Start by marking “February Friend (Calendar Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
February Friend (Calendar Mysteries, #2)

February Friend (Calendar Mysteries #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  380 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
A brand-new series by Ron Roy, spun off from A to Z Mysteries!

It's a Valentine's Day party! Bradley is passing out his class’s valentines, but one of them has no name on it. Inside, the card tells the class to look in the closet. When they open the closet door, the kids find a rabbit named Douglas in a cage! What mysterious “friend” left him there? And why? Then the bunny
Published October 20th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about February Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about February Friend

Dolly
Jul 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is the second book in the Calendar Mysteries series, a follow-on to the A to Z Mysteries by the same author. This series caters to a slightly younger audience and our girls really enjoy them. The mysteries are more benign and the stories are fairly short. They are good books for beginning readers who are starting to read chapter books. Our girls loved that this book highlighted a class pet.
Karen Arendt
Jan 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I think this is a good book for second and third graders. I like how the main characters are pretty independent of their parents, though the parents still have a presence in the story.
Marfita
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s
Blah. This might be okay for early readers who are stretching their skills, but it didn't do anything for me. After doing math and writing in their journals (do what?), the children in Mr. Vooray's first grade class launch into their Valentine's Day celebrations and find a mysterious gift of a pet rabbit in the "closet." The rabbit, whose name is Douglas, is not eating or drinking and misses his owner. If the kids can't track down the original owner, Douglas is doomed.
I don't know about you-all,
Sue
Title: February Friend (Calendar Mysteries #2)
Author: Ron Roy
Genre: Young Adult

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, Read and Review Challenge 2010, 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge, 100 + Reading Challenge, Young Adult Reading Challenge, YA Through the Decades, 1st In A Series, Pages Read 2010, A to Z challenge, What An Animal III Challenge

Rating: 3/5
No. of Pages: 69
Published: 2009

Back Cover: It’s a Valentine’s Day party! Bradley is passing o
Rosa Cline
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, valentines
This is a chapter book in a series called Calendar Mysteries, we've read a few of these books and this one was very good. The class receives a surprise Valentine which ends up being a class bunny. BUT the bunny is 'sick' so the twin boys that get to take him home for the weekend sees he's not well and they take him to the vet. The vet tells them he is depressed and needs his owner. but they don't know who it was that left him. They only have three photos of him as a baby bunny to go off of. So t ...more
Anthony Smith
Jun 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: grade-this
February Friend is a book about four children who at a school party get a message to check in the closet. To their surprise they find a rabbit that is very ill. The book does not provide a lot of text detail which does not help kids being able to imagine things. The book however does provide illustrations which can help for a little more detail. One big thing about the book is that it helps teach kids responsibility due to the fact the four kids in the book decided to help take care of the sick ...more
Rochelle
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: edrd-314
This book was a bit disappointing. There were so many characters, with too similar of names for me to keep track of. I cannot imagine being a child trying to keep all of the characters straight. The plot was cute though, trying to find the Bunny's owner; however, I think the moral was slightly flawed. Also throughout the story every food item is sweets, sweets, and more sweets. This is a child's book, maybe discouraging eating sweets all day would be a good idea. The book was over all okay, but ...more
Kristine Hansen
Who left a bunny in the classroom? What seems to be a really great (though mysterious) gift turns into a darker tale quickly as the bunny isn't doing too well, and it becomes crucial to find out where the little critter came from before it's too late. The kids are great, the solution creative and such an awesome idea that I think it should be followed in actual communities of that nature. Really great story!
Brandyn
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bryan-2015
I liked it because it was full of mysteries. It was surprising because the lunch monitor he put a bunny in the closet and the bunny (named Douglas), he can't do things without his owner. The lunch monitor can't take Douglas because he's moving somewhere where they can't have animals. I loved the book.
Amanda Kendall
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: bedtime
Dominic (6) quite liked this one. He liked Douglas the rabbit and was very worried that he would die. He was also pretty cross with Mr Neater.

Dom was very about Goldilocks the hamster living in Mr Voorey's classroom. He brought our hamster onto the bed so that she could hear the story, in case Goldilocks made a appearance.
Marlee
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
A quick, cute, fun story to read with children in February. Both of my children enjoyed this book (they are 10 and 7). It's fast and easy to read. And if the children have already read the A-Z mysteries, as my children did, they get to read about some of the same characters.
Earline
Was hoping this story would have a Valentine's Day related mystery, but Valentine's Day was barely mentioned. Overall the story and mystery were okay, but I still think these books have way too many characters. So far I am unimpressed with the "Calendar Mysteries" series.
Kaitiebeth Bartlett
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved when they found Douglas in the closet.
And when they found Douglas's owner.
When they met Douglas.
And when the twin's mother was feeding Douglas a baby bottle.
Caleb
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
It was good
Erin
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was alright. Good read for your son, a Valentine's Day Story that isn't lovey-dovey or girly.
Martin Mok
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story was very meaningful and interesting. And my favourite chacater is Bradley, it is because he is a good man, he was care to the rabbit.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
bradley finds a valentine card with no name which tells him to look in the closet. he finds a bunny there. his neighbor left the bunny there to surprise him.
Liam
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't the best.
Emily
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book series! Perfect for people who like the A to Z mysteries!
Kaytee
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it
they found a rabbit in the closet but it won't drink,eat or move so they had to find the owner of the rabbit then they found the owner it was mr neater.
Perla
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
its very good
Aug 11, 2011 added it
These are cute and the perfect pace for Gillian right now. She and I alternate reading a page each.
Gail
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great early chapter book. I will be using this book for VPL's 2nd-3rd grade book discussion. I'm sure most of the kids really liked it.
Caroline
Gabriel Dubransky
Jun 04, 2010
Jenn
Jul 12, 2013
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps
  • The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (The Buddy Files, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaoh (Agatha, Girl of Mystery #1)
  • The Missing Heir (The Sherlock Files #4)
  • Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)
  • The Catnapping Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #18)
  • Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer
  • Eve of the Emperor Penguin (Magic Tree House, #40)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • The Case of the Snowboarding Superstar (Jigsaw Jones, #29)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Calendar Mysteries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • March Mischief (Calendar Mysteries Series #3)
  • April Adventure (Calendar Mysteries, #4)
  • May Magic (Calendar Mysteries, #5)
  • June Jam (Calendar Mysteries, #6)
  • July Jitters (Calendar Mysteries, #7)
  • August Acrobat (Calendar Mysteries, #8)
  • September Sneakers (Calendar Mysteries, #9)
  • October Ogre (Calendar Mysteries #10)
  • November Night (Calender Mysteies #11)