Start by marking “ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (Year 2)” as Want to Read:
ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (Year 2)

ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The Demo Tapes: Year 1 introduced the reading public to ShapeShifter and the two men behind this fictional band: Trevor Wolff and Mitchell Voss. The Demo Tapes: Year 2 brings you more of the short fiction that brings these people to vivid life.

Year 2 delves more deeply into love, friendships, and the inside workings of ShapeShifter. New faces have arrived as the band tours
Published (first published August 26th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about ShapeShifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ShapeShifter

Candy
Jul 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
I first ran into ShapeShifter, the fictional band, three or 4 years ago at a blog called The Meet & Greet. It was a cute blog by a writer and she was telling us little side stories as well as some times outtakes from her writing that didn't make the cut. It was fun, allowing us to glimpse into the characters of the book she was writing as well as watch these kids grow up from friends, to garage band to super duper famous and all that trappings that come along with that. The book she was writ ...more
Serena
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Susan Helene Gottfried‘s Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes, Year 2 is another volume of outtakes, short stories, and character sketches related to her newly published novel, Trevor’s Song. The band Shapeshifter is like a wheel with its center, Trevor and Mitchell, and the spokes around that wheel. Once these guys are on the road, look out because it’s a wild ride.

What readers will enjoy most about this second slim volume is the comraderie between the characters, the outbursts they have, and the seemi
Mary (BookHounds)
I have been reading Susan's blog for several years now and I love the fact that she put all of these short stories together in one easy to read place. Year One gives you a great background on the start of the fictional Metal band, Shapeshifter, how Trevor and Mitchell became friends and their developing personalities. Year Two furthers these thoughts and will make you want to read TREVOR'S SONG.
Stacy Juba
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read these stories after Trevor's Song, the full-length novel which features the same characters. I'm so glad the author has collections of short stories available which feature the same cast, as it's like coming home to old friends. But if you haven't read Trevor's Song, then the Demo Tapes anthologies are a great introduction. The characters in the stories are well drawn and complex - a good read.
Sharon
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I've read both sets of "Demo Tapes," and enjoyed them thoroughly. I used to work in the music business, and Susan's characters are true-to-life, entertaining and well-developed.

Brava to the author for an outstanding collection of short stories.
nimrodiel
Dec 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-books-read
Last book read in 2009
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Oct 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-read
Nice to visit Trevor and the gang. My favorite of the outtakes has to be The First Two Drawings. Ah young love! :)
Florinda
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This is Susan Helen Gottfried's second collection of short fiction 'outtakes' featuring the heavy-metal band ShapeShifter. The pieces were originally published on Susan's blog, West of Mars: The Meet and Greet, in no particular order; the books have allowed her to satisfy reader requests to place the stories in a timeline.

While the outtakes make fairly random appearances on the blog, Susan has assembled them in chronological narrative order here, and has written additional introductory material
Ann
Oct 29, 2009
Anna
Aug 04, 2012
Susan Gottfried
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
K.A. Robinson
Aug 29, 2012
Lynea
Jan 20, 2013
Palar
rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2012
Susan Gottfried
Oct 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Susan by: my fans
Of course I loved this. I wrote it!
Amy
May 16, 2013
Miranda Shrader
is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2013
Author and freelance editor to an elite group of writers via West of Mars. A former book reviewer for the World's Toughest Book Critics, I think being an editor has made me even more demanding of what I read for pleasure. You can imagine the heights I seek to raise my clients to.
More about Susan Helene Gottfried

ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (4 books)
  • Shapeshifter : The Demo Tapes -- Year 1