Start by marking “Found (Magic Thief, #3)” as Want to Read:
Found (Magic Thief, #3)

Found

(Magic Thief #3)

Never turn your back on a dragon!

Sneaking out of prison isn't easy, unless you are a thief, or a wizard. Luckily, Conn is both! Trouble is, once he's out, where does he go? His home is a pile of rubble since he blew it up doing magic. His master, the wizard Nevery, is not happy with him. Worst of all, Conn's been exiled, and staying in the city will mean his death.

But
Published May 25th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2010)

Start your review of Found (Magic Thief, #3)
Ginger
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve had a chance to peruse my review of the first two books in this series, you’ll know that I loved them both and that same level of enjoyment was extended to this final book in the series. It is not easy to write three books that maintain the same high level of excitement from readers, yet Sarah does it flawlessly. In fact, I was very sorry to finish and wished she was continuing it!

In this final installment of the The Magic Theif series, the magic takes a firmer grip on Conn in this
Darth J
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
This series, besides stealing heavily from other popular books (more on this in a minute) is about food. Somehow. Yes. I notice the main character Conn is always either talking about biscuits or eating them. With jam and butter, or even making a sandwich out of them. Is this the only source of food in this world?? Because it seems to be at least 90% of the diet of its inhabitants.

And there is an overused term of "getting the fluff beat" out of Conn. Over and over it's used... on every other
Hallie
May 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
From an LJ post:

Then I went off to my bed and the rest of The Magic Thief: Found, which was just wonderful. It's younger than YA, and still has one of the most interesting magics (you can't really call it a system of magic, which is part of the interest) I've read in ages. And the development in this (the third) book is just perfect - as you might guess from the subtitle, but that of course, could be referring to anything. Conn continues to be a wonder - as well as the understated depictions of
Haddayr
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I really liked best about this book and all the books was the voice. Conn has a strong presence. I also liked how he just refuses to go along with what he is told and he finds his own way. My son LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. As I read it, his eyes grew bigger and bigger as he dramatically clutched the covers under his chin in suspense and awe.

If Prineas does not publish the very last book I shall never forgive her, and more to the point, neither will my son.
Karen
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Um, I wanted to like this book, but there were just so many problems.

The author borrows so much so completely, none of it feels very fresh or clever. First, Nevery was a bit of a Merlin from Sword in the Stone, then he transformed into a grumpy Dumbledore, then the series suddenly became How to Train Your Dragon (the books, not the movies), so Nevery was superfluous. I'm focusing on Nevery because I had big hope for him, but they were never realized.

The writing itself stalls out quite often,
Cindy
Nov 25, 2010 rated it liked it
I have a massive confession. I feel if this is the end of the series utterly cheated. I have no closure, I felt it was a bit of a weak ending and I just... feel like the whole series was wrapped up way to quickly.

I am glad that there was more of Conn and the wizard in this book. I felt it was missing from the second one and it made me sad. But I am still a bit disappointed in the ending.

That said, there were a few sections that weren't explained very well and I felt I missed out on something.
Stephanie
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

The third book in the fabulous Magic Thief series builds to an incredibly exciting climax that finishes the trilogy arc perfectly. The ending was beautiful and poignant and just right.

I'm really hoping to read more Conn adventures in the future!
connie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
i really didn't remember much of this series other than a general wholesome vibe nice
Rebecca
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good installment in a fun series.
Jasmine Giacomo
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn
I am still debating on how many stars I should give this last book of the installment.
(btw, I just found out that even though it might not get published for another two years, the author has written a fourth book of the series !!!)
I wish I could give it a 3.5 but since Goodreads doesn't support that system I would have to give it a 4.

I'm afraid this series does not have a very strong satisfied ending...
but I guess I can't say for sure until I read the fourth book that will or will not be
Manny
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After years and years of re-reading book one, a thought suddenly occurred to me,
"there might be more!"

when I first read book one all those years ago, there had been no word about a sequel, but sure enough, I google searched the series yesterday, and not only is there a book two, but a book three and a nearly finished book four! Not only that, but my online library happened to have copies of both book two and book three available to borrow.

My opinion of the internet has certainly improved a
Saille
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ages 5-12
The conclusion of the series did a nice job of building suspense, and wrapping the story up. Unlike book 2, book 3 includes bits and pieces of the previous story, just in case you've forgotten, and as such, could conceivably be read stand-alone.

The series in general lends itself very well to audio. It is written in first person, and Connwaer (Conn) thinks/talks very descriptively. Tastes, smells, sights are all described in ways easily accessible to the listener, placing us firmly within the
Marie Sorensen
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any and all
It is predictable that in this age of Harry Potter afterglow, with its attendant post novel rollouts, that Prineas' trilogy would have similar elements of the orphan boy, the caring mentor, dependable friends, wizardry, magic, evil to fight, and a sacrifice to be made. But...I had to hone in to find those because Prineas does an admirable job of crafting "original" characters. Certainly the characters are well-drawn, well-developed, and unique to themselves. And the twist in story plot at the ...more
Ivonne Rovira
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ivonne by: Bill Wolfe
Sarah Prineas has penned a magnificent conclusion to her irresistible Magic Thief trilogy, which features the guttersnipe thief-turned-wizard Connwaer, his wizard mentor Nevery and his royal friend Rowan.

Conn, in exile after the literal pyrotechnics of The Magic Thief: Lost, nonetheless conspires with Nevery to come up with a defense against the encroaching evil magic of Arionvar. To tell much more would be to spoil this novel. Let’s just say that Conn heads out to find a new locus magicalicus
Hirondelle
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
This is adorable. And good in all its details (apart from the river geography on the peninsula map. Yikes. Go see it).

But it makes me feel decades too old for it - in a good way, not in a dated cultural reference way, but still, I just feel too old to appreciate it as it should be appreciated. There is still plenty there for an adult to enjoy though.

I really wish this will get translated, its a perfect series to buy for pre-teen boys (girls are a little bit easier to buy books for).
William
Once more, gutterboy/wizard Connwaer comes to the aid of his beloved city of Wellmet, striving against odds to save the city, its people and its Magic. And once again, author Sarah Prineas creates a delightful tale with her beautiful, skillful storytelling. I don't know whether this is the last of The Magic Thief books. If so, the series goes out with a flourish.
Elevetha
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Pretty much anyone
Recommended to Elevetha by: Miss Clark
Very good. I really liked this one a lot. 8+. Now where is book 4? Fall 2014!!! Ha ha very funny.
.........
You're not kidding, are you?
Frell.
Sophie Hunter
Feb 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't really get this book but that was probably beacuse it was the third bok but the characters weren't relateable, funny or cutesy. I was just impossible to attach to the characters
Amalie Simper
I think it's safe to say when you finish the second book of a series, look at your clock and realize there is exactly 20 minutes before the library closes and you can go get the 3rd book and then you don't set it down until you finish reading it 3 hours later that you really enjoyed the book. All the different details thigh out the first two books are wielded together very very well. I was about to punch the book twice because of the idiocy of the people around Conn and what happens in the ...more
Lana
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, as I did the other books, but a lot of the explanations of the magic and stuff didn't really make sense to me, so I was sort of trying to follow Conn confusedly as he figured things out. Which, I admit, was probably because I read this too fast...like gobbling down food so quickly that you almost choke on it or something.

I'm sure if I read it slower, I would have understood all of the connections with the worldbuilding and the magic system and everything, but I didn't.

It was
Jennifer Heise
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, fantasy
This was an exciting finale to the series, though again, it lacked some of the detailing we found in book 1. What I especially like about this series is that people, even when their better natures are engaged, continue to act in accordance with their basic characters. Conn returns, and hunts for a new way to allow him to talk to the magic of Wellmeet-- but things won't be easy. Still, we learn a lot more about how magic works in this world, and what makes it work, and what happens when the magic ...more
Rachel Meyer
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun book in the Magic Thief series. I really like how they're getting more serious as things go along, although I'll be quite interested in seeing what the forth book is about, since this one kind of felt like the end of the series.

This story focuses mostly on Conn, as he's alone for most of the book. He continues to grow in maturity, which is nice to see. I still love Nevery and Bennet and the new addition of Pip, the dragon. It's adorable.

The plot was fairly simple this time. Find
Laurel Decher
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The opening of Found is so much fun! Readers who have read Book#1 will enjoy it even more. Connwaer's newest attempts to save Wellmet's magic had me glued to the page all the way to the end. I love this character's loyalty, honesty, and willingness to do everything in his power to make the place he loves a better place for everyone without being a goody-two-shoes in any way. To avoid spoilers, I'll just say that what Connwaer finds in this story was quite unexpected and promises to make things ...more
Cheryl
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Conn is into trouble again, mostly because he's blowing things up to access magic. There are evil things turning people into stone, and those fuddy-dud wizards still don't believe him. He goes further afield, since he gets exiled, and even worse! This time, his wizard is actually trying to help him out. There's lots of fun and adventure and friendship in this last book of a very enjoyable middle grade series.
Jameyanne Fuller
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something about the first two books of this series just didn’t quite pull me in the way I wanted. But this book was just great! It was everything I wanted and more. Fun adventures, interesting twists, dragons, and all in all a great story. I’m glad I kept going with the series to get to this book, and I’m really curious to see where the fourth book will go from here.
Aimee
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read this all in one day. I devoured it like Conn devours his biscuits...or food in general.
That being said, Conn mentions biscuits SO MUCH, that I went and made some myself, because I was craving them so hardcore.
Also, the food in general that the author writes about sounds so hearty and meaty and delicious, that these books make me hungry. Haha
Jean Ryan
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
And I'm still not tired of this series. This installment was just as good as the first two as Conn discovers the source of magic. Creative and fun storytelling as we see why the magic chose Conn and then how he used that information to solve the current threat against Wellmet.
Claire-Elizabeth Ramson
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this book was slightly different from the first two, there were periods where conn was away and reacted differently to the different characters (no spoilers!). I updated the wikipedia page with the Runic messages.
Diana
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful installment to this series. There’s not much more that I can say that I haven’t said in the other reviews for books one and two—the writing style is right up my alley and the story kept me engaged and plowing on to the end. Now to dive into book four!
Conn and the Flame Dragon [SPOILERS] 1 8 Mar 06, 2013 02:03PM

• The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • Darke (Septimus Heap, #6)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • Queste (Septimus Heap, #4)
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • The Secret War (Jack Blank Adventure, #2)
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)
  • Jinx (Jinx #1)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
Author of the Magic Thief series, the Winterling trilogy, and others.

My website: www.sarah-prineas.com

Check out the book website, http://www.magicthief.com

Magic Thief (7 books)
  • The Magic Thief (Magic Thief, #1)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)
  • Home (Magic Thief, #4)
  • The Magic Thief Complete Collection: Books 1-5
  • The Magic Thief Collection Sarah Prineas 3 Books Set (Lost, Found, Magic Thief)
  • Magic Thief (4 Book Series)
“Tallennar. I knew what it meant. It meant thief. Well, that was all right. Because a thief really was a lot like a wizard.” 20 likes
“Because a thief really was a lot like a wizard.” 1 likes