Start by marking “Somebody's Lover (The Jackson Brothers, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Somebody's Lover (The Jackson Brothers, #1-3)

Somebody's Lover (The Jackson Brothers #1-3)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  260 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
From NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Jasmine Haynes comes a heart-wrenching family saga, The Jackson Brothers, now in a 3-book bundle including Somebody’s Lover, Somebody’s Ex, and Somebody’s Wife.

A family torn apart by tragedy...

Three years ago, Lou Jackson, the eldest, died in a work accident. And nothing has been the same since for the Jackson family. They los
Published June 27th 2006 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Somebody's Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somebody's Lover

Mei
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
It's not that I didn't like the book, I did.
It has a very hot moments, very weel done: I could just feel the scorching heat between H and h. *wink*
I understood also the problems they were facing, but this was drugged out too much. It could have been soved before with a little bit of talk between all. It's a typical "misunderstanding/taboo" kind of book.
Mimi
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of the three brothers, I liked David's story the best. It presented in a straightforward and funny way how David and Randi's relationship grows. Each of the three stories illustrated how Lou's death affected the remaining three brothers and how, ultimately, each of them comes to terms with the loss of their oldest brother. There is a lot of steamy sex built around each of the three relationships. A fast read.
Julie Ramsey
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Somebody's Lover
Jackson brothers book 1
Product Details
The Jackson family has lost a member. Lou's death has hit the family hard and no one feels it worse than Taylor. Mom of two and now widowed, she struggles with what she wants in life now with him gone. She is a young woman and wants to feel the touch of a man again. But feels like she may be cheating on Lou's memory, even after 3 yrs. So maybe she can pick up someone and have some meaningless sex and just get it out of her system.

Jase the you
Jessica Alcazar
Here we have 3 separate stories all about the Jackson brothers and their love life. But it's really about all FOUR brothers (one being deceased).
Lou's death affected all three brothers differently and his death plays a major role in all their stories.
"Somebody's Lover": Jace Jackson's story. This was such a happy story for me. Classic baby brother always had a crush on big brother's girlfriend (now widow) story. And now he has a chance to make her his. This was steamy and funny and probably the
Marsha
Great looking men and women, hard-core, molten sex and passionate hook-ups. What more could anyone want? Well, modern-day erotica often brings more to the table and this trio of stories has more than its fair share of angst.

When a death in the family occurs, certain members close up, shut out their partners and retreat into their separate corners to lick their wounds, sulk or brood. The author shows that while wild sex is never unwelcome, it doesn’t necessarily fix problems. The erotica is never
Lorraine Lesar
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me of the old Mills and Boon books, but with very hot sex and two very engaging characters. The storyline is fairly basic - Taylor's husband died, leaving her behind and her two boys. Her husband's family are really supportive but she is a woman and has a woman's needs! I won't spoil anything, but will tell you, that her husbands brother not only offers but also provides for her needs! This leads to many problems within the family, especially as no one talks about her husbands ...more
Jeanny
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like to mix kids with my erotica but in this book it worked. The kids are used as an effective plot device. They helped flesh out Taylor & kept the plot moving forward.

Taylor has been a widow for 3 years has two kids & is lonely, reasonably so. She drops off her two kids at her mother in laws home on a non-school night, dolls herself up, & rides out of town to a bar for the sole purpose of seducing herself into a man's pants. This is extremely out of character for Taylor but
Mariana
PepsiGirl
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alright, let me just say, this was not what I expected. I, of course, had preconceived ideas about what kind of a story this would be but the depth of this story, well it took me by surprise. The emotional aspect of this story it just seemed to be believable and not in the story book way. The travesty that nearly tore this family apart, though implied, really was under the surface with the way they all tip toed around their true feelings. With Jace suffering from survivors guilt and feeling that ...more
Kathrynn
Try as I might, I could not get interested in any of the three stories--all related and by the same author.

1. "Somebody's Lover"
Just didn't add up. The heroine needed to get on with her life after being a widow for 3+ years, but the husband's extended family kept tabs on her with two brothers secretly drooling over her. When she finally takes action in her own hands and gets busted by a brother....well. For a woman who was apprehensive--initially--that didn't last long. I found her too aggress
Mahlet
Jul 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, own, anthology
The first and longest story of the anthology, Somebody's Lover, was by far my favorite, and alone, worth the price of the book. The chemistry, hot sex, and angst over guilt (Taylor is Somebody's Lover alright, but he happens to be her dead husband's brother!)....all the sneaking around and lying and lunch break "delights" ;) Tons of fun!

When I got into Somebody's Ex, for a moment, I did contemplate finishing the book at a later date, but I just had to keep reading because the family at the core
Trang Nguyen
This was surprisingly a good book which I could not put down. I want to say this book earned my rating of 4.5. I wouldve given a 5 star rating however at times I thought the sex was a little too much. (even for me)

the story is about three brothers who are struggling with the death of the oldest brother, Lou. Problems arise with each brother 3 years after their brother's death. It is up to the women in their lives to show these brothers thee is a life worth living after the death of a sibling.
Jac Zifos
Just couldn't dig this. I thought it was a little ridiculous that the whole family felt like they couldn't talk about Lou's death. It was also too short. I think the author could have really filled in some of the details and background. It seemed to wrap up a little to quickly at the end, with everyone just being 'ok' with what was supposed to be the driving issue between the main characters getting together.
Kristy Dean
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, e-book
Was very surprised but loved this book. A widow has decided she needs to get back in the game since its been 3 years. She just wants a one night stand no replacements. When out at a bar in a different town she runs into her brother in law. He pulls her out of the bar and not allows her to get her one night stand. She's mad and desperate. She kisses him and it get carried away. Finally he makes a deal with her that he will give her everything she want. Both fall hard and the family excepts it.
Tracey
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all 3 books within a week. The first was free on Amazon and it hooked me into the Jackson Brothers after reading about Jace and Taylor in the first book. Mitch and Connie's story is the third book but the thread runs through the whole series. David and Randi make up the second book but he doesn't come across so well. I enjoyed reading all 3.
Melanie♥
Jul 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book! Others have done a great job on summaries and reviews. Loved the first (it was the longest) and third story, would give them 5 stars each. The middle story was only OK for me, bringing my rating down to a 4 for the overall book.
Dar
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for some hot and solid sex scenes, and light on story, these are perfect!

Lots of emotion in all three, and the first two I really enjoyed, but, alas, the last one left me angry

All books reviewed invidually
Adriana
Somebody's Lover by Jasmine Haynes

Somebody's Lover
Somebody's Ex
Somebody's Wife

I loved this book and its three short but wonderfully written stories. Jasmine Haynes is one of my favorite authors.
Mer
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Hot brothers, hot stories but would've liked them better in 3 separate stories so they could be fleshed out more.
Allison
Oct 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The first story is the only one I really enjoyed.
Nancy
Aug 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read all 3 in one sitting. The family and the passion were so addicting! Great writing!
Reba Dom
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story 1 was excellent. Stories 2 & 3 were really good but fell short of #1. Overall, it was a GREAT book!
Ruthie
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOT....and so very good!
Michelle
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a decent erotica anthology. The sex was hot, but it wasn't page after page of sex, and there was some plot. The third story was the best - very believable and touching.
Donna Ciriello
Mar 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, 2011
Three short stories about three brothers, each trying to deal with the loss of their eldest brother - and the women in their lives.
Jennifer Cascio
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot book!!!
Natasha
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book a great quick read I steamed through it in a few hours but again gutted to find another series where the first book is free and then the rest get pricey!
Po Po
  • Entangled
  • Bareback For Cowboy
  • Bedtime, Playtime
  • Gift of Desire
  • Bad Romance (New Adult Romance)
  • Darkest Fire (Black Gryffon)
  • Amidst a Crowd of Stars
  • Into the Darkness (Dark Realm, #1)
  • Flawed Beauty
  • Suite Fantasy
  • Wolf Tales 11 (Wolf Tales #11)
  • One night on a train
  • Collective Memory
  • Voyeur
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • A Hard Man to Love
NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author Jasmine Haynes loves giving readers sexy, classy stories about real issues like growing older, facing divorce, starting over. Her books have passion, heart, humor, and happy endings, even if they aren't always traditional. She also writes gritty, paranormal mysteries in the Max Starr series. As Jennifer Skully, she writes laugh-out-loud romantic comedies l ...more
More about Jasmine Haynes...

The Jackson Brothers (3 books)
  • Somebody's Lover (The Jackson Brothers #1)
  • Somebody's Ex (The Jackson Brothers, #2)
  • Somebody's Wife (The Jackson Brothers, #3)