Start by marking “La Coccinelle mal lunée” as Want to Read:
La Coccinelle mal lunée

La Coccinelle mal lunée

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  27,709 Ratings  ·  840 Reviews
Les pucerons sont de très petits insectes. Ils sucent la sève des feuilles, qui se dessèchent et meurent. En mangeant les pucerons, les coccinelles rendent un fier service aux arbres, aux arbustes et à toutes les plantes qui portent des feuilles. Je leur dédie ce livre. Bravo à elles!
Hardcover, Album, 24 pages
Published July 2001 by Mijade (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about La Coccinelle mal lunée, please sign up.

Rachelle Boisjoli I picked up the message that it's ok to pick fights and to bluff/boast your way out of a fight. I really hated this book. Adults might find it funny,…moreI picked up the message that it's ok to pick fights and to bluff/boast your way out of a fight. I really hated this book. Adults might find it funny, but I don't find it appropriate for children.(less)
Benjamin Our one year old son did not have the attention span for it. He listened to it, but only because he was captive at the dining table :) When we tried…moreOur one year old son did not have the attention span for it. He listened to it, but only because he was captive at the dining table :) When we tried to have him sit on our laps and listen to it, he got too squirmy.(less)

Archit Ojha
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How can such a small, little book teach such valuable lessons like friendship, manners and many others. Well, it really does.
Ronyell
Ladybug

After I had read “The Very Hungry Caterpillar,” I really wanted to read more books by Eric Carle. “The Grouchy Ladybug” is definitely no exception in reading some of Eric Carle’s great works! “The Grouchy Ladybug” is a book by Eric Carle and it is about how a grouchy ladybug tries to pick a fight with the other animals no matter how large they are. “The Grouchy Ladybug” is truly one of the most hilarious books about the consequences of bullying that every child will definitely enjoy!

The book sta
Mandy
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute book!
Jem
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty sweet book about a pretty pugnacious ladybug. He better not try to fight me or I'll knock his chiclets out! If he stepped to me, first I'd be like "What?!?!":

description

Then I'd be all, "Fool, you really wanna end up like this chump? I'll beat my own dad, I don't give a damn!":

description

Then I'd freakin' eat you and all that would be left is some green gunk cuz I eat fools like you for breakfast:

Angela Blount
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books

Charming in execution, rhythmic in wording, and valuable in its many potential lessons. This may be Carle's best children's book.

A ladybug with an over-sized ego (and an attitude problem to match) faces off against increasingly larger opponents. His threats are met calmly by a colorful array of animals, each with their own unique traits and obvious advantages over the mouthy little aggressor. Each creature is politely but firmly prepared to stand up for itself against this pint-sized bully.

In t
Bookishrealm
Hahaha! I mean I'm glad she learned her lesson about picking on people no matter what size they are big or small. I really loved the artwork. I mean it's Eric Carle so I definitely enjoy it. I think this was a lesson about being nice to people no matter who or what they are because you never know what could happen.
Yashpreet
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
During the bad tempered ladybird fly towards breakfast he started an argument with an friendly ladybird who he propositioned to an fight but decided not to because he was bigger than the polite ladybird. The bad tempered ladybird decided to find someone big enough to fight. Finally when we propositioned the whale slapped the ladybird and he realised the consequences to his actions and he stopped being bad tempered.

I think this is a good book in the way it’s written with its repetitive streak. T
Priscilla
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, repatation, manner
I really like how the book is illustrated. The Grouchy Ladybug is one of the most funniest books I have ever read. there are so many concept being taught in this story. children will definitely enjoy this book.
Christina Starks
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eric Carle is a very famous children’s literature author. His illustrations are so powerful and creative. The Grouchy Ladybug is also known as The Bad-Tempered Ladybird. Throughout this story a very stubborn ladybug challenges another ladybug to fight for some aphids. The stubborn ladybug says (a repeated phrase throughout the whole book) that he isn’t big enough. For the remainder of the book, the ladybug goes around finding other creatures to challenge and continues to say that they aren’t big ...more
Shawn
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
After reading quite a few books by this author, this is the one for me that really misses the mark. The grouchy lady bug throughout the story goes and tries to pick a fight with various other creatures. Although she never fights, I don't believe that this is the right subject for this age group. The word fight is repeated on nearly every page, so it really sticks into a child's mind. I loved the illustrations but I would not read this book out loud to a child.
MCC Children's Li...: The Grouchy Ladybug - Challice 1 1 Apr 04, 2012 06:57PM
  • Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday
  • The Giant Carrot
  • A Color of His Own
  • If You Find a Rock
  • Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
  • Somewhere in the World Right Now
  • Verdi
  • How Big Is a Foot?
  • Over in the Meadow
  • Sir Cumference and the First Round Table: A Math Adventure
Eric Carle (born June 25, 1929) is a children's book author and illustrator, most famous for his book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which has been translated into over 30 languages. Since The Very Hungry Caterpillar was published in 1969, Eric Carle has illustrated more than seventy books, many best sellers, most of which he also wrote, and more than 71 million copies of his books have sold around ...more
More about Eric Carle...