Start by marking “The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm” as Want to Read:
The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm

The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm

Your how-to guide into the spirit realm!

Get ready to enter the world of a seer! In this groundbreaking and revolutionary book, Jonathan Welton describes his unique journey about how God opened his spiritual eyes. He shares how you too can activate this gift in your life.

The School of the Seers is the how-to guide for seeing into the spirit realm. Making insightful use o

Published September 1st 2009 by Destiny Image Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about The School of the Seers, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jeff
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating read to me. The Holy Spirit uses Jonathan to impart some amazing insight regarding the unseen realm, along with some terrific and practical godly wisdom. This book is worth keeping handy because it's worth going back to, again... and again.
Jamielynn
Jun 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book has helped me understand how God uses me in this way. I have experienced alot of these things on my walk with God and this book has helped train me even more. Such a misunderstood gift that we should embrace.
Marlon Katsigazi
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Insightful book with a significant exercise of activation at the end of chapters. Affirms that God is all about signs and wonders. Gives more understanding to the supernatural and spiritual realm. Great book!
Emmanuel Ayeni
Great book on the ministry of the seer and the discerning of the spirit.
Matthew
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Enlightening and instructional, engaging the reader to take a trip into the supernatural with prayer journaling and mental visualizations.
Melissa Lee
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I've been meaning to read it since July, so much truth and biblically-sound wisdom to help me press in deeper with my spiritual walk. Just what I needed.
Yeary Orion Maple
Amazing practical advice for seeing in the Kingdom realm

I loved everything in this comprehensive book on seers and prophets and seeing in the Kingdom realm. I wish Jonathan would have gone in more detail about his personal experience with the month of seeing in the kingdom realm. I heard him talk about that experience in a podcast once and he went in a little more detail, so I wish there would have been more of that.
Wabwier James
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and really gained a lot from it. The only reason I rated it a 4 rather than 5 is that in a couple of places I thought Jonathan made a huge stretch in his interpretation of Scripture in order to make a point.
Brenda Miera-Sierra
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Better written information on web
Edem Dzameshie
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Awesome and insightful book.
LaTrice McNeil-Smith
So many amazing nuggets in this book. Will have to go back and study different portions of it.
Su Bat-El
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this book, I've been reading it slowly in order to absorb all the information made available. It is very insightful and indepth
Billy Castillo
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, I had not heard of the Author prior to this book, I found it online, read the book, and then giften a couple copies to a couple of friend that I knew would benefit from it. I like Jonathan's approach to teaching, he explains everything in simple english. Also it was nice to see that others are having similar experiences in the supernatural without all the sensationalism that appears to be more common than not, lastly I should mention that a few comments he made in thi ...more
Shawnee Wildey
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and had a hard time not rushing through it. I had to slow myself down so I could really learn and experience every chapter through the activation sections.
This book is a practical guide for people who have or want the gift of discernment or what the Bible calls "discerning of Spirits". Everything he teaches in this book he backs up with scripture. He also gives practical exercises to help activate the gift of discernment in you. I highly recommend this book if you feel you ha
Richard Monyer
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print-book, bought
I have gleaned so many things from this book and it is one that I plan on referencing and going back to in the future. This was a very worth while read and so needed in the Body of Christ today! This book like no other explains the gift of discerning of spirits in full detail and how to stir that gift inside of us all. So glad I read it!
Brian
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a real blessing and it was definitely encouraging. I have never really been "spooked out" by the spiritual world but coming from a western-rationalize-everything-away culture, it was refreshing to read about the unseen realm. It is definitely not an exhaustive study but covers enough to get a thorough understanding. Highly recommend!
Benjamin Y.
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable to experience such thoughts of others who have been given understanding in this realm as well. Worth the read.

I was told to stop reading with three chapters remaining for yet another time.

Technically I have not completely the book in its entirety, however, I have read what has been given unto me at this time.

Shawna Holt
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is phenomenal!!! It was great to have solid biblical application and explanation of the spiritual gifts. I appreciate what Dr. Welton has to say, and it has greatly increased my walk with the Lord. I see and hear from Him like I never have before.
Linda
Jul 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was a waste of money. He sounded like he was "tooting his own horn" rather than sharing wisdom. His knowledge was shallow and elementary, and inaccurate in many places.

Although I believe that his experiences may be true,he fails to educate properly on the topic.
Angela Schneider
Really enjoyed this book. Great teaching. He’s very easy to listen to. It very easy to understand

Recommend this to any serious 95+toilet. “over your heart and mind the teachings of the holy spirit looking forward to learning from
Brad Kittle
Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it

Really good book full of practical insights on the gift of the discerning of the Spirit. A lot of reminders of things the
Lord has already shown, but good to be stirred up in these things. I recommend it.
Michael
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality, 2010
This booked confirmed a lot of things for me. It was nice to have someone who already is operating in a prophetic realm magnitudes higher than your own to help you along. It wasn't a huge revelation for me, but I did get a lot out of it.
Shiloh
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This book took so long to read not because it was difficult or boring, it just had exercises in the back and took a lot of thought. That combined with a crazy summer. I thought this was a great book and might read it again soon when I can digest it a bit more.
Mcdonald
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great the way it looks
Leslie Yong
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a very interesting book, worth reading as it is simple & understandable. It's my follow-up book to "the seers"

Importantly, I've learnt a lot from this 'teaching' book.

Rachel
Sep 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
havent read it but am very much interested in it
Aaron Cash
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Book! A must read for those with spiritual giftings of Discernment or Prophecy.
Naty Emy
Amazing

Barry Greer
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love the scriptural references mixed with personal experience. The activations are also helpful as well. This is a practical guide for discerning spirits and prophetic seeing.
  • You May All Prophesy
  • Basic Training for the Prophetic Ministry: A Call to Spiritual Warfare - Manual
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • Open My Eyes, Lord: A Practical Guide to Angelic Visitations and Heavenly Experiences
  • Keys to Heaven's Economy: An Angelic Visitation from the Minister of Finance
  • The Gifts of the Spirit: Understanding and Receiving God’s Supernatural Power in Your Life
  • Glory: Experiencing the Atmosphere of Heaven
  • Dreaming With God
  • Seeing in the Spirit Made Simple (The Kingdom of God Made Simple Book 2)
  • Journal of the Unknown Prophet: A Visitation of Jesus Christ
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World
  • Beautiful One: A Walk In Deeper Intimacy with the One Who Created Us
  • Experiencing the Heavenly Realm: Keys to Accessing Supernatural Experiences
  • Why Tongues?
  • The Psalms, Poetry on Fire
A fifth generation believer, Jonathan Welton is propelled by a powerful Christian heritage. Exhibiting extraordinary wisdom as a teacher, he helps individuals discover fresh experiences of kingdom realities. Even those who have grown up in the church are challenged afresh as they hear the unique perspective that Jonathan carries.

With a duel calling of both teacher and seer, Jonathan raises the st
“God has given us the tools to build enough faith to access any door, yet He leaves us our freewill to decide when to fast, when to pray, and when to listen. When we decide to build our faith, it is something we initiate, and then in response He increases our faith so that we can experience more of His Kingdom. This is a fundamental element in our relationship with God; He gives us the choice of the relationship we want: “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8 NKJV). Another way to say it would be, “The ball is in our court.” 2 likes
“Luke 4:18: “The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed…” This verse is rarely thought of as referring to spiritual sight, but let us look a little closer. Jesus said that He was anointed to preach good news to the poor, which is a spiritual activity. He was anointed to proclaim freedom to the prisoners and to release the oppressed. I propose that this does not refer to actual prisoners and oppressed people, as evidenced by the fact that Jesus was not literally opening jail cells to set captives free. Instead, He healed and freed hearts and delivered others of demonic oppression. This leads to the conclusion that perhaps Jesus was not only healing the physically blind, which He certainly did, but also the spiritually blind.” 2 likes