Start by marking “Her Colorado Man” as Want to Read:
Her Colorado Man

Her Colorado Man

When eighteen-year-old Mariah found herself pregnant and unmarried in her small Colorado town, she disappeared. One year later, she returned with a baby—though minus the "husband" who had conveniently ventured off to Alaska's gold fields to seek his fortune….

But now, with handsome adventurer Wes Burrows turning up and claiming to be the husband she had invented, Mariah's l

Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Colorado Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Colorado Man

Start your review of Her Colorado Man
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

My Review :

I’ve become more and more aware that shorter reads are just not for me as they lack the necessary page time to fully develop the characters in a way and to the depth I need to make it a 5 star read. That said, this was still a fun, easy read and the characters, Wes and Mariah were great together.

Wes was raised in a “foundling home” and never knew what it was like to have a family. He was working as a mail delivery man in Alaska when he was injured in a bear trap. Upon returning home
willaful
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Catherine Anderson
The book description led me to expect a "Remmington Steele" sort of plot, but Wes Burrows really is Wes Burrows, and he's not at all a con man. His name was borrowed by Mariah, who needed a conveniently absentee husband to explain her pregnancy. When Wes receives a bunch of letters from a little boy who thinks Wes is his father, his own lonely past leads him to answer them, and then to decide to become John James' father for real.

This was a pleasant story without much excitement. Wes is a tende
Harlequin Historical
Western

Superb!

As some of you know, Western romance is not my favorite but I do enjoy the one or two that HH puts out each month. They give me a break from my favored Lords and Ladies. Every once in a while, a Western jumps to my favorites list and keeper shelf. Her Colorado Man is one of those. I LOVED this book. The unlikely situation that the heroine, Mariah, finds herself in completely captured me. The hero's (Wes) hunger for a family and place to belong took hold of my heart and never let go
Desi
Leída en Mayo 2010

Bonita historia...
Pink Angel
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, sensual, sentimental and so enjoyable. It was a very well written book. I had no doubt it would be, Cheryl St. John is a great writer and I love her works. It was a well developed and well formed story with a perfect characterizing and it's absolutely perfect. LOVED IT FROM THE START TO THE END. I recommend it to all.
Special Thanks to Cheryl St. John for being a great storyteller.
Galena Sanz
3.5 en realidad. Después de la primera lectura que hice de esta autora me quedé con ganas de leer algo más suyo ya que su estilo me gustó y tiene títulos en una ambientación que me gusta mucho.

El marido soñado es una novela que merece bastante la pena, lo que menos me gustó me lo encontré en el inicio porque de no ser por la sinopsis nos perderíamos, ya que empieza digamos que in media res y si la sinopsis no nos da esa información importante nos costaría ubicarnos. Yo creo que una historia debe
Ayu Wirdha
Jun 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Menjadi anak dari seorang pemilik pabrik batu bata tidak menjamin Eliza hidup bahagia. Kakak iparnya (Royce)yang berambisi mengambil alih kepemilikan pabrik tersebut dengan menikahi Eliza setelah istrinya meninggal. Belum hilang rasa sedih Eliza karena kakaknya meninggal (Jenny), Royce sudah langsung mengancam mengambil hak asuh dari Tyler. Sebenarnya Tyler ini adalah anak Eliza, karena lahir diluar nikah maka supaya tidak terjadi skandal dianggap Tyler ini adalah anak Royce & Jenny.

Jonas pemili
Monica
Oct 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who like happy endings
If you’re looking for a book with twist and turns and nail biting moments because you don’t know how it’s going to play out this is not the book for you.

This is for those looking for a great easy read that has a happy ending.

Even though you know how the story plays out and how it’s going to end Cheryl St John still give you a solid group of characters and keeps you interested in them and the story line thru out the book.

Enjoyed reading this book and will be reading more of her books.
Jinène
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un excellent livre avec la plus belle, naturelle, désirée et plus que parfaite histoire d'amour que j'ai jamais lue.
Je recommande à toute femme de le lire, si jamais les livres vous aideront à oublier l'imperfection de ce monde.
Je remercie Sirine Mili qui m'a prêté et recommandé ce livre.
Rosemarie
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked it. The premise was interesting and the characters likable. My one criticism is I wish more time had been spent on developing the relationship between the hero and heroine. They seemed to go from two strangers that were weary of each other to being in love very quickly.
Naima
Bener2 cerita yang manis, mengalir lancar dan ...pokoknya puas deh. Bercerita tentang seorang pria, Wesley Burrows datang dari Alaska ke Colorado untuk memenuhi harapan seorang anak, John James, 6 tahun, yang merindukan ayahnya. Ia bukanlah ayah anak itu, tapi ada sesuatu ketertarikan besar bagi Wesley untuk menemuinya karena ia sendiri adalah seorang pria yang sebatang kara semenjak masih kecil. Ia ingin merasakan kehangatan sebuah keluarga.

Kedatangan Wesley, membuat kacau perasaan Mariah, ia
Linda Walters
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the plot sounds like it's kind of out there, unlikely even, I really liked it. The information blurb is what helped grab my attention. The M.C.'s were so good, I kind of fell in love with both of them. Mariah's family was large and loving, they added to the story without taking it over. Wes was so tender and he put up with a lot of abuse for something that he hadn't done. At first he also put up with a lot of flak from Mariah, but like he said he hadn't really thought the whole thing throu ...more
Hilcia
The book is warm on the sensual scale and excellent when it comes to characterization. St. John really takes her time when it comes to developing the protagonists and their romance. She gives you the reasons behind both Mariah and Wes' motivations as we get to know their past histories -- some of which are complex, especially when it comes to Mariah's past experiences. The author also takes the time to develop the large cast of characters that make this story what it is, the Spangler family in p ...more
Barbara
Cheryl St. John is a very talented writer whose well-researched historical details made this time period, and what it might have been like to live during that era, come alive for me. They were interspersed within her fictional tale, and they helped it seem real and believable. Her character development is excellent; I found the Spangler family and the way they related to, and helped, one another delightful and endearing. I found myself identifying with them and caring about what happened to them ...more
Mombo
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! I couldn't figure out how the plot would resolve itself and CSJ does a fantastic job of putting on all the pieces together. Great locale, huge amount of background characters who were easily memorable, and best of all a terrific hero and heroine with a great love story in between and nicely tied up. Makes you thirsty for a draught after your done though because CSJ makes the beer sound so tasty! ...more
Lorka
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet story with an unusual storyline that I have not come across too often. But I’ve realized now that shorter reads/skinny Harlequin books are just not for me as they lack the necessary page time to fully develop the whole story. I feel that so much was missed in fully developing the characters, conversations and scenes that could have played out, etc. This story would have been awesome if it had 100 or so more pages like traditional historical romances.
Terri
Oct 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading this western story ... My rating is suppose to be four and half, close to five... I am going to keep this cause it has autographed on it. I love this cover much as I read the story
Carol
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The two strangers marrying plot had a totally unique twist. Of course you knew all along the hero and heroine were going to end up together, but how delightful to take a differnt route to the happy ending.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder,Amazon received
Mili Sirine
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i loved the book, it has a strong plot it was so addictive.
Tina
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book,
great author,
micki
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. A pretty simple and straightforward romance. Like a Hallmark movie or a warm hug.
Haley
Brittany Farrell
Dec 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 11, 2015 12:37PM

• King's Fancy (Wild West Book 1)
  • Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1)
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • A Joyful Christmas: 6 Historical Stories
  • Stormbreak (Seafire, #3)
  • The Target (FBI Thriller, #3)
  • Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2)
  • The Inn at Rose Harbor (Rose Harbor, #1)
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor, #3)
  • Rose Harbor in Bloom (Rose Harbor, #2)
  • Lost and Found in Cedar Cove (Rose Harbor, #1.5)
  • Falling for Her (Rose Harbor, #3.5)
  • When First They Met (Rose Harbor, #0.5)
  • Signs and Portents (Babylon 5: Season by Season, Book 1)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • The Forever Man
  • Take A Knee
  • The Banty House
Cheryl is the author of more than fifty historical and contemporary romances. Her stories have earned numerous RITA nominations, Romantic Times awards and are published in over a dozen languages.

In describing her stories of second chances and redemption, readers and reviewers use words like, “emotional punch, hometown feel, core values, believable characters and real-life situations.”

With a 4.9 s