Start by marking “Bear Hugs: Romantically Ridiculous Animal Rhymes” as Want to Read:
Bear Hugs: Romantically Ridiculous Animal Rhymes

Bear Hugs: Romantically Ridiculous Animal Rhymes (Bear)

Rhino Mister and Rhino Miss

gaze at the moon in rhino bliss.

They rub their rhino tusks like this.

And now you've seen

rhinocerkiss!

Join the fun in the romantically ridiculous and the ridiculously romantic escapades of your favorite animals!

Published December 22nd 2009 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published December 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bear Hugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear Hugs

Suzanne Kunz Williams
A cute book of poems about how animals show love.

Talking points - Do you like hugs or kisses better? How do you generally show love and how do you generally most like love showed to you?
Jessica
A silly book for kindergartners to enjoy. Go give someone a hug!!
Beth
Jul 01, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Bear Hugs is a sweet, love filled book of poetry for preschool aged children. It features 21 sweet and silly short poems of animals and their affections for one another. Written by popular author Karma Wilson (of "The Bear" books) it is well-written and the word choice is appropriate for young children. The illustations by Suzanna Watt are soft and gentle and fit well with the poems. This book doesn't have the lure or attention grabbing appeal of Shel Silverstein but is a good introduction to po ...more
Megan
I checked out a bunch of kid books for Valentine's Day and this one was one of my faves! I'll have to remember to get it again next year. It's a bunch of lovey dovey poems about different animals and some of them are pretty creative. My favorites were Pignic, Lovebirds and Pins and Needles. It was too old for my 2 year old but he loved the illustrations (they're great!)
Dolly
May 01, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an entertaining collection of poems about love. Only one of them specifically mentions Valentine's Day, but it would be a great time of year to read this book. The poems are short and rhyming and the illustrations are colorful and cartoonish. The animals are adorable and overall, I am sure that this book will appeal to children.
Jackie
Adorable, short poems about love, hugs, and Valentine's Day.Bear Hugs: Romantically Ridiculous Animals Rhymes is a book with colorful, giggle-inducing snippets about the magic of love.

Used for "Hearts-A-Beating" storytime-February, 2010.
Christopher Skelskey
This is a fun book of short rhymes that can be used to help young kids understand poetry. They are fun and interesting involving animals and the kids love animals. Their favorite part seems to be the end when it ties it all back to people.
Jen
Apr 03, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute little animal rhymes about love. It's perfect for Valentine's Day, but also for National Poetry Month, too! My 2nd graders thought the rhymes were very cute when I read this today to them.
Arlene Lauper
Oct 04, 2012 Arlene Lauper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable book of "love" poems. My son loved the silly rhymes and illustrations. Great valentine's day themed book or just a cute anytime love themed book.
Joenna
This is one of the CUTEST poetry books I have ever read. And it's perfect for Valentine's day. All the poems are about really cute animals and their love for one another.
Danielle Mccoy
Jun 27, 2016 Danielle Mccoy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Naeemah Reese
Good choice to read aloud to students in February when doing Valentine's Day activities. The students would love the little poems.
Peacegal
Feb 23, 2012 Peacegal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really don't know how many kids will enjoy this mushy stuff. Normally the picture book set couldn't care less.
Matthew
This is a collection of animal love poems. It's cute and simple. It's a nice book, that any child could enjoy.
Amy
Feb 22, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
really cute valentines book
Hannah
I read a selection of poems from this book for my preschoolers during story time. While I thought the poems were clever and silly, they seemed rather unimpressed.
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2017
Leelian
Leelian rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2014
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2011
Nina
Nina rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Christie
Christie rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2013
Skylar Burris
Skylar Burris rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2008
Christine Mancini
Christine Mancini rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Hannah M
Hannah M rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2010
Zoe Nelson
Zoe Nelson rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
Miss Kelly
Miss Kelly rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Madison
Madison rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl ...more
More about Karma Wilson...

Bear (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Bear Snores On
  • Bear Wants More
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • Bear's New Friend (The Bear Books)
  • Bear Feels Sick