Start by marking “Heart of Stone ” as Want to Read:
Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone (Long, Tall Texans #35)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,814 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Keely Welsh had a difficult childhood, feeling unwanted and unloved. Now living in Jacobsville again, she rediscovers Boone Sinclair, a rancher with his own demons. Though Boone has always seemed arrogant, his simmering sensuality is on full display. Boone Sinclair is tall, strong, and handsome. A businessman and a rancher, Boone has it all -- except for Keely Welsh. From ...more
Hardcover, Large print, 271 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Center Point (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Stone

Naksed
Way too loooooooooong of a torturous path to romance between the martyr heroine and the herobig fat jerk who pretty much tortures her for the entire length of the book, and not even a grovel at the end.

On the other hand, nowhere near Diana Palmer's usual level of gloriously insane writing. She must have written this one sober. Though I kind of missed the WTF-ery I have come to anticipate in her books.

jenjn79
Standard Diana Palmer fare. Although I didn't mind the book, liked it to a certain degree, there wasn't really anything unique about it. Her books are generally rather formulaic, but this one seemed like a re-telling of one or more of her other books. I could predict almost everything that was going to happen throughout the story.

Innocent young virgin down on her luck. She's in love with her best friend's older brother. Said older brother is an emotionally cut off rancher who wants nothing to do
Ann Keller
Oct 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Keely Walsh's father was heavily into drug trafficking and her mother was a drunk. When she was a teenager, Keely risked her life by jumping into a pit to save a young boy from a mountain lion attack. The attack left her shoulder scarred and her arm much weaker than it should have been.

Boone Sinclair used to be in Special Operations. Before he returned to ranching, he saw and did things that would make your hair curl. Some of those assignments left him damaged, too, both physically and mentally.
Amanda Sheila
Well, it's good. :)

Keely's miserable. Boone, her forever-crush man hate her. It shows blatantly by his cold demeanor toward her and he keeps acting like Keely didn't exist. Besides, even if Boone does like her, she couldn't say yes. Because she has some secrets. Secrets that she's not willing to share to anyone, especially Boone..

Very typical of Diana Palmer. Again, cold Alpha Male kind of Hero, way-too-young heroine, misunderstanding and secret past. Still, I'll never get enough of this theme
Kathy
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Cheesecake
Boone the ? and Keeley the perseverant.
The audio reader, Graham Halstead was great.
This wasn't my fave book by DP, but I can't fault Boone, because he had his reasons and well... they were good ones. But for 3/4 of the book you have no inkling of that.
Keely is good friends with Boons's little sister since she was a young teenager (she's now about to turn 20) and so has been a common sight at the ranch. He is almost scrupulous at ignoring Keely's existence and Keely is sure he hates her while sh
Barbara
Apr 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reading through another in the “Long Tall Texans” romance series, I can’t tell if I should be angry at Diana Palmer for writing such a bad novel or angry at myself for wasting an hour reading it.

Plain Keely Walsh is in love with her friend Clark’s brother, Boone Sinclair, a handsome rancher. As the book begins, Keely is 19 and Boone is 30. As the parent of a 17-year-old, I would drop-kick a 30-year-old man who came sniffing around my daughter. Are there really no other women closer to his
Christie P.
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Keely Welsh is best friends with Winnie Sinclair and has been for a while. Winnie is Boone Sinclair's little sister and for some reason Boone likes to pretend Keely doesn't exist. He acknowledges her presence well enough but for all intent and purposes she may as well be a piece of furniture!

They both seem fine with keeping their relationship as distant as possible, until Keely starts doing things that Boone can no longer ignore. Saving his dog and dating his brother?!

Boone can ignore a lot of t
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Saddle up cowboy because your in for the ride of a life time. Keeley is poor girl who works for a living. At least that is what Boone thinks. Add to that his brother Clark is going out with a gold digger girlfriend, and you've got problems. But as Boone learns you can't control every aspect of your life just because you are afraid to get hurt. Unlike Keeley's alcoholic mother and criminal father, she is the most stable of her family. Until her father starts making threats to get money. Then ever ...more
Cecelia
I liked this one more than some of her other more recent books but they all seem a bit too similar to me. I think the charachter interaction and frame of action is much more better constructed here than in other books, however I still have issues with the age of Keely and some of the circumstances that surround the charachters in their background.
Milea
Oct 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers, western fans, people who enjoy realistic fiction
This is one of my favorite books. I've probably read it at least a dozen times or so. The romance is sweet.
Jenny
May 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book contains one of the funniest scenes ever!! I can't explain it without spoiling the story. Maybe not spoiling but it'd definitely confuse you.
Barb
Sep 30, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a definite light read, read on a day after dental work holding ice to my face :):)
Melodie
I'm not a huge fan of Boone... Now I know that he had a reason for his behavior but nevertheless...
Hopefulpuffin
Definitely one of DP's better books with just a few quibbles.

The addict parents - mother in particular. No way is an alcoholic going to be drunk after 2 drinks. Ain't gonna happen.

Again with the whole drug running angle. I pretty much skim this stuff because it's so out there.

Otherwise the typical young virginal heroine and experienced taciturn wealthy hero. I'm not even going to bother with commas separating the adjectives.

Heroine not as much of a doormat which was a treat.
Penny
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hearts of stone. 33

This is a story about a girl not seen. But he knows shes their its a great story Diana palmer wrote another great story I couldn't put it down . a must read
Alexandra
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marginally better than the others within the series.
Alvis
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rogue

I really enjoyed reading this story. Another good one by Diana Palmer. I will recommend this book to friends and family. Alvis
Layne
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diana-palmer
Just the kind of book I like. One with excitement and intrigue. great job Diana!! well worth the time.
Kaycee ❤️
READ: JULY 2013
READ: DECEMBER 2014

Since last Dec. 18 was holiday here in Doha, I decided to re-read since I haven't decided what to read yet. And I chose to re-read my Diana Palmer's books.

Heart Of Stone is about Boone and Keely's story. It's a part of Jacobsville, Texas series. Boone Sinclair has always been fascinated and drawn to his little sister's best friend, Keely Welsh. And he didn't like it. Especially after her mother tried to seduced him and told him bad things about Keely. So he tre
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Homens do Texas 39
Coração de Pedra
Diana Palmer

Mais uma historinha gostosinha da DP. Posso estar enganada, mas sinto uma evolução nas estórias Homens do Texas. Não é nada mirabolante, mas sinto que mudanças na forma, se compararmos as primeiras estórias da série, vai perceber que os enredos estão mais elaborados.

A história não fica centra apenas nas obsessões do mocinho e nem inocência virginal da mocinha. Há um pano de fundo. Além do romance, quem lê a série sabe que em Jacobsville há o maior ar
Livia
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent entry to the Long Tall Texan series featuring Boone Sinclair and Keely Welsh. Keely has worshiped her best friend's brother for years but she's only 19 and Boone being 30 feels he's too old for her. Keely works for Bentley Rydel, Jacobsville's wealthy animal doctor which puts her square in the Comanche Wells/ Jacobsville community and a key player in the Long Tall Texas Series. (Both Keely and Boone are characters that will be featured in subsequent books.)

Keely has secrets that hamper
Lizabeth Tucker
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Nineteen year old Keely Welsh knew her love for Boone Sinclair was hopeless, even if the hard older man hadn't made it clear that he disliked her. Keely was the daughter of divorced alcoholics who made her young life a living hell. Now her father and his violent partner are back, looking for money. When Boone realizes the danger Keely is in, he finds himself becoming involved and realizing that he has been wrong about her character.

Palmer's heroines are good girls, usually shy. Her heroes are tr
Consuela Rossetto
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harmony
Ricchissimo, volitivo e sicuro di sé, Boone Sinclair ha tutto ciò che un uomo può desiderare, tranne Keely Welsh.

L'incantevole bellezza di lei lo ha sempre tentato ed è stato difficile resistere al suo fascino innocente.

Ma Boone era troppo esperto, il rapporto troppo impari per avere un futuro.

Quando però Keely si trova nei guai, lui le offre aiuto e protezione, accogliendola come ospite nella sua vasta proprietà.

Adesso che vivono sotto lo stesso tetto, tocca a Keely convincerlo che non è più un
Jo
Sep 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boone Sinclair/Kelly Welsh-he was a rancher and she was the best friend of his sister who early in life was scarred by a lion attack when her father had a anaiml perserve but her father lost the perserve because of law suits and she moved to her mother home and that were she because friends with Boone sister. Boone wanted nothing to do with her because of her age but things changed and they became close nad Boone told her to leave that ranch and never come back so she starting walking till she g ...more
Desiree reilly
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE COVER I HAVE IS THE ESSENTIAL COPY
WELL WHAT HAPPEN THE TOWN OF JACKSONVILLE WERE UP TO THE HART BOYS JANIE WAS IN LOVE BUT HOW CAN SHE
TELL LEO SHE IS THE ONE FOR HIM SHE CHANGE HER ATTITUDE HER GIRLFRIEND WAS TELLING HER THAT LEO DID NOT LIKE HER AND SHE WANTED HIM FOR HER SELF WELL WHEN JANIE CHANGE FOR THE GOOD AND THEN FALL FOR LEO WHO IS IN ON YOU WILL SEE WELL ALL COME TOGETHER OR DOES IT THE BOOK WILL KEEP YOU READING IT
I READ THEM IN ONE DAY
Gillian Murrell
Had a very Mills and Boon feel about this story Keely is in love with her best friends older brother but he appears to have no interest in her. Poor Keeley has been given a bad reputation but she is actually a virgin. Keeley was just to good to be true for me especially when as a young girl she jumped into the lions den to save a child while her father just stood by and watched. This act of bravery left Keeley dreadfully scared for life.
Barb
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rancher Boone Sinclair is the ultimate Long, Tall Texan—reticent, noble and blessed with a Texas-size stubbornness! He’s always been beguiled by the lovely Keely Welsh, but he’s kept his distance to protect her innocence. Yet Keely’s no longer a girl who needs his protection—she’s a woman out to win his heart!
This was full of suspense. Loved it! I wanted to slap Boone in the head at times, but it was a great read. 5 stars.
Danielle
Typical heart warming Diana Palmer, thankfully Boone was not a real jerk like some of her male protagonists. He was one of the nicer Long Tall Texans. The two main characters were definitely made for each other. They both had been scarred in the past, Boone by the war and Keely by her parents. Yet they were the only ones that could accept the other's scars.
Wynn
I completely disliked the characters, hunky rich Boone and Keely, the walk all over me virgin. Boone behaves like a jerk, thinks the absolute worst of Keely’s character then suddenly finds out he’s wrong (without apology) and the whimpering virgin, Keely, gives in to his kisses. I would have punched him.
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride
  • Forbidden or For Bedding?
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Million Dollar Men #3)
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • Except My Love
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Stay...
  • Tender Loving Care
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage, #1)
  • Love's Legacy
  • Her Best Friend's Lover

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 48 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, Tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)