Start by marking “An Unwilling Desire” as Want to Read:
An Unwilling Desire

An Unwilling Desire

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Falsely accused--twice in one lifetime.

Holly hadn't encouraged the affections of her boss, James Benedict. And she couldn't bear the thought of being held responsible for the final breakup of his marriage to Maxine--not when she already had one ruined marriage on her conscience.

To prove her innocence, she went along with Zack Benedict's risky scheme to make his brother jea
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #773, 186 pages
Published March 1985 by Harlequin (first published November 1984)

To ask other readers questions about An Unwilling Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unwilling Desire

Mar
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book. Holly is beautiful but naive in all aspects of life. She's been raped by her charming step brother as a teenager. Her step sister blamed Holly for the break up of the marriage between Holly's mother and her father. Holly, disillusioned by the betrayal of her beloved step brother, turned inward and severed contact with her mother.......

Years later she's working for James. He's in a wheelchair and experiencing marital troubles with his gorgeous ex model wife Maxine. James b
IamGamz
One of the best HP's that I have read.

I love Holly but absolutely adore Zack!
It's a story about Holly, whose life was forever changed after a horrific incident that left her with no one on her side.

Then she meets Zack and he brings color and laughter back into her life. Their interactions are sharp, cutting and witty. They are both attracted to each other but Holly feels she has to protect herself so she tried to keep him at a distance. Stubborn Zack refuses to allow that to happen and Holly
boogenhagen
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ishabelle
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first read the book, I was just going to give it a three. But as I analyzed the story and how the author played out the plot, the conflict, and the characters, I started to appreciate it more. The heroine started out a bit difficult to relate to, but she developed well into the story. The hero's initial reaction to the conflict was a bit unreasonable. However, he more than made up for things in the end.

I've always enjoyed CM's HP books. I'm glad I discovered yet another one that I liked
Kalyee
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-great, hq
Normally this would have been a three for me, but I had to give it that extra star because I was so impressed with how this old school HQ addressed the issue of rape.

(view spoiler)
Ashima
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Diana McVicker
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this book.
Sneha
Jul 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Extremely engaging plot!
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Very romantic story!! I really-really liked it..
Tweety
Apr 09, 2012
Sonya
Dec 18, 2012
RaZ
rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2016
Nov 12, 2014
Marlen Cortes
Apr 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...