Start by marking “28 Days Later, Vol. 2: Bend in the Road” as Want to Read:
28 Days Later, Vol. 2: Bend in the Road

28 Days Later, Vol. 2: Bend in the Road

(28 Days Later, Vol. 1 #1-24 (2009-2011) #2)

The film that changed horror forever continues here! Selena and her new comrades struggle against the infected, the American presence in the UK... and themselves. The story continues here a Selena is a survivor but even she must give pause when the mission has her breaking into the land she fought so hard to get out of.

Collects Issues #5-8
Published June 1st 2010 by Boom Town

To ask other readers questions about 28 Days Later, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 28 Days Later, Vol. 2

Start your review of 28 Days Later, Vol. 2: Bend in the Road
Alondra
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Selena just doesn't give 2 fuqqs.... seriously. I think in that situation, you just can't.
Sean Leas
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A much wearer outing than the first volume. The plot had all of the elements but felt tired and uninspired, the backstory with Derrick was out of place and did not go enough in-depth to give it any justice. The action saved this issue, so all wasn't lost. Hopefully the next volume will make up for this one.
Rainey
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Declan Shalvey amps up the action as he take over at issue 6 of this series. Looking forward to where he takes it.
Ashly Lynn
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who liked the first collection.
Recommended to Ashly by: I liked the first collection.
See review of Vol. 1: London Calling.
Taksya
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: british, fumetti, horror, serie
Secondo volume, comprendente le singole uscite da 5 a 8.
Prima di tornare al lento viaggio verso Londra dei tre sopravvissuti al precedente quartetto, un po' di flashback sui personaggi nuovi.
Nel complesso poca azione, episodi che sembrano servire solo ad allungare il brodo e a dimostrare che Selena non è così dura e spietata come vuole far credere.
Michael
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty fun stuff
Jedhua
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Story Synopsis: (view spoiler) ...more
Fizzgig76
Reprints 28 Days Later #5-8 (November 2009-March 2010). Clint and Selena find Derrick is dying from illness and try to hide from the infected while searching for medication. When they encounter a group of survivors led by a woman named Kate, Clint and Selena are sent on a mission to a nearby town and discover that in order to save Derrick, they might have to rescue Kate’s son Douglas as the infected move in.

Written by Michael Alan Nelson, 28 Days Later 2: Bend in the Road collects the next four
Andy Phillips
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies
This is a perfectly good second book in the series, but it isn't as exciting as the first book. The book contains chapters 5 to 8 of the story. Chapter 5 is a flashback to the beginning of the outbreak, filling in the backstory of the journalists a bit. Chapters 6 to 8 are a continuation of the main story. There are a few action scenes, but I felt that things were moving along quite slowly. It's good enough to make me want to buy the third book, and maybe some of the issues introduced will be ...more
Stefan
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
*Warning for very minor spoilers*

The journey to London continues for Selena and Clint as well as an injured Derrick. While searching for antibiotics for Derrick's infection (not the rage variety) Selena and Clint encounter some more survivors and are faced with some difficult decisions.

In Bend in the Road character flashbacks are expanded to include Clint and Derrick, offering an interesting outside world perspective to the infection in England and how the world is reacting to it, making for
Mike
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it
A good continuation of the storyline. The first chapter was the best from an art standpoint (and to give us necessary background on the journalists), but the rest of the book was better as a horror story. The human interactions were far creepier than the monsters - giving us glimpses into desperation, selfishness, mistrust and fear.

It's wonderful to see how well a writer can take a genre project and inhabit the characters so we actually believe this is from our own world. I really wish I could
Kaisersoze
Volume 2 continues the story of Selena and her surviving colleagues as they continue to make their way toward London. As you would expect, this is very middle of the road stuff as the characters develop while on their journey. No real surprises along the way, but there's enough here to keep the reader turning the pages. Like the first volume, it's a very quick read, matching the urgency of the characters journey across an infected Scotland.

A middle of the road 3 stars for Bend in the Road.
Jacobi
Dec 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trades-read
Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I'm in love with this series. It's kind of amazing that the frenetic feel of the 28 Days Later movie has been translated so well to the page. Even though this is light, I was actually surprised that Nelson worked in some pretty interesting character moments.
Meadow
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Again I like the story, art and female badassery (as stated in my review of the first book) but found myself more invested in the characters. Hence the higher rating. It's not looking good for these guys and I am interested to see where it goes from here.
JCUZZ
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just your average zombie novel nothing to extraordinary, so far I'm enjoying the series but I haven't been to surprised. I'm definitely going to continue reading, just because this is based off of one of my favorite zombie movies
Aldi
This was a lot better than Vol. 1, although I'm still not warming to the new characters a lot.
James
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Full review on HorrorTalk.com: http://www.horrortalk.com/comic-revie...
Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Overall review on Volume 1.
Mario Hernandez
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hope they make a movie based on these comics!
c p law
Jun 03, 2019

• 28 Days Later: The Aftermath
  • The Stand: American Nightmares
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1
  • Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead #1)
  • Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends
  • Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place
  • Revival, Vol. 4: Escape to Wisconsin
  • Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 1: There Will Be Blood
  • A Clash of Kings: The Graphic Novel, Volume Two (A Song of Ice and Fire: The Graphic Novels, #6)
  • The Girl Who Owned a City: The Graphic Novel
  • 28 Days Later (Faber and Faber Screenplays)
  • The Expanse: Origins
  • The One Trick Rip-Off + Deep Cuts
Michael Alan Nelson grew up in a small Indiana farming community before moving to Los Angeles in 2002. He is the winner of the 2004 New Times 55 Fiction contest for his short-short "The Conspirators" and was awarded the 2011 Glyph Comics Award for Best Female Character for the character Selena from his series "28 Days Later." Michael is the author of the critically acclaimed comic series "Hexed," ...more

28 Days Later, Vol. 1 #1-24 (2009-2011) (6 books)
  • 28 Days Later, Vol. 1: London Calling