Start by marking “Yesterday Once More” as Want to Read:
Yesterday Once More

Yesterday Once More

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
JUST LIKE BEFORE ...

Three years ago, Julie Houser had fled from Wichita, Kansas, before her wedding. Young and shy, Julie had felt incapable of entering handsome Daniel Van Deen's society world--and incapable of impressing his society dragon of a mother.

But Julie had been unable to forget the love she'd shared with Daniel. Resolutely, she decided to return and convince him
Paperback, Silhouette Romance, 189 pages
Published September 1st 1986 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Yesterday Once More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yesterday Once More

Marianne
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Yesterday Once More is the twenty-first stand-alone novel by popular American author, Debbie Macomber. Having left her wealthy fiancé Daniel Van Deen just before the wedding, some three years earlier, Julie Houser is back in town to face up to things. Back then Julie couldn’t cope with the way her prospective mother-in-law took over, insisting everything be done the right way (her way), and Daniel went along with it all. Now she’s ready to apologise and make amends, but it seems Daniel is still ...more
Desirée
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 13/12/2010

NO ME ABANDONES
Yesterday once more

Tres años atrás, Julie Houser abandonó Wichita, Kansas, cuando estaba a punto de casarse. La joven y tímida Julie había sido incapaz de adentrarse en el mundo del atractivo y rico Daniel Van Deen, y de su madre...
Pero Julie no había podido olvidar a Daniel y decidió regresar para convencerlo de que un amor verdadero era algo demasiado valioso como para dejarlo atrás.
Dawn Livingston
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read an occasional romance novel but I don't consider myself a fan of the genre. Too easy to be sappy, predictable, annoying and even stupid. Debbie Macomber has lots of books but I've always ignored them because they sounded like the stereotypical romance but I decided to read one just to see what the big deal was about. I decided on this one. The idea of a woman who leaves her husband before the wedding, and then goes back to try to make amends because she knows she made a mistake appealed t ...more
Julie Barrett
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Yesterday Once More by Debbie Macomber
Julie was being controlled by his mother. Everything from telling her what to wear before work and how to furnish her apartment.
Daniel is a spoiled guy who lives by what his mother says.
Just days before the wedding she has had enough and leaves it all behind to go live with an aunt on the west coast. Her career continues til she's learned she really does love him and goes back to town.
She confronts him but he wants nothing to do with her. She then goes to hi
Claire
May 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: rekindled-love
I admire the heroine here for returning back to the scene of the crime. Three years ago, she walked away from an engagement for fear of not measuring up to her future husband and mother-in-law. And now she’s back after realizing that her true love remains the man she left behind.

The man takes her back and even marries her but everything has changed for him. He’s more possessive and controlling for fear that she would leave again. Abetted by a friend/co-worker, she teaches him that he need not b
Bookish Enchantment
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Well this will not go down as one of my favourite Macomber books. I simply found the whole story annoying. Ok so I stuck with it but I suppose that is because it was easy reading that filled in gaps. In relation to the characters though I found Daniel a totally self centred Mummies boy but Julie a good character showing growth.

Maybe the story was a bit rushed?
Jackie
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice little story about a girl who leaves her rich fiance behind because she feels pressured by her soon-to-be-mother-in-law and being made into a society girl. She returns two years later still in love with her fiance who, of course, wants nothing to do with her at first. Was ready for an easy read.
Georgette Belisle
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Julie is a middle class woman engaged to a wealthy man whose mother disapproves. A week before the wedding she flees. Three years later Daniel has become a very stubborn, hurt man and both women have changed. Will Julie and Dan be able to get back to love?
Darlene Wilson
3 yrs ago, Julie Houser fled from Wichita, Kansas - before her weddng. She felt incapable of entering Daniel Van Deen's world -- of impressing his mother. But she had been unable to forget the love she'd shared with Daniel. She goes back - to try to make things right - - -
Amanda
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day. I just could not put it down! I recommend this book highly
Rosemary Yakubowski
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another good romance by Debbie Macomber
Kristen
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another light easy read. One of her older books.
Lorraine Duran
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aww man Debbie Macombers get me every time I read them all in one day doesnt matter how many pages. She just knows how to give you something for every situation
Barbara
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great New Year's Day book!! Easy reading and pages flew by! Finished quickly with a good, feel good story. Enjoyed very much and recommend it to all who love a good love story.
PWRL
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Apartment
  • Something Different/Pepper's Way
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • The Homeschool Experiment: A Novel
  • Awaken to Danger (Wingmen Warriors, #11)
  • Kid Power
  • The Comeback of Conn MacNeill (Sweet Home, Carolina, #3; MacNeill Brothers, #2)
  • Fatal Mistake
  • The Delany Sisters' Book of Everyday Wisdom
  • Deeply Regretted By
  • My Long Tall Texas Heartthrob (Cedar Dell, #2)
  • Attic Treasures
  • Blood of the Dragon (Blood of the Dragon #1)
  • All or Nothing
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...