Start by marking “Evangelism Handbook: Biblical, Spiritual, Intentional, Missional” as Want to Read:
Evangelism Handbook: Biblical, Spiritual, Intentional, Missional

Evangelism Handbook: Biblical, Spiritual, Intentional, Missional

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  157 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

Published October 1st 2009 by B Academic (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Evangelism Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evangelism Handbook

Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent resource for exploring and digging deeper into evangelism in a classroom, personal, or group study environment. One of just a handful of books on this topic I would readily recommend (including Dr. Reid's other book "Sharing Jesus without Freaking Out").
Dennis Thurman
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very comprehensive book on the theology and methodology of evangelism. It is throughly Biblical and yet practical. I could see it used as a seminary text but also as a small group study in a church.
Harold Cameron
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Biblical, Spiritual, Intentional, Missional!”

“In Matthew 5, Jesus calls believers the salt of the earth and light of the world. Indeed, we must reach out to tell others His story of sacrifice and grace so glory is given to God throughout our communities and the entire planet.

Evangelism Handbook is a thorough guide to the daily ministry of sharing Christ. Writer and professor Alvin Reid is particularly concerned about how the Western Church is practicing evangelism—its failure to reach the hardc
Jimmy Reagan
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I have found what I will use as my premier resource for evangelism in church and personal ministry. This volume by Alvin Reid is at once a passionate call for evangelism and a practical guide to several aspects of it. A Foreward by Thom Rainer and an Afterword by Roy Fish tells you type of book this one is going to be. It did not disappoint.

I loved Part 1 that was nine chapters on why evangelism is so essentially Biblical. It was so well done and accurate. It had the flavor and fervor of
Sydney Herron
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was an excellent resource as a guidebook to evangelism. I especially appreciated the section on being intentional in evangelism. I think this would be a great resource for leaders in the church seeking to create a culture of evangelism in their church, as well as lay-people who want to grow in this area of their life. Evangelism is an essential ministry for all believers, so it is important to be well equipped. This book is an excellent starting point to equipping yourself an ...more
Richard
A far too exhaustive look at evangelism. While I believe evangelism is an essential part of one's faith, Reid goes into way too much detail. The best part is the practical ideas. Spends most of his time making a case that evangelism is the most important thing a Christian can do. Makes his point and then continues to make it over and over again.
Alex Hannis
No doubt this book has great content and helpful, practical information. Unfortunately, this book is too exhaustive both with content and personal stories and fluff. I think this book could have been at least 100 pages shorter (maybe more).

This review is in no way reflective of Doc Reid, who is one of the godliest, warm, and pastoral men at Southeastern Seminary.
Eric Trout
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Reid is one of my favorite teachers, writers, and people. When it comes to studying and teaching on evangelism and spiritual awakenings, Dr. Reid is well studying. Most importantly: he believes in the next generation! This is a must read!
Guillaume Bourin
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Too exhaustive in my opinion. Some chapters are better than others. Several good insights, however.
Romans Sendriks
The book has a good content, but it has not bibliography list which might be useful for further researches on the given topic.
Jeff Hoenshell
Very thorough work on evangelism.
Seth Channell
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
While I might disagree with the author's view of how God's salvation is applied to sinners, he had some great practical ideas for evangelism.
Chad
An accessible, simplified introduction into the nature and practice of evangelism.
Courtney Bryant
  • Ethics for a Brave New World
  • Questioning Evangelism: Engaging People's Hearts the Way Jesus Did
  • Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan Care
  • Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
  • Breaking the Missional Code: When Churches Become Missionaries in Their Communities
  • I Am a Church Member: Discovering the Attitude that Makes the Difference
  • 40 Questions About Interpreting The Bible (40 Questions & Answers Series)
  • Words of Life: Scripture as the Living and Active Word of God
  • Evangelical Dictionary of Theology
  • Gospel-Centered Hermeneutics: Foundations and Principles of Evangelical Biblical Interpretation
  • Connected: Curing the Pandemic of Everyone Feeling Alone Together
  • Basic Bible Interpretation
  • The Gospel & Personal Evangelism
  • Ethics: Approaching Moral Decisions
  • Leadership Lessons of Jesus
  • Basic Teachings Of The Great Philosophers - A Survey Of Their Basic Ideas, Revised Edition
  • Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ: The Cost of Bringing the Gospel to the Nations in the Lives of William Tyndale, Adoniram Judson, and John Paton (The Swans Are Not Silent #5)
DR. ALVIN L. REID, best known for his student-given nickname “Doc,” has been a professor for over 20 years, over 17 of them spent at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina.

He has written over a dozen books, most on subjects like evangelism, spiritual awakenings, missional Christianity, and student ministry, and has taught young leaders on four continents and on s
More about Alvin L. Reid...
“Never will I be satisfied until God works in convicting power and men and women weep their way to the cross. . . . Oh that He would break me down and cause me to weep for the salvation of souls.” 1 likes
“Christianity is a movement to be advanced, not merely an institution to be maintained.” 0 likes