Start by marking “Golf My Way” as Want to Read:
Golf My Way

Golf My Way

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  330 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Hailed as a classic and read everywhere golf is played, Golf My Way has sold more than 2 million copies worldwide since it was first published in 1974.

Finally, Jack Nicklaus, golf's leading master, definitively covers the whole of his game through a lifetime of greatness. Golf My Way presents an all-inclusive, A-to-Z explanation of how this greatest of champions thinks abo
Published November 1st 2007 by Simon Schuster (first published March 15th 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Golf My Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Golf My Way

T.J. Beitelman
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Golf My Way is a classic of golf instruction, but truth be told, it’s pretty dumb to think any book can teach you how to play golf like Jack Nicklaus in his prime. So much of what makes any truly elite, once-in-a-generation athlete worth emulating has so little to do with anything you can put into words. It’s all about pathology, really — pathological competitiveness, pathological attention to detail, pathological confidence — and you either have it or you don’t.

That said, there are two lesson
Joseph
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Golf My Way collects a career's worth of observations on Nicklaus' own golf swings, as well as those of other notables from his own time and prior to his dominance of the sport. The analysis is very well detailed and easily applicable to the reader's own.

It connects well with Ben Hogan's own book on the fundamentals of golf in the same folksy manner of presentation and simplicity. A definite classic in terms of laying down the fundamentals of golf, in order to create a foundation on which to bui
Alan Livingston
Another book I read long ago as a kid fascinated with golf. Another book I carried with me for years until, like everything else, it vanished into the Gulf of Mexico in 2005's Hurricane Katrina. Another book I must get another copy for my shelf, and re-read to once again marvel at the genius of Jack Nicklaus.
Peter Romão
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable eye opener.

Whoever shows some want towards unlocking the secrets behind whatever makes or helps make greatness will find a lot of gems in this exposition. Truly honest writing and a love for sharing in Mr. Nicklaus makes me believe that passing on knowledge without any form of payback involved is paramount in the way we should live our lives. Well done!
FranklinTV
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sport
I read this endlessly when I was a young golfer. A brilliant book on how to swing and how to think. I even use the concept today, in that when I get in to a bit of bother, I ask myself: "What would Jack Nicklaus do now; if he had a swing like mine".
Brian Imeson
My father in law bought me this book for Christmas one year. If you like golf, this book is for you... It is a truly timeless book in the sport of golf.
Darrin Haslem
Sep 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Jack's story, and reading about how he developed his game. Great pointers throughout with particular stress on fundamentals.
Mark
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
instructional
Charlie
a must read for everyone. especially people who hate Golf and the folks that play it!
Drobg62
Apr 21, 2015
  • And If You Play Golf, You're My Friend: Further Reflections of a Grown Caddie
  • How I Play Golf
  • The Masters: Golf, Money, and Power in Augusta, Georgia
  • American Triumvirate: Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, and the Modern Age of Golf
  • Arnie and Jack: Palmer, Nicklaus, and Golf's Greatest Rivalry
  • Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game
  • Payne Stewart: The Authorized Biography
  • The Greatest Player Who Never Lived: A Golf Story
  • Who's Your Caddy?: Looping for the Great, Near Great, and Reprobates of Golf
  • Slouching Toward Fargo: A Two-Year Saga Of Sinners And St. Paul Saints At The Bottom Of The Bush Leagues With Bill Murray, Darryl Strawberry, Dakota Sadie And Me
  • Tim McCarver's Baseball for Brain Surgeons and Other Fans: Understanding and Interpreting the Game So You Can Watch It Like a Pro
  • The Curse of the Bambino

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Queens Consort: England's Medieval Queens from Eleanor of Aquitaine to Elizabeth of York
    $9.99 $2.99
  • As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning: A Memoir (The Autobiographical Trilogy Book 2)
  • An Appeal to the World: The Way to Peace in a Time of Division
    $13.99 $1.99
“relatively wide stance—about the width of my shoulders between my heels—and gradually narrow it as the clubs shorten and the swing force decreases, to probably only 6 inches with the wedge. I effect this narrowing simply by moving the right foot closer to the left. In that way I maintain a constant relationship of the ball to my left heel. As I narrow my stance, I also “open” it by setting my left foot” 0 likes