Start by marking “Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) (Junie B. Jones, #25)” as Want to Read:

Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) (Junie B. Jones #25)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  3,955 Ratings  ·  196 Reviews
Barbara Park’s New York Times bestselling chapter book series, Junie B. Jones, is a classroom favorite and has been keeping kids laughing—and reading—for more than twenty years. Over 60 million copies in print and now with a bright new look for a new generation!

Meet the World’s Funniest First Grader—Junie B. Jones! It’s holiday time, and Room One is doing lots of fun th
Published November 19th 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 27th 2005)

Patti
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Junie B. Jones is facing her 1st grade class Christmas “Secret Santa” challenge. And oh what a challenge that is because the worst thing ever happens – Junie B. is the last to choose a name and it turns out to be her dreaded obnoxious rival, May.

Funny, delightful, and full of fun is this story of Christmas for a classroom full of 1st. graders. No hesitations or glossy sweetness blanket Mr. Scary’s students, they are just a bunch of 6 yr. olds that are hilariously normal. Yes, after my 18+ years
Lindi
Dec 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, indy-girl
I love Junie B.! Here's just a little taste:

"'My father says that friends should never borrow money from each other.' [says May]

"I clapped my hands real thrilled. 'Then it's perfect!' I said 'Cause I you and I aren't friends! I don't even like you, May! Plus listen to this! I'm not even borrowing the money! You're just giving it to me! And I'm not paying you back!'

"May made a mad face at me. Then she quick put her wallet away again.

"I slumped way down in my seat. And I tapped my fingers on my d
Erika
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya
The book was okay but the picture in the back of the author with her golden retriever earned the biggest star.
Jodi
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young readers
Courtney
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Can I just say that I loved Junie B. Jones (and you better not forget the B) when I was a younger child, and I love even more reading these stories to my children as they enjoy them as well.

In this story, we learned that Junie B. learned a valuable lesson about being "shellfish" or selfish. Ha. I think each story that we read not only teaches my children lessons that they will one do go through but they also teaches values and goodwill. Yes the stories can be silly, yes Junie B. has an attitude,
Julie
This was a fun read. Had some LOL moments.
Christina
Aug 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The disrespect for other people around this character, peers and adults alike is disappointing. How do we expect children to read stories like this and then treat the people around them in a polite and respectful manner.

Let me quote a few instances found in this book:

"Dear Blabbermouth May: My name is Junie B. Jones. How come you can't remember B's? Huh, May? Huh? Are you a block-head or something?"

...in response to the teacher correcting her grammar.
"I threw my head back. "For the love of Pete
Mara E
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book Junie B.,First grader Jingle bells, batman smells (P.S. So does May.)and it was a great story it was very interesting I didn't want to stop reading it!!!

I really liked how at the end it was making you think what will Junie B. Jones give to May as a Secret Santa. In the beginning May and Junie B. jones were fighting all the time. When Mr.scary told Junie B. Jones to pick the last name that was in the basket Junie wasn't happy because she was not going to pick a name she had to ge
Annette
Dec 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Junie B. fans
I checked this out on CD from the library. The girls and I listened to it together. It's classic Junie B. Jones only better. It's hilariously funny and it has a wonderful message as well. After we listened to it we talked about the golden rule. I highly recommend this book to all Junie B. Jones fans!
Azalea
These books are filled wit humor and are VERY FUNNy i really LUV THEM nd i read the whole series i luv temmmm!!! nd she is a really good author i really luv all her books their GR8!...... luv junie b jonesss
Lisa
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the FUNNIEST of them all. OMG. That girl May that picks on her and her teacher Mr. Scarey. You gotta read this one, if not to a kid, just to the kid inside you. It also has a really nice message.
Lizzie
Jan 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was VERY funny!
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This kid is awesome. I was crackin up the whole time reading to Nora. Good stuff.
Destiny Sanderson
this is such a cute story
Steph
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I don't know if I should admit this, but it's my first Junie B. Jones book. Funny and sweet. I ended up reading it to the family on Christmas Eve and we all enjoyed it.
Jesse
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Junie B kindergarten books are far more charming than her first grade adventures. If anything, Junie has regressed in character in many ways after the trials and tribulations of Kinder which should have resulted in a wiser, better child.

Her friend Lucille had become a full-on snob, which has it's humorous moments, but one knows she is either actually in the top 1% due to her parents, or she will spend her adult life scuffling to become one of the "elites". She will likely fail, end up poor,
Courtney
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017

Cris
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kiddo who is currently reading serial books for fluency seems to be interested enough in this series to keep asking for more installments, however her reviews are not unmixed. She is a mature eight-year-old and finds that the children in this series are portrayed as funny when they are being rude to each other and to adults. She likes the complexity of the characters but dislikes the constant use of the word stupid. While the conclusions of the June books do tend to impart good character less ...more
Samantha
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this comedic novel, first-grader Junie B. Jones participates in her first game of “Secret Santa” with her classmates, only to end up drawing the name of dreaded-rival May. Junie B. does not want to show goodwill to someone who continually makes fun of her throughout the series, and she certainly does not want to buy this person a gift. Yes, Junie B. has an attitude, and yes, she believes the word “selfish” is in fact “shellfish.” Yet it is in author Barbara Park’s authentic approach at portra ...more
Foreign Grid
This was my favorite book out of the series just because of the song

Jingle bells,
Batman smells,
Robin laid an egg.
Batmobile
Lost its wheel,
And Joker got away!

and the line "butts where they don't belong"

Can't remember much else of it though (I read it in elementary) so I can't recommend it otherwise
Sheri S.
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Junie B. Jones and her classmate, May, do not get along and this is very apparent to everyone in her class. When Junie B. draws May's name in a Secret Santa gift exchange, Junie B. is very disappointed! She does not want to show goodwill to someone she despises so much...June B. has a plan for what she wants to give May...This book is another fun story in the life of Junie B.!
Elizabeth
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I enjoyed this one Junie picks the girl she doesn't get a long with when they draw names for secret Santa. She's upset and decides she'll ruin her day by giving her coal but then ends up doing the right thing in the end. A good one to read to the kiddos.
Delaney States
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: el230
I chose a few Junie B. Jones books because they were my absolute favorite to read as a kid. My mom would read them to me at night when I was in first grade. When I learned how to read them myself I read them nonstop. I chose this book because Junie Jones is a fun relatable character for kids.
Alison
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Squeeze-a-burp!
Hannah Russell
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally some resolution with May. But don't worry, not enough to spoil the fun.
Catherine
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a lot of LOLs :)
Brad Cramer
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Always enjoy reading these with my kids
Robin
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, j-fic
Hilarious and reads aloud beautifully (even in July...). One drawback- I am a *little* perplexed about the decidedly nonsecular holiday policy at what I have always assumed to be a public school.
Esmeralda
cute story
Caught Between Pages
The nostalgia this book brought back is almost worth a full 5 stars... I grew up reading Barbara Park books when I was around the age Junie B is when she gets up to her shenanigans. I love it.
  • Horrible Harry and the Drop of Doom
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • Amber Brown Is Feeling Blue
  • Pirate Princess
  • The Holly Joliday (Judy Moody & Stink, #1)
  • Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)
  • Ivy and Bean: Doomed to Dance (Ivy and Bean, #6)
  • Never Swipe a Bully's Bear (Roscoe Riley Rules, #2)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
Barbara Park received over 40 awards for her books, including 25 Children's Choice awards.

Park was the daughter of a merchant and a secretary, Doris and Brooke Tidswell. She grew up in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey. From 1965 to 1967, she attended Rider College, later finishing her B.S. in 1969 at the University of Alabama. She married Richard A. Park in 1969. She lived in Phoenix, Arizona for
More about Barbara Park

Junie B. Jones (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2)
  • Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3)
  • Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Junie B. Jones, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake (Junie B. Jones, #5)
  • Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones, #6)
  • Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (Junie B. Jones, #7)
  • Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed (Junie B. Jones, #8)
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal (Junie B. Jones, #10)