Start by marking “Navy Brat (Navy #3)” as Want to Read:
Navy Brat (Navy #3)

Navy Brat

(Navy #3)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  1,339 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber will capture readers' hearts with the third title in her popular Navy series." After more than 12 years, Silhouette Books is proud to bring readers Debbie's greatly anticipated "Navy" stories once again. Erin MacNamera had one hard-and-fast rule: never, never, never fall for a navy man. From birth through college, Erin had ...more
Published December 25th 2003 by Silhouette Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Navy Brat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Navy Brat

Noemí
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: retoria-2-2018
#RitaMacomber #RetoRita2

Sinceramente no sé que decir de este libro.
La historia o más bien el concepto de la historia, en si no esta mal, pero no me ha terminado de convencer.
No sé si es por que la autora no ha sabido sacarle más provecho o simplemente que no me ha llegado.
Sobre todo por que desde el principio el personaje femenino,Erin, me ha sacado de quicio, ha estado todo el libro mareando la perdiz, ahora si ahora no. Hasta el último minuto de la historia.
No he llegado a empatizar con ella
Heidi
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How Brand put up with Erin's stubbornness is beyond me. Still a very heart warming book. Now of to the next one in this series.
Monique Pearson
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really really enjoyed this book. I was slightly annoyed by her stubbornness, but figured at some point she'd get it worked out in her head. I kind of wish we got more details about the wedding night.
Jenn O'Brien
As a long time reader of Debbie Macomber, I am so happy to see her writing has progressed to where it is today. Her early books are just so hard to like. The "adult scenes" are eye rolling and unnecessary. It is almost like a publisher said, in order to sell copies, we need to spice this up a little, let's throw a scene in here and another one there.

Unlike the first two books in the Navy series, this story features an entirely new set of characters, although their issues remain similar, the woma
Pam
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Navy Brat is by Debbie Macomber. This is one of two books in the boo. Navy Grooms. This book is cute and makes a good summer read.
Erin MacNamara has stated, for the record, that she will not and does not intent to date any member of the Navy. She grew up s a Navy Brat and moved all over the world. All she wanted now was to stay I one place and plant some roots. She isn’t prepared for Lieutenant Brandon Davis to cross her path. She is immediately attracted to him but fights that attraction with
Alida Arabelle
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Lovely book indeed. I was really waiting to finish this too so now I've just one more in the navy series left. Yah I'm not reading in an order. It's just a really great series. If u r looking for a really damn romantic series I suggest this one.
Susan Broderick
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love reading Debbie Macomber books. She is such a good writer. This book kept me hooked to the end.
Leanne Seidelman
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Debbie. They just keep coming!
Natalie
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: macomber
This is an early Macomber work, as well as my first of the Navy series, so perhaps I shouldn't judge it so harshly- however, it was a bit disappointing. The characters were annoying, the plot redundant, and the ending felt way too rushed. The sexual acts Erin and Brand engaged in were unbelievable, to say the least. Who goes that far, as involved and turned on as they are, and don't go all the way? He takes care of her but refuses her to take care of him? How noble. Brand is afraid they will onl ...more
Teresa
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know the old saying never say never, when you do, you do it anyway. That is like this story of Navy Brat by Debbie Maccomber. Erin, was a navy brat, father was in the navy,; so when he ask Brand to check up on his daughter up in Seattle he did. Erin, was not hot, she was down to earth girl. When they met Erin, told him she do not like navy guys, but he did not let her know about her father. But, Brand kept on after Erin, so thay went out couple of times, until he got orders to go to another ...more
Jeanne (love2cook)
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoy reading Debbie Macomber books. The stories are upbeat and have interactive characters. There's always a lot of romance with a happy ending to follow. This one is no exception. Erin MacNamera was hard to believe as she was suppose to be in love with Brandon Davis, but she wouldn't commit to being his wife. She seemed to do everything she could to get out of their romance. She finally saw the light but it took her way to long to do it. Think of the wonderful life she missed out on by all ...more
Adventures with Shelle
I was able to read this all in one sitting. I'm a huge fan of the Navy series especially Navy Blues and Navy Baby. This one was not as good as the others and I was left a little disappointed.
I did enjoy the character of Brand but I would have preferred to see the angst he felt about being Erin's dads mate portrayed a bit better or in more detail.
I can't believe how badly Erin treats him and he is still into her.
Debbie Heaton
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Macomber’s romance novel, Erin MacNamera is a navy brat with one rule: don’t trust any man in the Navy. When an old friend asks Lieutenant Brandon Davis to look up his daughter, he finds himself face-to-face with Erin and the knowledge that they are meant for each other. When Brandon is called to duty, the opportunity presents itself for him to show Erin that navy men are reliable, dependable, and capable of love.

As always, Macomber weaves a memorable story of romance.

Emily Higgins
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Erin MacNamara had promised herself that she would not ever marry a man in the military. She had enough of moving all over the world while her father was in the Navy. Then she met Lt. Brandon Davis. The attraction was immediate. Now Erin must decide which is stronger, her aversion to military life or her love for Brand. Good story.
Barbi
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a total sucker for a good romance novel but one that includes a handsome fella in uniform and I am completely sold! This was no exception to that rule. Brand seems like the perfect Navy man and I loved reading as he and Erin fought their feelings for one another. The supportive characters were also wonderful. This was definitely worth my time to read it!
Lauri
Aug 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Debbie Macomber's ability to write a romance where you can tell that the attraction goes beyond the physical. Brand is a great hero. I will say I noticed as I read that the book is 19 years old, and I couldn't help but notice how times have changed: no cell phone, no email, no war in Iraq or Afghanistan. It makes me wonder how the book would be written today.
Courtney Moulton
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love the way the story can take you on a ride and make you feel like that you are there and apart of it. This book a great book to cuddle up with the book or on your electronic device and a warm blanket and just get lost in it.
Lara
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
I hate the trope where the man knows better than the woman what's good for her. I dislike the repeated belief that he is right and she will eventually "come to her senses." And I really hate when a man calls the woman he loves "baby". All three are overwhelmingly present in this book.
Martha
Aug 27, 2010 rated it did not like it
I'm done with this Navy series. The books are just so unimaginative and unnecessarily raunchy. Not to mention that there is no depth to the characters whatsoever, and this "love" that they're in is fueled only by lust. All in all, this series is a disappointment and I don't recommend it.
Titi
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Least favorite so far of the Navy series.
Quynh
Dec 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
It just felt trite from the beginning, no pull, no charm. I didn't even want to finish it.
Zohrah
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Quite an interesting read but it's too erotic compare to the first few books. The book is full of lust. Not too crazy about it. Plot of story is quite nice but too short, too sudden of an ending.
Amber
Sep 07, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
It's was a sweet story. I also think the Debbie Macomber understands base living and you can see it in her writing. (navy series)
Lhou
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
the veryb first novel ive read, ive the sweet story of erin mcnammera, this is how i got the name erin as my pseudo on the phone..
Gwynn
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love this series. Can't wait to see the next adventure.
Yosss chaouch
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fran Tucker
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommend -- good read
Kimberly
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
What a great book, quick read and just couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Kim Hampton
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the other books in this series that I've read so far, but still a great story.
Valine
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
I've only read a couple of Debbie Macomber's books and was disappointed with this one because it wasn't clean. Good storyline but was cheapened by the "petting".
  • At Your Command
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Kentucky Heat
  • Fulfillment
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • Risking It All (SEAL, #2)
  • Hit Hard
  • The Specialist
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Daring Moves
  • Home Fires
  • Flyboy
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Taking Cover (Wingmen Warriors, #2)
  • The Apartment
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more

Navy (6 books)