Start by marking “Claudia and Mean Janine: A Graphic Novel (BSC Graphix, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Claudia and Mean Janin...

Raina Telgemeier

Claudia and Mean Janine: A Graphic Novel (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #4)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  5,840 Ratings  ·  294 Reviews
Claudia and her sister, Janine, may as well be from two different planets. Claudia, who pays more attention to her art than her grades, feels she can't compete with her perfect sister. Janine studies nonstop, makes straight As, and even takes college-level courses. The girls are nothing alike, and they can't agree on anything. While Janine devotes all her time to working o
Paperback
Published April 9th 2009 by Graphix (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Claudia and Mean Janine, please sign up.

Ilirjana my favorite character is Kristy Thomas. Because she is going through a lot and she still takes care of the club:)

Kate
I read this while standing in an aisle at B&N and now I want them all. The whole series. For me. My kids can borrow them if they're nice.
Gabrielle
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awww this last one was so heartwarming definitely my favorite in the series and one of my favorite graphic novels ever!! Everyone read this series!!
Natalie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So darn cute!!!! I love how each of the books have little lessons in them.

The illustrations are so perfect and they are adapted well without losing vital pieces to the story.

I always loved Mimi. She was so sweet to Claudia.
Liam
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good It's probably my second favorite book in the series. I really liked how Janine and Claudia get into a fight but somehow it makes them closer to each other. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a good and fast read.
Sarri
Telgemeier jatkaa näitä mukavia Baby-sitters Club -sarjakuvaromaaneitaan. Yllätyn itsekin, kuinka kiva näitä on lukea.
Gina
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these sweet stories. It is a heart warming story of everyday life, the good and the bad told in a wonderful way.
Madelyn Rose
This book was okay. I read the first book and I really liked it. I thought that it was an accurate depiction of the actual Baby Sitters Club books by Anne M. Martin. When I was at the library, I decided to take this book out and just read the series a little out of order. It wasn't that this book was bad, I actually liked it. There were just a few things that didn't really go over well or just things I wanted to bring up.

1.) In the first book, the pictures were in color. This time, the pictures
Barbara
This is a well-conceived graphic novel version of part of the popular The Baby-sitters Club written originally by Ann Martin. Raina Telgemeier describes how she chooses which scenes to depict in the book, which is a wonderful addition for graphic novel fans. She seems to have stayed true to the series' intent and flavor, and readers will fall in love with the characters as Claudia struggles with her feelings of inferiority since her parents seem to favor her older sister Janine who makes excelle ...more
Jenni Joru
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: viitoskuutoset
BSC -sarjan Telgemeierin uudelleentulkinta on edennyt neljänteen osaan. Tässä osassa tarkastellaan kahden tyttöparin välisiä skismoja. Kristy ja BSC:iin viimemmäksi liittynyt Dawn eivät oikein tule toimeen. Kristy on vähän mustasukkainen kavereistaan ja omistushaluinen myös Baby-Sitters clubin suhteen. Pahinta tietysti on, että Dawnin ideat ovat oikeasti hyviä. Kuinka ärsyttävää! Jotain pitää tapahtua, että Kristyn ja Dawnin kaveruus saa mahdollisuuden.

Claudia ei taas tule hyvin toimeen siskons
Rachel A.
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed re-reading all the Babysitters Club books (or at least, all that are available) in graphic novel form, but this one really had the most impact. I remember reading the original Claudia and Mean Janine many years ago when the BSC was my favourite series, and it was always a book that stood out to me. It touches on so many sensitive but very relevant topics, especially sibling rivalry. I really liked how Raina Telgemeier succeeded in bringing Janine's character to life and really letti ...more
Rebekah
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, youth, 2016
Adorable and with a great message about communication and sibling rivalry. I enjoyed this better than the original novel.
Maya
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the original first baby sitters club book, so when I got this i was very excited. When i read this, i read it in 2 hours, loving it so much. I bet you will enjoy it as much as i did.
Olivia S.
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to learn about loving siblings and caring about the people that you love. You should read it!
Climbergirlz
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I read it in 2 hours and those were the best two hours of the week.
Messaline
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sometimes it's funny and it' a good book for girls or maybe boys
El-jorro
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ComicWorm Speaks!

Claudia and Mean Janine: Full-Color Edition (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix #4)

by Ann M. Martin and Raina Telgemeier

****
Acquired: Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Series: The Babysitters Club (The Babysitters Club Graphix)
Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: GRAPHIX; Revised, Full Color Edition edition (January 26, 2016)
Language: English

****

The Story: Claudia and her sister, Janine, may as well be from two different planets. Claudia, who pays more attention to her artwork and The Baby-sitt
Maile Adams
I really enjoyed this book. It was very fun to read and i think that the author did a great job on it. In this book, two sisters live with their parents and Grandma. The sisters are completely different and do not get along. The younger sister is in a babysitters club and the older sister studies hard and is always on her computer.

But when their Grandma has a stroke, they must work together to get her better. The older sister gets off her computer and helps their Grandma and the younger sister
Haidyn.C
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book because it reminds me of my sister and me because we always fight over simply things. Also, it is not a boring book it has a lot of details. I recommend for whoever has a sister because they could find similarities that they fight over. It is different from the other Baby sitter club ones because usually it is about more charters and for this one it was not that much charters. Will the baby sitter club survive all these fighting with the kids they baby sit?
Star Ryan
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooooooooooooooooooo good! I want to own these books they are absolutely amazing and this last one was probably my favorite. there was basically nothing about it that I didn't like. I'm so thankful to have come across these graphic novels. I believe I love them even more than the original babysitter Club. the illustrations just bring so much life and laughter and feeling into the story. pure quality!!!
Lauren
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ ...more
Melody
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gotta love the BSC!

Everyone loves the Baby Sitters Club and these graphic novel versions are super cute! I love sharing them with my 4th graders as well as reading them myself!
Kris
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awwwww - Mimi. Everyone needs a Mimi. I need the rest of the series to be updated into graphic novels now.
Lauren Panageotou
This book was very good it had some drama here an there am kept me on the edge of my seat! Love this book and can't wait to continue reading the series!
Maren
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a preteen I loved The Babysitter Club books and reading this was a great reminder of why. The characters are very relatable and they deal with very relatable life problems. In this case, it dealt with love and jealousy between two sisters and how they learned to recognize each other's perspective.
My 8-year-old loved it as well. The graphic novel version was really well done.
Soobie can't sleep at night
Well, this is probably the best adaptation I've seen in quite a long time. I love everything about it. I love the art by Raina Telgemeier, I love the story, I love the little details such as asking five friends of yours to write the baby-sitters' dairy so, in the end, you would have five different (and real) penmanship.

I kind of like these stories also because there are no traces of cell phones in them. They kind of remind me of a golden age when cell phones didn't exist at all.

I've never had
Zaida S.
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book Claudia and mean Janine in the sires The Baby-Sitters Club is about Claudia and her friends and family. Claudia is part of the babysitters club and loves to paint, her sister Janine is all about her grades and her homework, and being perfect. There's only one thing they have in common is that they both love their grandma, Mimi. When afternoon when Claudia and her sister were fighting Mimi went upstairs and had a stroke. Claudia mediately called the ambulance. After that Claudia was very ...more
Carolina Torres
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-Sitters Club Claudia and Mean Janine by Raina Telgemeier is not Raina's best book, It was somewhat boring in some particular parts,but not too boring for me to put down the book a get a new one to read or say "This book is SO boring." It's not too bad. This book is about two sisters that live in two different worlds. Claudia is a teenage girl who hates school and always gets straight C-'s or below and she LOVES art and her babysitter club (the club is about a group of friends who babysi ...more
Mariah Leach
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claudia and Janine are two sisters who are not very similar. While Claudia is more into fashion,art, and her close group of friends who have a baby sitting club her sister Janine is quite the opposite. Janine spends much of her time in her room studying or going to school and places a greater value on intelligence than her sister does. These very significant differences in value creates many problems between them and with little attempt to understand where each other comes from. When an accident ...more
Ciara
a graphic novel version of the book by the same name. cute, if not all that memorable. maybe i was distracted because i read it at the laundromat & i kept getting up to see if the wash cycle was finished.

as an aside, i was poking around on youtube last night, & i found a series of videos that act out these graphic novels using american girl dolls. the credits to the videos say that they are based specifically on the graphic novels, & they also mention that the graphic novels are bas
Meepelous
Wow, a really hard hitting volume of BSC!

As someone who worked for a couple of years with older adults, I really appreciated the way that her grandmother's stroke was handled. Watching your loved ones get older, and feeling yourself getting older, is freaky - even to those of us in the adult world. But as per usual Martin and Telgemeier handle the lessons for readers (old and young) with great skill and maturity.

SHOWING rather then telling, and especially in this volume just being open to us abo
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 3: Superheroes (Amelia Rules! #3)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Lunch Lady, #4)
  • Owly, Vol. 4:  A Time to Be Brave (Owly, #4)
  • Gabby and Gator

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1)
  • The Truth About Stacey (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #2)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #3)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #5)

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Very Valentine
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Cellar
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Ireland