Start by marking “Der Engel (Die Chroniken der Templer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Der Engel (Die Chroniken der Templer, #2)

Der Engel (Templar Chronicles #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  485 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
An den Ufern des Roten Meeres wird ein geheimnisvolles Skelett gefunden, das dem eines Menschen gleicht und doch anders ist – denn das Wesen, das hier vor vielen Jahrhunderten starb, trug zwei mächtige Schwingen auf dem Rücken. Die Sensation scheint perfekt. In einem geheimen Labor unweit von Rom wird das Unglaubliche vollbracht: Aus der uralten DNA wird ein Engel geklont, ...more
Published by Droemer-Knaur (first published March 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Der Engel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Der Engel

Mike (the Paladin)
...humm, I don't know. The book is pretty interesting. I kind of liked the first volume and followed it up.

I don't know what to tell you. The Templar Knights come out looking better here than they have in a lot of fiction. Reinvested into the church they now fight supernatural threats and the intrusion of evil powers into the world.

Our protagonist is the recipient of unusual and special powers that have made him suspect but on the other hand also make him, come in handy. In the first book we fou
Aya
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Templar Chronicles: 2
Set a few weeks after the previous book. Unlike the unrelenting mass carnage in the previous book, this one is more on the Resident Evil, horror mystery side, though there's still a high body count. This book is shorter than the last. I can't help thinking the author could have padded it out with some character development. He's created an interesting cast of characters but only gives glimpses of their personalities. More progress on the background Cade vengeance arc. The en
Jim
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another solid entry in the Templar Chronicles series.

Knight Commander Cade Williams is a modern day Templar Knight who kicks ass and takes names. He takes on monsters, demons, fallen angels and anything else that evil can throw at him.

Buy and read this book. You won't be disappointed. I can't wait to start the next one in the series.
Randy Smith
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this was good like the last one.
Michael Leffel
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If the first book was considered "Urban Fantasy" this one jumps ship into "suspense/horror" and still has the great characters from the first book!

A cool thrilling read!
Michael VanOmmeren
Great sequel to "The Heretic". Looking forward to reading the final book of the trilogy - "A Tear in the Sky".
Chris Wiegman
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining. One of the best series I've found on Kindle so far. Looking forward to the 3rd.
Deidre
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, favorites
way better than the 1st book and that one was a fantastic read!
BJ Haun
I picked up the "Templar Chronicles" series as part of a book bundle not too long ago, and the random number generator that I have picking books out of my monstrous pile of "to read" books has me reading the second one already.

This book continues with the exploits of Echo Team, an elite strike force within the Knights Templar, which are reborn in this modern age as the Catholic Church's secret army against the forces of supernatural evil. Echo is led by Knight Commander Cade, who obtained a hand
Rebecca Graf
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and it did not let me down. Cade Williams is still trying to find his deceased wife and the creature that took her from him. But until then he has another assignment. A priest has been found nearly dead with a message that will change them all. Investigating a suspicious site, they discover that science has dappled where it should never tread. Cade and his men face their own fears and that of the dark other side as they try to defeat a being that should not ...more
Nancy
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The second book in the Templar Chronicles, A Scream of Angels essentially begins where The Heretic left off, just a few months difference. Knight Commander Cade Williams has been spending a lot of time Beyond, searching for Gabrielle, his murdered wife. When found, he is in very bad shape and isn’t expected to live but, somehow, one of the team, Sgt. Sean Duncan, appears to have healed him. However Sean doesn’t think he did.

On the hunt for a new group of supernaturals, Cade and his team are forc
Paula Howard
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scream of Angels is the second in the Templar Series. We find Cade and his Echo team once more called upon by the Catholic Church to fight the Adversary. The Adversary is known to Cade. It was the Adversary that killed his wife Gabrielle and left with scared and without sight on his left side. His eye can't see things in the human world but can see into the spiritual world.

We find that Gabrielle once again makes an appearance to Cade. He continues his search for her spirit.

Excellent series.
Beth Robinson
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I wanted to keep reading to see what happened, to find the answers to the bigger and smaller mysteries raised at the beginning. The religious-themed supernatural elements are well used in creating the story. I could do without some of the weapons detail and such, but I accept that as part of the book leaning more towards the military thriller genre. I appreciate there's a little character development, even in the middle of the adventure, and a sweeping story arc that began in book 1 and is going ...more
Julie
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 was just as good as the first one! I am very intrigued with this storyline about Templar Knights and what they face to protect mankind today. Lots of supernatural threats. Our hero is Cade Williams who is a victim of a supernatural attack himself. And he lost his wife in that same attack. His reasons for joining the Knights is not as noble as most of them for he seeks vengeance. So there is an element of not quite mistrust among the other Knights who do not know him, but know his reputati ...more
Ken
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More action oriented than Book One.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. However, I noticed book one had more mystery to it while this was more on the edge of your seat action. I really enjoyed it though and it was hard to put down. Made the mistake of reading it in my yard swing yesterday. Not sure how long I was reading, but I'm sunburned now. I really enjoy the background plot concerning the Adversary, while giving us a good story for the present also.
Dutch
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I would have enjoyed some additional angel lore and less mysterious traipsing underground with no idea as to what is at the other end. Some hints during the exploration would have been appreciated unless I completely missed them. I don't need to read the last book in the trilogy just yet.
Tobias Cooper
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better in my opinion than the first rather less gung ho and with more occult flavour.
I do wish the Knights' were rather more international though the suspension of disbelief of an international order, headquartered in Scotland, whose elite force are all Americans I'd a little wearing.
Dirceu
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel to the heretic. Im eager to read the third book. The members of Echo Team are awesome, especially their leader, Cade Willians. The plot of this book is very well written and the catch for the next book was well placed.
Congratulations again Joseph!!! Keep up the good work.
Maria Schneider
Liked this one quite a bit, although not as much as the first. It answered a few unanswered questions, had GREAT action scenes and I'm looking forward to the next. A few of the solutions were a bit to "pat" and quick, but the pages still turned all by themselves.
Tim
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-suspense
I am a fan of the authors work, I have read most of his works. Eyes to See is so far my favorite.

Within the Templar series, this book has been my favorite and makes me want to pick up the next in the series. Book one was ok, but this one reminded me why I like his work.
Stephen
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cade and Echo Team take on a Nephilim in an underground military facility. This book has all the halmarks of a Roswell/Area 51 meets the arcane. While Heretic will always be my favorite, I enjoy reading this one more often than any other book in the series.
Jessica
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The weapons issue I had with the first book continues in this one. But it's still a good read.
Robin Lynne Rogers
very intense! can't wait for the next one!
Tepintzin
Jun 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, horror
I didn't like this one as much as the first, but I still enjoyed it. The next volume has the potential to be a humdinger, if it lives up to the promises spoken at the end!
Kelly Martin
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good follow up to the first book in this series. It's a fast pace, hard shooting novel about good, evil and redemption.
Nadine
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book I want to read more of the series love love it
Krista McCracken
An interesting dark fantasy take on the knights of templar story--Supernatural warriors of the church.
William Lehman
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
will review when I finished the trilogy.
Mary Ann
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars Truly enjoy this series. It's different and interesting. Something different from what I usually read. My husband first turned me on to this series and I'm glad he did.
Peter Cornell
Jun 08, 2017
Book Review Team : Book Review 1 2 Mar 14, 2015 10:16AM
  • London Macabre
  • Unstable Prototypes (Big Sigma, #2)
  • John Gone (The Diaspora Trilogy, #1)
  • Bloom: Or, the unwritten memoir of Tennyson Middlebrook
  • Callsign: Deep Blue (Tom Duncan) (Chess Team, #7)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The Drought
  • Adrenaline Rush
  • Black Mercury (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #2)
  • Vampire Love Story: First Seven Novels
  • The Omega Connection (Tracie Tanner #3)
  • The New York Magician
  • Sin (Sinclair O'Malley Series)
  • The Complete Alice In Wonderland
  • Bob's Burgers #1
  • Abominable
  • Legends of Red Sonja
  • Shell Game
Joseph Nassise is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than a twenty-five novels, including the Templar Chronicles series, the Jeremiah Hunt trilogy, and the Great Undead War series. He has also written several books in the Rogue Angel action/adventure series from Gold Eagle. He is a former president of the Horror Writers Association, the world's largest organization of prof ...more
More about Joseph Nassise...

Templar Chronicles (7 books)
  • This Cleansing Fire
  • The Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1)
  • A Tear in the Sky (Templar Chronicles #3)
  • Infernal Games (Templar Chronicles, #4)
  • Judgement Day (Templar Chronicles #5)
  • Fall of Night (Templar Chronicles #6)