Start by marking “The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)

The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction #2)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  561 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
It's Christmastime in London, and unwittingly Grace is swirled into the sumptuous and scandalous world of Prince Maksim Rostov. When the unworldly secretary learns he took her innocence in exchange for a business deal, she flees broken-hearted.

But when Maksim discovers Grace's pregnancy secret, the ruthless Russian drags her to his guarded mansion in snowy Moscow. There he
Paperback, Modern Romance, #906, 192 pages
Published October 2nd 2009 by Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Love-Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Love-Child

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Wow. A really good Harlequin Presents novel is a great tension-releaser for me. This one counts on my list. Plus, brownie points for the sexy Russian hero. Okay, he was a jerk at times, but he was a jerk who fell in love, had to deal with his conscience kicking in after twenty years, and manned up when he was supposed to. That's my kind of jerk.

I've noticed that Ms. Lucas has the heroes who are really into the whole, "I'll fix you. I'll marry you and make you pay," school of revenge. Okay, I th
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved this story.

Well-written, great story line and fabulous settings.
Whilst I felt at times that Grace was a bit of a twit and Prince Maksim a bit of a twit as well…..I did like them.

I am not a huge fan of Russian heroes but Prince Maksim was more than just the usual brooding, dark and over the top domineering billionaire. He turned out to be a really lovable guy.

And even Grace, the heroine, falls under his spell despite thinking that she’s in love with her boss, who is actually Maksim’s ar
Jenny
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was passionate, heart-wrenching and poignant. Yes the hero was a jerk at times but also complex. The heroine was the most lovable sweet and honest heroine I've ever read. I loved how opposites these two were and how in the end Grace's unconditional selfless love pulled him out of darkness changed him completely and made him a better man/father. The angst, the fighting, the revenge, the heartbreak and finally the HEA had me on the edge of my seat. I didn't want it to end. Really amazing ...more
Dianna
Vintage
Oh dear. Martyr alert.

We have a sweetheart on our hands. A sweet little rabbit with a big bad Russian wolf at her door. To make matters worse, Grace the h isn't even love with him (yet). She's in love with the other asshat in the story; her boss and the Russian wolf's ache enemy and stealer of trophy fiancees. The asshat boss that Grace loves has her live in his basement so she's available to fax 24/7, and still has her pay rent. And listen Grace, clothes count when you are an Executive Assistan
Mou
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
A typical HP.

#TSTLheroine
#HeroAssholeManipulative
#OWDrama

At the end, An average read.
Chantal ❤️
This was an awesome story. The hero was jerk almost all the way but some moments he was sweet. The end has them both coming together in a scene that was something out of a classic movie except she does not leave on a plane. Wow she was so strong and he was so confused by his emotions. I loved it another winner for Jennie.
Lynsey A
Another enjoyable read by Jennie Lucas. She has become a favorite hp author of mine. Her books keep my interest where I don't want to put them down. That makes a good one for me.

The heroine, Grace was a bit of a doormat and she knew it but it didn't annoy me enough to dislike her. I didn't like her constant belief that Maksim was cheating on her with Francesca. However, she was sweet, kind and selfless.

Maksim seemed pretty hard in the beginning but he had a crappy childhood that made him bitter
Booklover
Good read,it was intense emotional full of tension,the story was good but i had problems with characters,i wish Grace was shown to be a little strong character instead of such a doormat.Maksim's cruelty and cold behaviour sometimes was unreasonable,yes Grace insulted him and did not believe him but how can he be angry at her,he lied and when later things changed for him he should have come clean but he never did which resulted in so many misunderstandings.But inspite of all the hurdles they mana ...more
MelissaB
The heroine was a twit with no self esteem and the hero was an ass. Parts of the story were okay but others were kind of dumb and could have been written better.
Emona
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Emona by: Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Shelves: favourites
Jennie Lucas has a way of making you feel in a place you're lost in brooding emotions and suspense, but left satisfied amidst this roller-coaster of passion and sentiments of hate, anger and revenge.
You actually relate to the characters, and feel their chemistry.
If you are looking for a sweet story to just curl up with, I would definitely recommend
The Christmas Love-Child.
(view spoiler)
Aayesha Khatri

This rating does not mean that the book was awful, it was in fact wonderfully written with 3-dimensional characters who make mistakes and a very well-though out plot with lots of twists and turns and angst. It's just that I didn't find this book to my liking.

Reading this book, I found myself so confused and conflicted regarding the characters and the plot. I loved Grace's innocence and her good heart, yet I hated that she was so infatuated with her boss (not the hero. He was an ass, and
Paula Legate
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
I loved the buildup of this story and the characters. Most books I read jumps straight into the story, this story however was like a slow walk in a beautiful park. It gave lots of details, and the suspense was really great. There were a few times I wanted to jump ahead to see what happened, but I was a good girl, and waited.
The budding romance between Grace and Maksim was so sweet. He wanted to buy her gifts, and spend money on her, and the only thing she ever wanted was his love.

They had a fi
Susan (susayq ~)
3.5 stars. Another quick easy read. My main problem was that Maksim didn't tell her how he felt about her. She left him cause she thought he'd betrayed her and she saw him with his ex. Rather than trying to make her believe him, he chose to storm off. But wait! He changed his mind and insisted they get married cause he found she was preggo. Did he tell her he loved her? No. Did he try to convince her what she saw wasn't how it was? No. Did he even act like he likes her? No. He was a prideful jer ...more
Tia
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this years back, the hero was a first class idiot at times but oh did he make my heart and the heroines go pitter patter. Definitely a worthy read.
lily waheed
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
those 2 made me cry
Janie
Rating: 5 stars.

This is my most reread Harlequin book to date. Since 2011, I always read the from chapter 9 and onwards. I would read this at least 4-5 times a month! And before that, I would read it every other day. Why, you ask? Well, chapters 9 and onwards are where most of the angst, jerkiness and pain filled moments are in. By Chapter 10 and 11 the waterworks have started and tears really flow. This shows how great this book.

Grace was a wonderful, sweet and self sacrificing heroine, the typ
IamGamz
2.5 Stars

This Christmas story made me feel like Scrooge - bah humbug!

Grace had an affair with her Maoism, boss' rival, and told him sensitive information that led to him winning a huge business deal. After first finding out that Maksim betrayed her, Grace learned that she was pregnant. Maksim forces her to marry him but goes out of his way to make her miserable.

I didn't love this book. I wanted to, but the story just didn't catch my attention. I didn't like either of the characters and the stor
Raman Chopra
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Ummm. This is the first book i have read from the publisher. It was casually mentioned by a close one and got my attention and so i decided to give it a shot. :P

Well, its a light reading erotica. It's well written and the story has a a good flow. I enjoyed the colorful and descriptive writing style. It did get predictable at times, but then again, its a romantic novel written a long time ago...

A good read at the end, i enjoyed it ;)
Ashley M Minor
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Good.

I just started reading Harlequin novels. And I must say that this is a very good one. The dark, brooding, passionate man in this story pushed his emotions to the limit. He pushed hers even further. I loved every minute of this story and finished it in less than 3 hours.
April
Dec 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, massmarket, sold
I would give this book 3.5 stars. It was a little predictible but I like stories set at Christmas and it was an enjoyable read.
Jenny
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it because he actually went after her and try to get her back. which is not something that happens often on these books.
Jules
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book...I got this one through my local library at overdrive.com and could not put it down...Finished it just after midnight.
Diah Didi
it was a quick read, but with great emotinal tension.
love the theme even more. Thanks to Ping who recommended it to me.
Now I can't wait for my friend, Vita, to read it, too. :D
Michelle
May 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
The heroine's (I don't remember her name) constant assumptions about her husband's infidelity irked me.
Jacqueline
Fairly decent. It started slow. The heroine was a bit too naïve for words. The hero made some over reacting leaps. But all in all readable.
Suhaani
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ana
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-romance, alpha
loved the book, but the end...i really don't like public declarations of love.
Samantha Brown
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not what you expect....

You have two people that have things against them from the start. But then they slowly find their way back to each other.
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife (International Billionaires, #1)
  • Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #1)
  • One Last Night
  • The Greek Tycoon's Defiant Bride (The Rich, the Ruthless and the Really Handsome, #2)
  • Prince of Scandal
  • His Royal Love-Child (Royal Brides, #4; Scorsolini Princes, #2)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy
  • The Markonos Bride
  • Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire
  • The Society Wife
  • Chosen as the Frenchman's Bride
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere ...more
More about Jennie Lucas...

Snow, Satin and Seduction (4 books)
  • The Millionaire's Christmas Wife (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Royal Baby, Forbidden Marriage (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Bedded at the Billionaire's Convenience