Start by marking “Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases” as Want to Read:
Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases

Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases

Healing the Gerson Way, is written in an easy-to-read style with step-by-step instructions for implementing the Gerson Therapy. While it is best known for its success in aiding people to heal many types of cancer, Gerson Therapy has an excellent track record in helping to overcome virtually all other degenerative and chronic diseases.
Charlotte & Beata clarify the science
Paperback, New edition, 456 pages
Published October 18th 2010 by Gerson Health Media (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Healing the Gerson Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing the Gerson Way

Start your review of Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases
Mischenko
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My go to guide. It will remain on my shelf. Love the recipes, especially the Hippocrates soup!
Jodi
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book on the recommendation of Andrew W. Saul.

I'm glad I bought it and I feel I have come away from reading it with some useful information, although I have found out that I am too ill and do not have the financial resources to follow the program fully.

(Like many people with severe M.E. any type of overexertion makes the disease worse, and this would include drinking juices hourly and having to interact with the juice bringer hourly, plus the enormous input and overexertion etc. in
Amanda
Oct 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't attest to the efficacy of this program or the scientific claims made, but the underlying premise seemed very sound. However, following the program would necessitate being an independently wealthy recluse for two years…and I'm not exaggerating one iota. Until my insurance covers 2 in home nurses, 20 lbs of organic produce a day, and quitting my job for two years (minimum), this program is virtually useless to me, even if I could find the will to adhere to it.
Cassandra Cantrell
Not for the faint of heart but if curious about the details of the Gerson Method, then all questions will be answered! I recommend watching The Beautiful Truth and The Gerson Way docus before reading the book. Both docus introduce Dr Gerson and the book is in-depth.
Chrisann Justice
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
This was a very easy and informative book to read. I've always been afraid of getting cancer and while the therapy doesn't sound fun or easy I know that if I am ever diagnosed with cancer it will be the route of healing I choose. I hope to incorporate some of the things I learned to help myself heal from my migraines as the therapy was originally developed to help Dr. Gerson with his own migraines. There's no way I can do the full therapy but I'm hoping that by doing some of the things I'll do b ...more
Justin
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am pretty biased here. When I checked this out from the library I forgot why I had done so.
I imagined that I read enough positive reviews that I figured it was worth a shot. However, I also remembered reading that Gerson (was it Charlotte or her father?) claimed that all diseases could be treated with Gerson therapy including cancer before succumbing to cancer.

That being said, I have health issues and I tried to put prejudices out of the way in case there was any wisdom here. I am not sure how
Jeannie Long
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whether you have cancer or not, you will learn how our modern society contributes to its increased occurrence, and how you can make changes in your life to prevent getting it.

It’s a fascinating alternative understanding to the traditional medical approach of chemotherapy as to how you can create an environment both internally and externally to heal your body of chronic illnesses. Modern medicine tries to fix the symptoms of disease, whereas the Gerson Therapy fixes what causes the disease in the
Vlatka Patka vladek
This book is an excellent pointer to direction of how we sould start thinking about food and the way we live. It is popular these days to talk about health and healthy food, but we have too much information about everything, and is very confusing. Results are bad. We have so much knowledge about everything,but number of people with difficult illnesses, weight problem, health problems that is considered normal today ( and it shouldn't) that is rapidly increasing.
Read the book if You can , it is v
Annie
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good introduction to the gerson therapy but what is missing is a step by step "workbook" of some sort that helps people get started. after reading I still see no feasible way of working full time and doing the fulk therapy. there were no examples of people in the book who are less privileged with time and money who are making it happen which comes across fairly elite. Overall, it was a very easy read and generally informative.
Charlotte
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book too. This is a very intensive laid out way to treat chronic problems. It ties in with lots of the other books I'm reading, but this is the most regimented. (That might be what you want sometimes).
Natalia Tune
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My mother and I both follow this and it has gotten rid of her arthritis and asthma. Just our personal experience, but I absolutely support this lifestyle. It's also highly enjoyable and I never feel deprived.
Natalia Tune
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skai Leja
Interesting insight into one alternative therapy approach.
Kelly
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte Gerson is amazing. The book is an excellent resource for healing naturally.
Kelly
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coffee enemas are awesome!
Katie
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of information in this book. Some good takeaways even if you don't have a terminal illness.
Erin
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So informative! I'm still skeptical and will read other books related to this, but it was eye-opening and inspiring.
Kaleb Beard
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We can 100% guaranteed cure almost all chronic diseases known to man"
Crystal
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Instead of working to heal something happening currently, I'm working on prevention by a moderated use of the Gerson diet. Fantastic results so far.
Candida
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
A book that everyone should read about healing holistically and avoiding environmental toxins.
Edward F.T.
Jackson
Jun 11, 2013
David Stemple
May 19, 2013

• A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases and the Cure of Advanced Cancer by Diet Therapy
  • The Other Mrs.
  • The Innovators: How a Group of  Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
  • Turing's Cathedral: The Origins of the Digital Universe
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Gandhi: An autobiography
  • Rear Window
  • Psycho (Psycho #1)
  • Laura
  • The Birds
  • Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor: More Rebellion and Fire for Your Healing Journey
  • The Case of the Howling Dog
  • Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It
  • The Case of the Curious Bride (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Case of the Counterfeit Eye
  • Healing Fibroids: A Doctor's Guide to a Natural Cure
  • Love, Medicine & Miracles
  • I Love Capitalism!: An American Story
Daughter of German cancer physician Max Gerson.