens et la plus proche du principe de réalité. JF Zobrist de FAVI, Bill Gore (Gore-tex), ... font partie de ces entrepreneurs qui ont su dépasser les organisations top-down, hiérarchiques à organi ...more
Oana Juncu
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the most inspiring books about management as empowerment of people that are skilled to create value to decide and take ownership.
My favorite quotes:
"Trust costs less than control"
The job of the manager is take care of people's future, they are skilled to manage the present by themselves. "
Ilya
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The best non-fiction non-technical book I've read since "Influencer". Awesome.
Jiří
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Knížka plná příběhů o liberálních leaderech, kteří se rozhodli vystoupit ze stojatých vod hierarchického managementu. Ukazuje jak řešit určité bolístky tradičních firem s hierarchickou struktůrou a zároveň to neprezentují jako všelék. Vše má své pro a proti a nakonec z toho vzejde (ostatně jako pokaždé), že je to víc o lidech.

V knize je taktéž krásně popsáno proč liberalizační pokusy v korporacích selhávají, aneb je to změna, která vytvoří jinou firmu leč se stejným názvem. Ukazují s jakou lehko
Mickaël A
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really enlighting book about the company world. You will never see companies, and its workers, the same way. This book became instantly a reference to me after reading it. I highly recommend it!
Mimi Somsanith
Feb 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: few-good-reads
From challenging insights to paradoxes, Freedom Inc clarifies how the need for individual dignity and power of a freed work environment can move companies toward profitable and happy success in a manner that's not solely "subordinated to bottom line considerations." Half of the book reiterates the same lessons and some stories can be skimmed over, but the impact of the lessons delivered should not be underestimated. Towards the end chapters, I started having ideas before I read them! Such a Deja ...more
Mayka12
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Davy Rey
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it
"Freedom, Inc" is a book about charismatic leaders who took their companies through the process of freedom: organisation chart abolition, equality of rights and treatments among employees and human capital development. Very inspiring for managers and organization gurus.

However, this is the sort of book that doesn't provide much more explanation than the article it came from. You can find this root article in the final section of the book, all the previous chapters are a mix of success stories. T
Mario Sailer
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like many other books of this kind, there are a lot of stories, some more others less inspiring. All together it is a very good book and it is way's better than some others I have read about this subject.
However, what I miss are the underlying principles, why freeing employees leads to higher productivity. Because if you have a closer look at this subject you will notice that this statement is not true for all businesses and all environments. Without an explanation of this principles that are mu
Christophe Addinquy
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tous les chefs d'entreprise
Recommended to Christophe by: Laurent Sarrazin
Shelves: stoos, management
This book is the outcome of a long research, but it's delivered as a series of stories telling, interviews and analysis. It's all about seeing and managing companies in a very different ways. It's disruptive. So much disruptive that many companies claim to go this way without understanding the consequences. The book is hard to summarize. It's an easy and inspirational read.
ma note de lecture en français ici
crystAlex
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very good book, but quite surprised to find that it shares 75% of its examples/cases/stories with Laloux' Reinventing Organisations, yet it was written a few years before it. Even more surprised never to have come across comments regarding this. Basically, the same main characters (Favi, Sun, Harley...), the same anecdotes, but structured in a different way. Didn't mind reading them again, and still hoping to participate in spreading this word!
Brian
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on how to utilize the principles of freedom in the business environment to allow your employees to maximize their potential and achieve rewarding results for themselves and the business. Many great examples and tools from leading companies that have embraced Freedom and respect for the individual as their guiding principles. Highly recommended!
Samantha Carney
Feb 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Now, of course I am reading this book! ;-) And It's hard to say what page I'm on because I've been reading it in bits and pieces here and there as it was written. I highly suggest this book as a gift for your boss, that is, if you are displeased with him or her. ;-)
Lucie Cesarová
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I love this book to bits. I always thought something like this would work and as a HR person I want to help to make this happen in more companies around here.
Jan
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Podivín a Štěstí doručeno mě bavilo víc, ale tohle mělo širší záběr a dostal se mi obraz svobody v práci v souvislostech. Určitě doporučuju si tuhle knížku z trilogie Peoplecommu nechat na konec.
Theodore Kinni
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's great to see empowerment back in vogue. Good stories based on interviews, lots of valuable lessons.
Nathaniel Richand
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must read.
It will definitively change me and I hope help me transform enterprise for the better.
Maxime
Jun 08, 2013
Alex Deane
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Corner Office: Indispensable and Unexpected Lessons from Ceos on How to Lead and Succeed
  • Het weekend van 7 dagen
  • Leading from the Emerging Future: From Ego-System to Eco-System Economies
  • Commitment
  • Managers Not MBAs: A Hard Look at the Soft Practice of Managing and Management Development
  • Up the Organization: How to Stop the Corporation from Stifling People and Strangling Profits
  • Toyota Talent: Developing Your People the Toyota Way
  • Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Achieve More
  • Measuring & Managing Performance in Organizations
  • Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom
  • The Firm, the Market, and the Law
  • Betterness: Economics for Humans
  • Living the 80/20 Way: Work Less, Worry Less, Succeed More, Enjoy More
  • Winning: The Answers: Confronting 74 of the Toughest Questions in Business Today
  • The Human Side of Enterprise
  • FDR's Folly: How Roosevelt and His New Deal Prolonged the Great Depression
  • Freedomnomics: Why the Free Market Works and Other Half-baked Theories Don't
  • What Matters Now: How to Win in a World of Relentless Change, Ferocious Competition, and Unstoppable Innovation