Start by marking “The MacGregors: Alan & Grant (MacGregors #6 & 7)” as Want to Read:
The MacGregors: Alan & Grant (MacGregors #6 & 7)

The MacGregors: Alan & Grant

(The MacGregors #3-4)

Multi-New York Times bestseller Nora Roberts has enchanted and delighted millions with her captivating stories. And the powerful, passionate MacGregor clan is one of her most beloved and enduring creations. Around the globe, readers have taken Daniel and his bull-headed, love-resistant brood to their hearts...and demanded more.

Creative, compelling and unconventional - Shel

Mass Market Paperback, 498 pages
Published December 25th 1998 by Silhouette (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The MacGregors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The MacGregors

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The MacGregors, Alan~Grant by Nora Roberts is made up of two separate stories, All The Possibilities and One Man’s Art, both originally published in 1985. In both stories, we have the Campbell siblings, Shelby and Grant. They are the children of the late Senator Robert Campbell who was assassinated fifteen years prior, right in front of his children. Both children have lasting scars from witnessing such a horrible loss and deal with it in different ways. Also, both children have grown up to be a ...more
Heather
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
shelby&alan(1st story)-i read another book in this series, and decided id continue on with this one.i just hate how the guys careers r so boring.a lot of authors write about lawyers or something like that and it just doesnt interest me at all.
however,im just glad i can halfway get into this after having to have slam nora's "treasures" book.
-"shelby decided not2 mention that the personable young man had had 6 pairs of hands-all very active." what?!
her descriptions of ppl just confuses me sum
Kathy Davie
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Third and fourth in the MacGregor romance series revolving around the MacGregor family and their friends. These two stories are contemporary and revolve around art.

This series is a mess chronologically and has a number of stories combined into single books, so you may want to explore my list of the MacGregor family saga.

Series (chronologically):
All the Possibilities, 5
One Man's Art, 6

Caro
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, roberts-nora
Super read! I loved the characters. This has great personalities, emotions, humor, family, swells and calm seas, and great HEAs. I loved both stories in this book and am looking forward to reading more in this series (some again)! Well written, descriptive, creative and pulls you in just to see what happens next. Totally Enjoy!
Amy  Brobst
May 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Nora Roberts and romances
Recommended to Amy by: Liz, my sister
Shelves: nora2019
Carolyn Eaton
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alan and Shelby are my most favorite MacGregor characters. Shelby's free spirit and Alan's Senatorial demeanor draw you in with their "opposites attract". Her resistance, his persistance and the push-pull of their fight against love at first sight...yum.
Kathy Smitheman
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Totally loved this book, to think that Alan could find things in common with Shelby, let alone fall in love! Always love Daniel’ meddling under the guise of looking out for grandchildren for his wife!
Grant & Gennie appear to be such opposites at first, then of course love fixes that!
Christa绮思
Bonnie Staughton
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When two young siblings see their beloved father, a politician running for President of the US, gunned down before their eyes, it affects their adult lives in different ways. One refuses to date aspiring politicians and the other lives in a lighthouse and seeks to be ALONE. It takes two persistent people to break through these limitations and show these "wounded" adults what their futures hold.

I really enjoyed this book in the MacGregor series and recommend it, even if it is the only book in th
Marika Chunyk
I finally finished this book. I am determined to finish series that I have started, and this is one of Nora Roberts earlier series that she wrote. The MacGregors are a clan that each have love problems. I enjoyed the second story better with Grant and the Artist he falls in love with. I will read the next two in the series.
Ana
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Jodi
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
A light read and a two fer. Essentially two books in one and furthers the development of Clan MacGregor . You learn about Alan and Shelby and their path to find love and deal with the past. Then her brother Grant and his path from healing to find love with Justin's cousin Gennie. The interweaving of family is kind of hilarious but interesting to see the dynamics.
Gail
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good but kind of predictable!
Kristi Newby
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Grant's story, but not as much Alan's. Still worth the read though!
Mindy Cossins
Christi Snow
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the Possibilities:
Story Overview:
Creative, compelling, unconventional—Shelby Campbell was unlike any woman Senator Alan MacGregor had ever known. The cynical politician found himself falling in love with the spirited beauty, though she kept him at arm's length. But Alan was determined and nothing was going to keep him from getting what he wanted—not even the centuries-old feud between the MacGregors and Campbells….

My Rating: B+

My Review:
I really enjoyed the story of this MacGregor book. Thi
Edan Marie Esquibel
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am really unhappy that I wasn't able to finish this book sooner than later because reality hated me so much it punched me with reality-related things to do.
[image error]

For one well, for people like me who are hopeless romantic and such.. i guess you can relate, I mean, you're reading this review and all, it's a good read with a nice story line 2 story lines, actually .

Well, okay, I must admit it adheres much to the traditional structure of love stories but then again, who am I to compl
Pooja
yep....gonna love it....
Anne Holly
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-away
It took me a long time to read this, because I just wasn't into the first story and kept wandering away. Overall, it was "ok," but, like most of the old NR re-packaged for fresh marketing, they were dated, facile, and not all that interesting.

The first story, All the Possibilities (1985), was marred by a serious issue of bulldozing and consent. While the "hero," Alan, was toted as a liberal, modern man, he sure strong armed his way through this book, with gem dialogue like this:

Shelby: "There's
Maria
All the Possibilities: Alan, the oldest of the MacGregor children, is the serious one. He is a US Senator in his mid-thirties and his hoping to run for President eventually. However, he has yet to meet anyone he wants to make his wife. Shelby is a potter, who owns a small store in Georgetown. More importantly she is the daughter of Senator Robert Campbell and grew up in the Washington political scene, so she knows all the political ropes. She couldn't be more perfect for a Senator's wife. Alan f ...more
Stacy
Dec 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In All the Possibilities, Washington, D.C., socialite Shelby Campbell meets Senator Alan MacGregor and the attraction is immediate and powerful. Unfortunately, Shelby is determined to avoid romantic involvement with any public figure, a resolve that stems from her witnessing her politician father's assassination. A man in the spotlight, especially a man in politics, is too vulnerable, and she can't risk losing someone she loves again. Her determination is no match for Alan's, though, as the han ...more
Julie theriault
couldn't get into the story but the beginning was good
Brenda Margriet
Read these previously. Still enjoyed them, but obviously older style books.

In Alan's book, the oldest son of Daniel falls in love with the daughter of an assassinated presidential hopeful (he died years before). He has to break down her resistance to his being a politician (who ends up President 'off the page' later on). Shelby is a pottery artist in her own right, and a fun character. Liked Alan's patient persistence, although he does come across as a bit a boneheaded. There is one scene in par
Kai
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book in the series.

All the Possibilities

I enjoyed this book and loved Shelby and Alan. Shelby is an eccentric artist who watched her father get assassinated on the campaign trail, and vowed that she wouldn't become involved with politicians, but Alan MacGregor has other plans. They fall in love quickly but Shelby struggles with Alan's profession.

I enjoyed this story and found myself laughing out loud when Daniel and Shelby met. Cannot wait to continue in the series.

One Man's Art

Th
Veda
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this classic book from Nora Roberts.
Elizabeth
Again, I loved the stories, however the redundancy is getting to be a little much.

Overall, here it is in all the stories, one of the people that Daniel has tried to match make meets their potential mate. They both are strong willed and do not want love, and will not bend. They both have to have each other because it's like the world stops when they touch one another.........mind blowing sex, and then one of them decides they do not want to be tied down, but the other is head over heels in love,
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Dead of Night
  • Nora Roberts
  • Tough Enough: The Cowboy & The Cougar & Odd Man Out
  • Deadly Contact
  • Catspaw (Blackheart #1)
  • Man of Ice (Bighorn, Wyoming #2)
  • The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3)
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • The Manning Brides (Those Manning Men, #1-2)
  • After the Kiss (Captive Hearts,#2)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • Midnight in Ruby Bayou (Donovan, #4)
  • จนกว่ารักบันดาลใจ

The MacGregors (9 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)
“It's part of us," she said jerkily. "How could I not want part of us? It's your baby.I'm carrying your baby and I love it so much already it terrifies me."
"Oh,Diana." He touched her then, gently, his hands on her face. "You've let two weeks go by when we could have been terrified together.”
8 likes
“I'm not in love with someone!" he shouted at her, infuriated because she was right and he couldn't do a thing about it. "I'm in love with you, and damn it,I don't like it."
"You've made that abundantly clear." She straightened her shoulders and lifted her chin.
"Don't pull that regal routine on me," Grant began. Her eyes sharpened to dagger points. Her skin flushed majestically. Abruptly he began to laugh.When she tossed her head back in fury,he simply collapsed against her. "Oh,God,Gennie,I can't take it when you look at me as though you were about to have me tossed in the dungeon."
"Get off me,you ass!" Incensed, insulted, she shoved against him, but he only held her tighter. Only quick reflexes saved him from a well-aimed knee at a strategic point.”
8 likes