Start by marking “Bizarro World (Bizarro)” as Want to Read:
Bizarro World (Bizarro)

Bizarro World (Bizarro)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  209 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Where else could the world's greatest alternative cartoonists run rampant through the DC Universe in an all-new anthology of utterly unhinged stories and art? It could only happen in the Bizarro World! This big slab o' comics features work by many of the fantastic creators who worked on the Bizarro Comics book (and made it an award-winner)! This time the contributors weavi ...more
Published April 1st 2005 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bizarro World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bizarro World

Sam Quixote
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like Marvel's "Strange Tales", DC commission a number of famous indie artists to write short comics about their most beloved characters putting them in odd scenarios, mocking them, playing with them, and showing their audience a lighter side to these characters they've never seen before.

The list of famous names (famous if you're into comics) is pretty spectacular: Harvey Pekar, James Kochalka, Craig Thompson, Peter Bagge, Ivan Brunetti, Eddie Campbell, Paul Dini, Dupuy and Berberian, Bob Fingerm
Gig Wailgum
entertaining and warped!
Twan
Nov 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Loads of short 5-ish page long tales of DC superheroes in unusual situations, mostly humorous but some a bit more serious. Loads of the big guns from the alt-comic world turn up here to either write or draw these tales, Harvey Pekar, Craig Thompson, the Love and Rocket guys, Johnny Ryan, Eddie Campbell.......and a load of others.
A bit hit and miss, with about 65% hits with 'Dear Superman' written by a guy called Dylan Horrocks being the standout by a long shot for me. Get it from the library lik
Alarra
My favourite three stories:

- The Power of Positive Batman (Aarong Bergemon/John Kerschbaum) - Batman goes on break. And Superman ends up being the Joey Potter to Batman's Pacey. :DD

- Dear Superman (Dylan Herrocks/Farel Dalrymple) - Flash wishes the world would slow down for him. Succint, lovely art, and it made my heart ache for the character.

- The Break (Eric Drysdale/Tim Lane) - "You know, we should all just "hang out" more". The JLA go on vacation and have fun. <333333

There were other cute
Ubalstecha
Bizarro World is a place where the odd sides of Superheroes exist. Wonder Woman dumps Superman for a nerd. The Legion of Superheroes is turned into a cubefarm to cut costs. Aquaman is a down in the dumps hero who works through his pain singing at open-mike nights.

This volume is hard to get into, I almost put it down, but if you push through the initial amusement park story, you will find that there are some clever stories written by some of the more interesting authors out there, including the g
Jason
Fun read with an impressive lineup of accomplished writers and artists. Like most anthologies, it's uneven. My favorites were Chip Kidd's and Tony Millionaire's "Batman with Robin the Boy Wonder," Mo Willems's and Ellen Forney's "The Wonder of it All," Chris Duffy's and Craig Thompson's "The Spectre," Aaron Bergeron's and John Kerschbaum's "The Power of Positive Batman" (which was probably my favorite of the lot), and John Krewson's and Evan Dorkin's "Kamandi: the Laziest Boy on Earth!"
Mariah Drakoulis
in my opinion, better than the first volume! the wacky stories and beautiful alternative drawing styles that changed from page to page were engaging and entertaining. definitely one of the few comics i will re-read, and force upon all my friends.
Ming Siu
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some were fitfully amusing in parts, but the vast majority reminded me why I'm not usually a fan of alternative comics - they were dull and pointless. Call me a plebeian, but I'll take the mainstream stuff any day.
Peacegal
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m not a follower of Batman, Superman, or any of the other members of the galaxy of comic book heroes. However, these stories present the familiar DC comics stable in a whole new light—one that’s “Bizarro”! It’s an ironic, funny, and creative turn that even non-fans can appreciate.
Phillip Goodman
WHACKADOODLE! just plain grand comic book unrealism of the highest order, as colouful and sad as a creature composed entirely of dismembered clowns .
Printable Tire
I'd say about 10-15% of the stories in here are worth anything, the rest are total crap. Not required reading by any stretch of the imagination.
Gregory Povey
Mixed bag. Some great stories, some poor. Worth a flick.
Jdetrick
Much like the first volume, it has it's good and bad spots, although I think this is a stronger book overall. The highlight remains the Kyle Baker story, but there's lots of great stories here.
Lynda
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Stories are too short for any development.
Automation
Jan 30, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who liked the first one
not as good as the first one, but still pretty good.
Galion Public Library Teens
Review by G.B.: "I liked how they had many comics in one big book with their own twists."
Audrey Hacker
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, comic
I can't believe there was a manga guy gardner story that was wild
Adair Arroyo
Jan 03, 2016
Nikki Wells
Apr 10, 2012
f
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2011
  • Finder: Dream Sequence
  • Spider-Man's Tangled Web, Vol. 1
  • Honour Among Punks: The Complete Baker Street Collection
  • Crossing Midnight, Vol. 2: A Map of Midnight
  • Tiny Titans, Volume 5: Field Trippin'
  • Four Color Fear: Forgotten Horror Comics of the 1950s
  • Strange Tales II (Stranges Tales)
  • Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
  • Tomorrow Stories, Vol. 1
  • Maakies
  • Cat Burglar Black
  • The Horror! The Horror!: Comic Books the Government Didn't Want You to Read!
  • Avengers Assemble, Vol. 3