Start by marking “Dinosaurs Love Underpants” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs Love Underpants

Dinosaurs Love Underpants

(Love Underpants)

The mystery of dinosaur extinction is solved! Scientists have plenty of theories about why dinosaurs are extinct, but the UK’s bestselling authorillustrator team of Claire Freedman and Ben Cort knows the real answer: The dinos were wiped out in an Underpants War! This wacky celebration of underpants is perfect for reading aloud, and the hilarious antics of T. rex and the g ...more
Published December 29th 2009 by Aladdin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs Love Underpants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs Love Underpants

Shoeb Narot
Sep 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Dinosaurs love Underpants’ by Clare Freedman & Ben Cort

I saw this book in my local library and couldn’t resist picking it up, the humor in the title and the cover illustration caught my attention.

Have you ever wondered why the Dinosaurs became extinct? If the answer is yes then I suggest you read on!

The story starts off with the cavemen feeling embarrassed about being nude so they decide to wear underpants. When the Dinosaurs see that the cavemen are wearing underpants they want some underp
Pooja
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
A mystery is solved here. How dinosaurs got all wiped out is the biggest question of our times and the book explains it all. It seems so true and convenient and convincing.
Mehsi
I read Monsters Love Underpants some time ago, and I adored that book. And guess what I found in my library yesterday? Yes, I found Dinosaurs Love Underpants. I was kind of expecting it to be the same kind of story as the Monsters, but it was quite different.

In this story we find out how the dinosaurs got extinct. Oh, you thought that was because of a meteorite, well believe me, after this book, you might reconsider. ;) It was a really funny book about cavemen, about dinosaurs, about fights on u
Venus
May 16, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One would think that any story that included underpants and dinosaurs would be a winner with kids, especially boys. For the kids at my story time, this just wasn't so. The book begins:

Dinosaurs were all wiped out,
A long way back in history,
No one knows quite how or why,
This book solves the mystery...

In this follow-up to the award-winning Aliens Love Underpants, Claire Freedman attempted to write another fun underpants story, but the story simply felt forced. The rhymes often did not flow, not ro
Michaela
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedom delivers what you would imagine it would from the title, it is a fun, short story about just what happens when Dinosaurs discover underpants. I first came across this book when working in the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is a beautifully illustrated courtesy of award winning illustrator Ben Cort, the illustrations work effortlessly to bring the story to life. This has to be one of the most popular stories I have read to children, they were always a ...more
Eloise baker
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book when I was in Reception during book week because I thought it would really appeal to the boys, which it did. They thought it was hilarious!

This book has lovely vibrant illustrations which really match the text. It is the story of how the dinosaurs became extinct, when the caveman decided to start wearing underpants the mean T-Rex wanted a pair too. Soon all the dinosaurs were fighting over their pants - in fact the fighting got so bad that the dinosaurs were all wiped out.

The b
Hilary
Doesn't quite roll off the tongue as easily as Aliens Love Underpants (parents, be warned - you may need to practice the long dinosaur names in advance) but it's just as silly.
Magila
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5
Laura Elisabeth
Me and C read this today, a funny story with some great illustrations {10 minutes spent deciding which pants belonged to which family member} A lovely funny read, great for younger kids.
Mama Bibliosoph
Why are dinosaurs extinct? Turns out it's because they all killed each other over underpants!

With this silly premise, a colorful and active tale unfolds using rhyme and rhythm to carry kids along for the ride. The aim is simple: make underpants cool. There's no connection made between wearing underwear and using the potty, and that's okay. The focus on underwear is the whole point.

There are some things about this book that are a miss. Many of the writing choices are odd—and I'm not talking about
Jill
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Such a humorous and fun spin on the dinosaurs and how they were wiped out long ago. The story began telling of cavemen and their nakedness. Someone came up with underpants for them! The largest of them all, the T-Rex, wasn't chasing the cavemen to eat them, he just wanted their underwear. He ripped the furry briefs when he couldn't get them past his feet. Triceratops wore them on every horn, but another dinosaur took them. The rest of the dinosaurs quickly tried them on but tore them in a tug-o- ...more
n
Aug 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I often find issues with books that have dialectal rhymes (saw/more) when there isn't a pronunciation guide or accompanying audio, which halts me immediately and makes it hard to read. (And when you think about it, far more English dialects -- even in the original market -- are not going to rhyme these two words together; it's very specific to particular handfuls of English dialects, meaning it should've had an accompanying audio.) You'll also get tripped up on at least one dinosaur name, which ...more
Andria Davis
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a story about how dinosaurs became extinct. The story says the dinosaur became extinct because they stole the caveman's underwear which led to them fighting each other over the underwear which led them to become extinct.

This book is hilarious! I really liked the story and the pictures. I think children would really enjoy this book and it may make little ones excited about wearing underwear.

(Picture Book)
Katie
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is a cute idea, but the text ruined it for me. It was awkward to read aloud, and the attempts at rhymes are inconsistent. You start to expect a rhyme, or a line of text you can almost chant but then the words don't line up or end on an odd note. Younger children (preschool) didn't really understand some concepts of the book, it might work better if they have a few years of wearing underpants under their belts to really get it.
Taylor Volker
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny story that puts a humorous story behind why the dinosaurs are actually extinct. In the dinosaur times, cavemen began to wear underpants however when the dinosaurs saw this they wanted them. When a pair came along that everyone wanted they began to have a huge fight until there were no dinosaurs left.
Jill
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-lit, salih
This one has great illustrations, a ridiculously silly concept, a fun rhyming scheme, some pretty advanced vocab, and a misleading cover (so expressed Salih, my mentee, and I have to agree with him). It was a bit much for his reading level, so I read it, but I hope that we get him reading it in a few more weeks.
Vannessa Anderson
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youth-children
Dinosaurs Love Underpants was a very crazy but fun read! Never knew dinosaurs became extinct when cavemen started wearing underpants.

Author Freeman’s over the top imagination made reading Dinosaurs Love Underpants a great read! Ben Cort’s illustrations were beautiful, colorful, imaginative and fun.
Paul Baker
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, graphic-art
Wonderful childrens' book with terrific illustrations and sometimes strained poetry. Of course, we all know that there were no cavemen during the period of the dinosaurs, but if you can accept (spoiler alert) that all of the dinosaurs were killed fighting over the cavemen's underpants, you can certainly overlook other historical faux pas.
S.S.
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an amusing little tale featuring dinosaurs going crazy for underpants and wiping themselves out in the meantime. This is sheer surreal madness which is ideal for me! ;D i can imagine this going down well with the kiddies. (I don't know any kiddies personally and I'm 38 myself, so ... yup! I still enjoyed it!)
Steph
Kids squirm, wriggle, and pop up like toast in order to press their noses into the pages of this book. The illustrations are hilarious, the story is adorable, and children love it.

Can't go wrong with this book for a quick read aloud with the little ones.
Matt Garcia
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be the most interesting theory I’ve ever heard for what caused the dinosaurs to go extinct. The illustrations were very nice and anything involving dinosaurs 🦖 🦕 can’t be bad in my book lol.
Sarah Baker
Sep 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, read-to-thomas
Horribly inaccurate (not an issue for kids but I HATE that) and forced rhymes.
Kylie Moffat
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book with a class of 2nd graders. They thought it was the funniest thing and I was giggling along with them. It shows why dinosaurs went extinct.
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Funny on first read but brings nothing more. Colourful.
Vicki
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I love these fun books!
Karen
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hilarious take on why we no longer have dinosaurs - the kids loved it!
Sebastian HM
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was a lot of UNDERWEAR! Also, there were cavemen. That's it.
Hiba Yuki
Not exactly my cup of tea. It was meant to be humorous, but it felt forced.
Željko Filipin
A completely new theory on dinosaur extinction.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover (done) 3 11 Apr 20, 2017 11:05PM
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?
  • Tabby McTat
  • Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp
  • When a Dragon Moves In
  • I Need My Monster
  • Bear Feels Sick
  • Skippyjon Jones Lost in Spice (Skippyjon Jones, #5)
  • Love, Splat
  • Stop Snoring, Bernard!
  • Except If
  • Hugless Douglas
  • Little Grunt and the Big Egg
I’ve been a writer for over 15 years now, but it wasn’t planned!

I had a variety of jobs, including secretary, trainee buyer at Harrods, dental nurse, production assistant in a reprographic and printing company and various others.

I began to write after joining a creative writing class. I had no success with article writing, or short stories, or fiction, but the first children’s story I wrote, for a

Love Underpants (6 books)
  • Aliens Love Underpants