Start by marking “The Ethnic Paris Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Ethnic Paris Cookbook

The Ethnic Paris Cookbook

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Charlotte Puckette and Olivia Kiang-Snaije's The Ethnic Paris Cookbook is a colorful and lively guide to the best French cooking that's not traditional French cooking, with over 100 recipes inspired by Paris's international chefs, many from the former French colonies, and tips for the best ethnic restaurants and corner shops and ethnic markets in Paris. For a taste of ...more
Published March 19th 2007 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)

To ask other readers questions about The Ethnic Paris Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ethnic Paris Cookbook

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Ethnic Paris Cookbook
Ivana
Nov 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Malik
OK - based on reading the intro and just flipping through it, I am going to give this one five stars. I don't cook much so I am not going to go through the recipes, but it is well written and beautifully illustrated - and gosh, what a great idea! It will also be a great accoutrement for that much dreamed about sabbatical in Paris...
Angela Randall
When you you say you've *read* a cookbook exactly?

Anyway, I had a half-hour of perusing this lovely book and I've decided I need to spend a lot more time with it.

The book goes through several flavours of ethnic cuisine, including Vietnamese, Japanese, Moroccan and other types of African cuisine. The recipes are easy to understand and diagrams have been provided for tricky pastry folding and suchlike.

There's also snippets of background information on the dishes and ingredients: what sort of
Allison
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed cooking from these recipes. The tangine makes your kitchen smell so good and reheats well for meals later on. The ghoriba are delicious and were a hit at a wedding I attended.

I love the illustrations and the suggestions of where to purchase ingredients and dine while in Paris. The bits of cultural history are a great inclusion. The one thing I would have liked to see is a list of possible substitutions for hard to find ingredients. Overall a fantastic cookbook.
Tim
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A view of the different food cultures in Paris. It's a shame that no one has done the same for London to my knowledge where there is even greater diversity.
Great recipes, very '60's/'70's reminiscent illustrations, a scattering of various fonts and details of appropriate restaurants, what's there not to like?
Praise by Jacques Pepin and Claudia Roden on the back cover !
Rachel
Oct 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Well-done cookbook that tells the history about all the different ethnicities in Paris, as well restaurant and grocery stores available in the city. Yummy recipes too, and there is a bunch that I would like to try, especially from the Moroccan and Laotian sections.
Ginny
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wonderful resource for finding ingredients and restaurants in Paris.
Doron Yam
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
A very nice collection of ethnic recepies from all kinds of nations that lives in paris.
Tony
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
Even better than the recipes are the stories that go with them.
Chele