Start by marking “Meanest Doll in the World” as Want to Read:
Meanest Doll in the World

Meanest Doll in the World (Doll People #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  5,337 Ratings  ·  408 Reviews
The 100-year-old Doll family—beautifully crafted china dolls passed down through four generations of girls in one American family—meet their new neighbors, the Funcrafts, a doll family made completely of plastic and delivered straight from the factory shelves. Annabelle Doll is eight years old—she has been for over a hundred years. Not a lot has happened to her, cooped up ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Hyperion Books for Children

Ann
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
I loved the first book in the series, and this one turned out to be just as fantastic!!!

This, the second book in the Doll People series, sends Annabelle and Tiffany on some harrowing adventures -- and for the first time, these adventures take Annabell and Tiffany *outside* of the Palmer's house! Gasp!! They end up at Kate's school - and their adventures are just starting.

Soon, they meet the Meanest Doll in the world, and what follows in a tiny look into friendship vs. dictatorship, kindness vs.
Maria
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, doll-s, series
After reading the fist book in the series, THE DOLL PEOPLE, I went to Barnes and Noble to get this one. When they were out of stock I got it at a book sale. Any way, When Tiffany and Annabelle go with Auntie Sarah to the attic, they come back late, so Tiffany and Annabelle have to sneak into Kate's backpack. When they figure out they are at school, they try to get home, nut go into the wrong backpack. They end up at Callie and Bj's house, where they meet Mean Mimi, a menace to all doll kind! Can ...more
Elizabethcd96
Sep 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

One of the books that I read this trimester is The Meanest Doll In The World by: Ann M. Martin and Laura Godwin. It does not exactly say where this book takes place, but I never really think of the setting anyway! To me this book takes place in a town just like ours, in a regular home just like mine. This book has some pictures so I can visualize what things look like. The Meanest Doll In The World is the sequel to The Doll People so I knew who some of the characters are, because I read the boo
*Jinglemarco - Nursery rhymes enthusiast*

It's always a pleasure reading about these living dollies, so tender and cute, and I feel guilty giving The Meanest Doll in the World only three stars and fiftyfive, but I have to be honest and I expected it to be a bit more satisfaying. I was waiting for a different ending, maybe. And I'm very PRETENTIOUS!
Is PDS real? I'm not sure...
Princess Mimi is no Chucky, and thank you very much, and nonetheless she had had a poor end.
Oh, well, I'm excited for the following installment! :)
HeavyReader
This book rocks! It is really cool to read a sequel that is as good as the original.

In this chapter of the living doll saga, Annabell and Tiffany, the two girl dolls, accidentally end up on a big adventure which takes them (gasp!) outside of the Palmer's house. This adventure also brings them in contact with the meanest doll in the world of the title.

What I appreciate most about this book is that the outcome was not predictable. I had no idea what might happen as I was reading. I found that real
Patrick
Annabelle Doll and Tiffany Funcraft are back, and this story is even better than the first one.

With Aunt Sarah returned to the Doll family, she Annabelle and Tiffany continue their adventures and exploring of the home of their humans owners. On an especially longer exploration, the dolls realize they've stayed out to late. In the rush to get back to perspective homes, Tiffany and Annabelle have to dive into Kate's backpack to avoid being seen. Before they can get out, Kate's scooped up her back
Elizabeth
The Meanest Doll in the World lacks some of the charm of The Doll People. The illustrations are as gorgeous as ever and the adventures are even more hair-raising, yet there’s still something missing. I’m going to guess that it’s because Meanest Doll has too many pithy statements and Annabelle spends too much time angsting over her uselessness and then goes on and on about “taking deep breaths.”

Basically, Meanest Doll is a little too pat with its message, to the point of overbearance. The Doll Pe
Tiffany  Frial
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am on page 126 and I like this book because of the fascinating adventures. So far they have been in two backpacks, Kate and Nora's school and someone in Kate's class's house. In the house they meet many friends, and also a mean and bossy doll called Mean Mimi. At first they thought Mimi was nice , but now Mimi wants to destroy them and they try to protect themselves and everything they can't fix by the time the humans come home. if they aren't able to fix something they could go into Doll Stat ...more
Catherine
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts out okay but then becomes inane and boring. I thought the first one was cute, but this one not so much.
Meaghan Steeves
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this doll people series! Ann M. Martin was always one of my most-read authors growing up and to be reading something by her other than the Babysitter's Club or Babysitter's Little Sister is just awesome. I'm really happy to call myself a big fan of hers. I plan to gradually collect this series as I know I'll read it over and over again and pass it along. :)
Jennie
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
As an adult I found this book terribly silly, but most young girls would probably adore this story. Many children imagine their dolls and stuffed animals are secretly alive. This story indulges this fantasy and provides a lesson about friendship along the way.
Soul Glow
Apr 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i really liked this book it is so good i read it 3 times its about a doll who has a best friend they end up in a baCK PACK WITH THEIR OWNER AND GO TO SCHOOL THERE THEY GO ON A ADVENTURE AND END UP N the wrong backpack and end up @ a wrong house
Elaine
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the whole idea of dolls living in a world of thier own. Can you imagine turning your back and your dolls start moving? Wonderful *keep reading*
Erin Ramsay
This scared me as a kid.
☺Trish
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Another great fantasy story about living dolls from The Doll People series by Ann M. Martin. a sequel that's just as wonderful as the original and that's a rare feat. Looking forward to the next.
Sara Khan
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to The Doll People. I recommend to not read this book if you haven't read the first one. You would not understand what is happening. This book is just so exciting and adventurous!
Maddie
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9-11
Shelves: already-read
its about this doll who is really mean and the other dolls teach her a lesson(it sounds babyish but its not!!!)
Jessy Higgerson
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book The Meanest Doll in the World. This book is about a very disturbed doll that torments other dolls and puts the whole doll world at risk of being discovered. This is the second book in a series, called the Doll People, about a family of dolls that is living. If they are discovered they will go into Doll State, where the dolls cannot move for twenty-four hours. If what they do is really extreme, they can go into Permanent Doll State, which means they will no longer be living dolls. ...more
Cruth
Author: Laura Godwin & Ann M. Martin
Illustrator: Selznick, Brian
First Published: 2003

An interesting story exploring a number of areas, mostly well encouraging thought and discussion, but also subtly providing depth and interest.

Bullying
The whole point of the book is that Mean Mimi bullies other dolls, manipulates them to be her friends, torments those who aren't. She wants to be "Queen of the Dolls", and her rise is on the backs of others. Annabelle and Tiffany start off trying to "defeat" h
Astrid Lim
A cute sequel of the beloved Doll People series. This time, Anabelle and Tiffany were going into a bigger adventure- since they've gotten lost unexpectedly to another house, and met with various new characters. Somehow, this series, especially this second book, reminds me a lot of the Toy Story movies. In this book for example, Mean Mimi the bully feels like Lotso in the Toy Story 3. And Mimi's compatriots, the giant Sandra doll, looks like the giant Baby from the same Toy Story movie.

But anywa
Brooke Adams
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember how I found this book but even as a 23 year-old with 3 children of her own I still go back and re-read this series. It's just so unique and adorable! I absolutely love it. It's a all-time, forever favorite. I cannot wait to share it with my daughter when she is older she is only two right now. A must have!
Seobin  Baeg
Another excellent book from the same series, but personally for me, was a bit more childish than the first book. I supposed that it is due to its age range. Otherwise, it was enjoyable and reminded me of the time when I was about 5th grade. The author did a very good job of expanding the storyline.
Hannah Russell
I think this series was one of those endeavors where they had a good premise, but couldn't actually think of a plot to go with it. The moral is a little forced, and a lot if things just don't make sense. But it's cute and fun and the world-building is clever.
Shelby
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good
Roberta
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed out loud while reading this
Betsy
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good message about bullying and how to deal with mean people. It was a good book, but I am not sure if kids will still buy into toys coming to life.
Megaboy
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really good and interesting .
Jenn
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow, this is one scary doll! Lol...this is the 2nd in the Doll People series and was actually pretty suspenseful at times. Again, it has some great illustrations, right from the beginning...I love the "ads" for the Dolls and the little troll guys in the corner. Up in the right hand corner you can just barely see a little hand peaking out with a wand...intriguing yes?
description
Well watch out! Because it's Princess Mimi, aka: The MEANEST DOLL IN THE WORLD!! Yikes!! I have to say, truthfully, this made
Isabel Orama
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Today, I finished a very interesting book called,"THE MEANEST DOLL IN THE WORLD". Today I will be saying what it was about.First I'll start with the characters:Annabelle funcraft,Tiffany,mama funcraft,papa funcraft,Tiffany's mother and father,aunt Sarah,Nora,Kate,and Mimi.

What it is about: every day,before bedtime,Nora(Kate's little sister) takes a bath with all her toys. She can't play with Annabelle in the water because she will simply fall apart. Annabelle always feels lonely without being in
Goldilocks Reads (Jenna Vahue)
What a great and fun addition to the Doll People series! Mean Mimi genuinely frightened me in Annabelle's hallucination in The Runaway Dolls. I was a bit wary reading her story but I did get a few jumps reading about her. The characters were spectacular and I love it when Annabelle encounters other doll people beside her family.

Tiffany and Annabelle are exploring and didn't have enough time to race back to the dollhouse. They had to hide in Kate's backpack instead. Through a turn of events, the
The Meanest Doll in the world 14 26 Mar 10, 2012 01:26PM
  • Twig
  • Lake Rescue (Beacon Street Girls, #6)
  • The Littles To The Rescue
  • Magic by the Lake (Tales of Magic, #3)
  • The Unmapped Sea (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #5)
  • Toy Dance Party: Being the Further Adventures of a Bossyboots Stingray, a Courageous Buffalo, and a Hopeful Round Someone Called Plastic  (Toys, #2)
  • The Janitor's Boy
  • Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3)
  • The Word Eater
  • Amelia's Family Ties (Amelia's Notebooks, #9)
  • The Fran That Time Forgot (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #4)
  • Caleb's Story (Sarah, Plain and Tall #3)
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • The Ghost at the Drive-In Movie (The Boxcar Children, #116)
  • Betsy and Billy
  • Cinderella Smith
  • In Aunt Lucy's Kitchen (Cobble Street Cousins, # 1)
  • Ten (The Winnie Years, #1)

More about Ann M. Martin...

Doll People (4 books)
  • The Doll People (Doll People, #1)
  • The Runaway Dolls (Doll People, #3)
  • The Doll People Set Sail (Doll People, #4)