Start by marking “Introducing Christian Education: Foundations for the Twenty-First Century” as Want to Read:
Introducing Christian Education: Foundations for the Twenty-First Century

Introducing Christian Education: Foundations for the Twenty-First Century

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Building on the success of his 1992 collection Foundations of Ministry (over 17,000 sold), Michael Anthony offers Introducing Christian Education to fill the need in the C.E. curriculum for an introductory foundations textbook--one that provides an overview and understanding of the broad range of subjects included in C.E.--for college and seminary use.

Thirty-one chapters a
Published September 1st 2001 by Baker Academic

To ask other readers questions about Introducing Christian Education, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introducing Christian Education

Ashley Bogner
The writing is a bit dry, but Introducing Christian Education has some interesting information!
Robert Murphy
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, own, teach
This is a good book, but a bit dated. It is a real hodge-podge, with the main editor contributing one section and each author being very distinct. There is no over-arching agenda, other than to introduce the reader to all the topics. All the authors are broadly evangelical, and non-seems distinctly Calvinist or Presbyterian (i.e. no Covenant Succession). I would recommend this to be read by any pastor, church educator, teacher, elder or parent.
Paul
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Read most of the chapters. Because they are written by different authors, some are okay and some are great. My favorite was probably Chapter 17 about small churches.
Krista Dominguez
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: homi601
I found this book full of useful information, but dreadfully boring. I know that some textbooks are not meant to be entertaining, but as a teacher I should hope it at least be encouraging or motivating to my ministry. Still a necessary part of my training, covering everything from the history of Christian education, to approaches to developmental psychology, to different teaching methods.
Christopher M.
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very solid, thorough introduction to nearly every possible aspect of what we call "Christian Education." There's a good mix of theory, history, and philosophy as well as many practical examples of how the teaching and learning processes play out. Probably just about the best book of its kind.
Tj Turner
Aug 10, 2011 rated it liked it
A useful resource but painful to read. In fact, I wouldn't recommend trying to read straight through it. Instead use it to look up basic info on various people and approaches to education and christian ed.
Jay Miklovic
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a bit of a painful read, but informative for someone who is not conversant with various theories regarding the philosophies of education and their relationship to education within the church. I imagine I will consult with this book again in the future.
Danny Bennett
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Had some useful information, a couple boring chapters.
Don
May 17, 2007 rated it liked it
Talbot Course: Educational Ministry in the Church

Anything and everything about Christian Education. It reads like a textbook- all the information you need along with all its staleness.
Brian Christensen